Charges against girl, 18, in same-sex underage relationship

I would never be interested in someone who could be my child (age-wise).

That basically means anyone 45 and under (my daughter is 39).

Interesting formula but I don't think it is meant to be anything more than a 'guideline' to potentially inappropriate relationships. It certainly does not define a "sexual predator". Each adult has to decide for themselves if age parameters are important and what they are.

I really believe age is just a number, I see nothing wrong with a large age difference between adults if that makes them happy.....that is none of my business. I had a problem with this case because 14 is a child.

I would like to see Katie get 2 years of felony deferred adjudication. That way she has serious consequences if she screws up again but if she stays clean she won't have a conviction on her record. 2 years also gives the victim enough time to turn 17.

Came across the feed of Kate's younger sister today. Brags about being drunk and hungover. Brags about her mom punching someone. That whole family is crazy. Really sad.

Came across the feed of Kate's younger sister today. Brags about being drunk and hungover. Brags about her mom punching someone. That whole family is crazy. Really sad.

Oh wow, Kate is really drunk today?

I haven't drank alcoholic beverage since October 2011 so you know why. :hmm:

Oh wow, Kate is really drunk today?

I haven't drank alcoholic beverage since October 2011 so you know why. :hmm:

Actually this is her younger sister. I think she is 16 so I won't say the name. SMH

Here is the affidavit. Warning, this is pretty graphic. There is a second report that I have chosen not to post because it is worse. Tis is a lot more than "kissing"

Kaitlyn Hunt Redacted Affidavit Redacted

Note the "relationship" started in November according to the victm's statement. The 18 and 14 ages are also verified.

Thank you. It's make more sense to me now. They used text message. Kate screwed up since police officer can read everything text message thru carrier service with warrant.

Yes, but not at state level, you can't sign the bank without parent, can't sign VR form without parent, hold at juvenile detention center - it is up to state to charge as adult or not. The adult age in my state is 19.

It is not bad idea to finish the school at 17 years old so doesn't have deal with minor delinquency - just start kindergarten as 4 years old and graduate from HS at 17 years old.

Well, I moved to USA when I was around 5 years old and finish high school when I was 19 years old without skip or down grade.

Update on Katelyn Hunt's case

Kaitlyn Hunt update: 'Free Kate' lesbian teen sex case heads before judge

Kaitlyn Hunt, the Florida teen facing felony charges for having a sexual relationship with a younger teen at her high school, is scheduled to appear before a judge for a docket call on Thursday, July 25. Kaitlyn’s mother, Kelley Hunt Smith, posted a positive meme on the Free Kate Facebook page on July 22, declaring she will choose to ignore negativity and be happy.

It was Hunt Smith who went public with her daughter’s legal troubles in May. Kaitlyn was an 18-year-old senior arrested for engaging in sexual activity with a 14-year-old girl in the bathroom of their high school. The Hunt family has been adamant that Kaitlyn is being discriminated against because of her sexual preference.

Tens of thousands of supporters around the world agree. The “Free Kate” movement has nearly 50,000 Facebook supporters and over $33K has been raised through a Go Fund Me online campaign. In addition, Kate’s team is selling t-shirts, bracelets and necklaces on Ebay.

Kaitlyn Hunt’s trial is currently set for September 9.

I know why HRC doesn't involve in this case because Katelyn's families lost the credibility due to dishonesty.

There are mixed reaction in gay communities as well.

Still at it.... Smh

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — Kaitlyn Hunt has been put on notice that she has violated the conditions of pretrial release, according to court documents in a “Notice of violation of conditions of pretrial release.” The document states that she contacted the child victim, sent lewd photos and a video, as well as attempted to tamper with the investigation.
On Feb. 17, 2013 the court ordered Hunt “shall have no contact, directly or indirectly.”
On March 1, according to records, during Hunt’s last day of school at Sebastian River High, Hunt placed an iPod into the child victim’s locker that she later used to communicate with her.
“Over the course of the following months, the defendant (Hunt) used the iPod to contact the child victim almost daily using text messaging and FaceTime,” according to the document.
Hunt “consciously and intentionally” violated the court’s order, stated the document. On or about May 25, Hunt texted the child victim, “I’m out of jail on bond. That’s part of my bond. I’ll sit in jail until trial starts.” Hunt then tells the child victim, “Keep the (expletive) quiet.”
Around May 29, Hunt texted the child victim “If my mom finds out we’re talking I’m blaming it on you,” according to the court document. Contact did not only come in the form of texting. Hunt also sent lewd and lascivious material to the child victim.
The state is in possession of over twenty-five lewd and lascivious photographs and one video Hunt sent to the child victim, according to the document. These photographs and videos are explicit and depict the defendant nude and sometimes engaged in sex acts.
Hunt also coordinated secret meetings with the child victim where the child would leave her home and get picked up by Hunt, according to the document. This violated the court order to stay 500-feet from the victim.
The document also stated that Hunt tampered with the child victim. Hunt attempted to control what the victim would tell the Assistant State Attorney when asked about their meeting and sex acts at the school. The child victim stated under oath to detectives that Hunt instructed her to lie when she testifies at trial.
The document also states that there is evidence of illegal drug use. Hunt used references of “rolling our blunt now,” in text messages to the child victim.
What impact this has on the plea deal offered to Hunt yesterday remains to be seen. Calls to the State Attorney’s Office have been placed.
According to Florida State Statutes, the court may revoke bond without an adversarial hearing on finding probably cause.
“It is apparent from the defendant’s past and present patterns of behavior that (Hunt) does not care that two circuit judges have ordered her to stay away from her victim,” according the written opinion of State Attorney Bruce Colton. “She has covertly contacted her victim thousands of time, had continued intimate contact with her victim, threatened to blame her victim if her own misconduct is discovered, instructed her victim on what to say to the prosecutor, solicited her victim to lie for her, and in general sought to obstruct the judicial process. “

Hunt violates conditions of pretrial release by sending lewd images to victim - VeroNews: Indian River County Public Safety

Jeez I guess Hunt will be going to jail for a long time. Smh

what a horny little devil :roll:

Oh wow, it will much easier to find her guilty now.

I think she should better to stay at state prison for 10 years and teach her a lesson, but she will probably become criminal - break more laws and return to prison. :roll:

She'll probably become a big fish in the prison pond with lots of minnows available.

Sad.

I'm a lesbian, and I know that a lot of the gay community sees this as discrimination because it's 2 women. We ask for equal rights as gay people that doesn't mean pick and choose! The fact of the matter is she's 18 and this is a 14 YEAR OLD! 2 girls, 2 guys, or a guy and a girl that is UNACCEPTABLE! at 14 you're not old enough to do ANYTHING let alone choose to have SEX! I'm gay, and I absolutely support equal rights, but again no picking and choosing! It's an illegal act, plain and simple... 14? Jesus... If my daughter were 14 and slept with an 18 year old I'd probably do the same thing! WTF happened to kids? I didn't even have sex on my mind when I was 14!!! I think I was too busy clinging onto Pokemon or whatever was out at the time... Maybe it was POGS when I was 14... But still good god! Kids... SMH

I'm a lesbian, and I know that a lot of the gay community sees this as discrimination because it's 2 women. We ask for equal rights as gay people that doesn't mean pick and choose! The fact of the matter is she's 18 and this is a 14 YEAR OLD! 2 girls, 2 guys, or a guy and a girl that is UNACCEPTABLE! at 14 you're not old enough to do ANYTHING let alone choose to have SEX! I'm gay, and I absolutely support equal rights, but again no picking and choosing! It's an illegal act, plain and simple... 14? Jesus... If my daughter were 14 and slept with an 18 year old I'd probably do the same thing! WTF happened to kids? I didn't even have sex on my mind when I was 14!!! I think I was too busy clinging onto Pokemon or whatever was out at the time... Maybe it was POGS when I was 14... But still good god! Kids... SMH

I went to residential school and the tolerance seems different from regular high school. I had seen some older students and seniors have relationship with freshmen girls (14-15 years old), even there were few 18 years old student in freshmen and sophomore. It became extremely rare now because of NCLB. I have no knowledge if they were involved with sexual intercourse. It was none of my business.

In some school, gay students are better treated - when they involve with sexual intercourse, they will receive in school suspension for one day, compare to 3 days to 1 week out of school suspension for opposite sex. All of those case is consensual only.

In Katelyn Hunt's case, that is much worse because of zero credibility (dishonesty) and I think she betrayed on gay communities. Send her to prison for 20 years and teach her a hard lesson. She got arrested for violate the release agreement.

Back