Charlie Horses

ravensteve1961 said:
I have dibetes.I cant drink OJ anymore or anyother fruit juice cause of natruial sugar.

She didn't say Oj or juices she said water. :slap:

raven.. can u drink PURE orange juice and PURE juice that's made without sugar?

ravensteve1961 said:
I have dibetes.I cant drink OJ anymore or anyother fruit juice cause of natruial sugar.
What I'd suggest that you go see your doctor and tell him/her everything like the leg pains so he/she can know what you need. My mother was given prescribed medicine that helped a lot when she got pain in her legs. I think it's called Sulphur (sp?) - I'll have to ask my mother and post here.

Peachy Lady said:
Yeah Cheri is right...I said water not OJ or juices, Ravensteve :slap:

LOL! Let us both :slap: him at the same time huh? :giggle:

Ask a woman to rub it for you, but then again, it might not help! :lol: ...

sorry, I thought it was funni.. :aw:

ravensteve, cheri and peachy lady.. your posts (OJ stuff) are CLASSIC! It made me chuckle several times...

Reba said:
Ask your doctor about that. You might have poor circulation in your legs.
That's correct. It may be why you have these 'Charlie Horses' moments, ravensteve. You better get busy and see your doctor about that.

Edit: oh btw, I never have these 'Charlie Horses' myself.. I always drink lot of liquids such as milk and water. I haven't eaten banana for maybe... 6 years now.

Last edited:
Interesting!

I didnt know that banana does help. I didnt eat banana much like what Magastu says.

Yes, you should check with your doctor about this. The doctor would take the blood test from you to check how many % level chosterol, you has.

Yes, drink the water is the best! I drink water, herbal tea or milk alot.

I hate banana as I drink alot of V8 juice daily. My legs cramp is much less now lately because I drink V8 juice. It helps alot !

Oh yes, you remind me of juices, Sabrina!!!!!!!!

Yes, I also drink 100% juices, too.

ravensteve1961 said:
Thanks reba . I wonder does type 2 diebetes has anything to do with this. And Reba you agree with eatting bananas?

well it sounds like you are on a pour diet?? :dunno: --> so you need to start eating better and healthier!! .. instead of those fast food crap and all that!! otherwise it can lead to the amputation of your leg!! did you know that you can lose your leg later in life from diabetes if you dont take care of yourself?? you can also have other problems too?? such as eyesight, heartattack, etc.. my sister's ex bf and my ex fiance were diabetes.. they didnt take care of themselves or even care about themselves.. sheesh.. one of them is ahem! 6 FEET UNDER he was only 40! and the other one, just turned 40 is having a lot of health plms.. sheesh..

ravensteve1961 said:
I just ate a banana. You better be right. Im gonna be pissed if i wake up with a charlie horse.

it is NOT going to help you OVERNIGHT.. and whats more??.. you need to EXCERCISE MORE!!! that will do the trick.. :) i just asked my mom..

WHY?? she just had a physical checkup.. passed it with flying colors and was told that she had a body of a 30 year old too! at first i laughed.. but i realized she wasnt lying! :Oops:

WHY?? cuz she EXCERCISES EVERYDAY!! i learned from her.. i notice when i exercise.. i feel so much better.. less inflamation in my hips, stiffness, etc..

i am sure you guys notice that as you age.. things pop up! :ugh: .. so gotta excercise.. to prevent the pain, stiffness, keep the circulation going, etc.. it is NO FUN.. BUT THAT IS HOW IT WORKS.. :( GRRR...

Reba said:
Ask your doctor about that. You might have poor circulation in your legs.

Yes, I have heard that the potassium in the bananas is good for leg cramps. Sometimes my hubby has low potassium and the doctor told him eat more bananas.

plus exercise too.. ;)

Peachy Lady said:
Did you drink lots of water too?

yep!! i am a water freak.. i dont drink anything but water.. sometimes ill have arizona green tea! yummy.. soda---> once every blue moon at a bbq, party or whatsoever.. but rarely!

zesty said:
my sister's ex bf and my ex fiance were diabetes.. they didnt take care of themselves or even care about themselves.. sheesh.. one of them is ahem! 6 FEET UNDER he was only 40! and the other one, just turned 40 is having a lot of health plms.. sheesh..

6 feet under? Whats that? Underwater they drowned? Gosh i better stop swimmimg.

I never really drink juices for a long time or bananas... but I do know for a fact I didn't eat lots of vitamin C and irons... I don't reallly excerise a lot either.. thats probably why i get those cramps often. but my left hand is getting more cramp than it used to be. so it's time for me to have it check up. *shrugs*

ravensteve1961 said:
6 feet under? Whats that? Underwater they drowned? Gosh i better stop swimmimg.

"6 feet under" is common slang for "dead and buried" :)

Back