Charleston Church Shooting: 9 Dead At Historic Black Church

at Shabbat service on Friday in the memorial part we included the victims and survivors of Charleston.

I saw on the news this morning how some the relatives of the victims were talking about forgiveness...it reminded me of the Amish families after that schoolhouse shooting of those kids-

why did that happen to Amish

caz, apparently the shooter had a monotheistic perspective and never forgave his God for taking the life of his premature little infant....that's what I read....

I don't see it as anti-American... 600k Americans lost in the Civil War, families divided against each other. Memorials are those whose family members lost in the battlegrounds. South Carolina has history related to Civil War including the first shot of the war in Ft Sumter.

It's sad to see someone vandalize the statue that is designed as a memorial to those who fought and died in that war. There is no mention of hate in that statue and I don't understand why someone would spray paint this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_States_of_America

The key word on this statue is "Confederate". The link shows that confederate states were slave states.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/22/u...ly-in-criticism-of-confederate-flag.html?_r=0

a flag that is a particularly searing reminder of slavery

Don't we have museums? That should be enough!

Oh he meant and truly believes what he stated.
Where ever they send him, he is good aryan brotherhood material, to his ilk he is a hero. And will be treated and respected as such….
How is he a hero? He failed in his mission. His goal was to start a race war. Didn't happen. In fact, he brought together more white and black people than ever. His plan backfired.

How is he a hero? He failed in his mission. His goal was to start a race war. Didn't happen. In fact, he brought together more white and black people than ever. His plan backfired.

He is NOT a hero to me. Just to be clear.
But he is and will be to those who share his ideology.
No doubt about it. To them im sure a dead sentor and dead blacks slain for their cause a good thing, regardless of what ever after effects...
One can be a hero and still fail...every war and struggle is full of heroism. That is not incumbent on whether a mission was "sucsessfull" or not..
But sure he is and will be viewed as a hero by those who share his ideology...
I haveno doubt about that.
As for.bringin.peoplw together, we both know in the grand scheme of things and society thats all hot air and fLuff. Racism still will exist, injustice still will exist, racism on both sides will grow, its not reciding is it? HiS act hasnt chanched s thing. Beside leaving a pile of bodies.
and to those who shsre his ideology that pile is a positive. And most likely very surely more piles of dead will be comming...

attachment.php

Attachments

• salt.jpg
    salt.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 66
Charleston adopts ordinance forcing protesters to keep 300 feet away from funerals

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- Threats to picket the funerals of the nine people killed at Emanuel AME Church has brought swift reaction from both Charleston City Council and Lowcountry residents.

Members of Westboro Baptist Church announced on social media that they plan to picket the funerals in Charleston this week.

That, according to the N.Y. Daily News, prompted the 'hactivist' group Anonymous to announce it would confront the Westboro members both online and in person if they tried to picket.

Lowcountry residents also responded with a Facebook group to create a 'human wall' between Westboro protesters and the funeral. The group had more than 2,000 participants as of Tuesday afternoon.

Charleston City Council on Tuesday unanimously adopted an emergency ordinance to prevent anyone from picketing within 300 feet of any home, cemetery, funeral home, church, synagogue or any other establishment an hour before, after or during a funeral, memorial or burial service at that location.

The ordinance becomes effective immediately and expires after 60 days.

Charleston Police Chief Greg Mullen said he requested the ordinance out of respect to the families.

"We're getting information from various sources that there is a potential for various groups to be here to protest either the memorials or the funerals," Mullen said. "And quite frankly that is not acceptable to us."

Mullen said it still gives people a chance to express their freedom of speech but it allows police to create a buffer that protects the families and their loved ones.

The city is expecting thousands of people for the funerals.

President Barak Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and House Speaker John Boehner are among those expected to attend the funeral of S.C. Senator and Rev. Clementa Pinckney Friday at 11 a.m. at TD Arena.

Charleston adopts protesting ordinance in response to Westboro and others

It happened. KKK spread the flyers in Alabama (I think since I read it yesterday) recently. Looks like he woke KKK up.

That is hardly a race war.

Indeed....
Its not just white racists itching for a race war either, farakhan has put out some twisted fith recentky too...
Anyway...
When it occures, and i lean more on thw when then if, america is finished.....

That is hardly a race war.

Isnt the.reaction the atack on history, the confederate flag, only play into thebracists hands?
Causing more startification,more hsrdened lines....more us vs them mentality?
It almost seems its being done to peovoke nore extremeism.

It happened. KKK spread the flyers in Alabama (I think since I read it yesterday) recently. Looks like he woke KKK up.

KKK has been around in Alabama for MANY MANY YEARS.

Your state - California has a lot of Nazi gangs and Aryan Brotherhood.

Damn, there are two threads about the stupid flag. What's up with that? Two Threads!!!!! That means everyone who opposes the flag has to reply to both threads like I do. Honestly, this forum is out of control.

Anyway, here's a link...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/25/opinions/rhea-confederate-flag-symbols/index.html

I grew up in the segregated South of the 1950s and witnessed that heritage first-hand. The Confederate battle flag of my youth represented opposition to the goals of the civil rights movement, waving defiantly as Gov. George Wallace of Alabama proclaimed, "Segregation now! Segregation tomorrow! Segregation forever!"
I really don't understand that you still don't get it.

Remember this idiot, Gov Wallace who worshiped this flag said that blacks were not allowed in this college because of this flag. Jesus Christ, when will you wake up?

Damn, there are two threads about the stupid flag. What's up with that? Two Threads!!!!! That means everyone who opposes the flag has to reply to both threads like I do. Honestly, this forum is out of control.

Anyway, here's a link...

Remember this idiot, Gov Wallace who worshiped this flag said that blacks were not allowed in this college because of this flag. Jesus Christ, when will you wake up?

Because history and culture matter to many people, that flag isnt just about racism, just as your stars and stripes isnt just about native american conquest and genocide.
Both flags represent esch, but they both aslo represent allot more...

Well the easier task than to sit and bitch about it is to PM a moderator and ask if it is possible to merge the threads or move posts to the correct thread. You don't HAVE to reply to both threads... good lord....

Not only that... THIS thread is originally about the Charleston shooting- it became derailed by discussion of the flag. The other thread IS about the discussion about the flag. They aren't exactly the same theme.

Last edited:
Well the easier task than to sit and bitch about it is to PM a moderator and ask if it is possible to merge the threads or move posts to the correct thread. You don't HAVE to reply to both threads... good lord....

Not only that... THIS thread is originally about the Charleston shooting- it became derailed by discussion of the flag. The other thread IS about the discussion about the flag. They aren't exactly the same theme.

Thank you very much.

Just other Carolinian. :cool2:

Anyway, here's a link...

There are people saying that UK flag is racist, even Muslims said US flag is racism and islamphobia.

I'm side with sons of confederate veterans, that's not racism and they fought for state rights against the North aggression.

My grandfather family's side have a lot of bloods from confederate veterans.

I'm hardcore southerner. :cool2:

Back