Challenges

off the topic.:giggle:

Psss? psst? I fell asleep on 11 hour. what happened at the end???? i saw the beginning about the couple become blind caused by the mercury. Did they solve it?? thanks!

Yes they solved. The wildlife government worker was dumping old mercury appliances in the lake to cause it and draw attention to the planet being in trouble.

They delivered the baby early and it and the mother would probably be ok.

Felix Lee the giant FBI agent looks like will become a regular. So it must be doing really well if they are going to pay another main character. It is my favorite new show. :)

Yes they solved. The wildlife government worker was dumping old mercury appliances in the lake to cause it and draw attention to the planet being in trouble.

They delivered the baby early and it and the mother would probably be ok.

Felix Lee the giant FBI agent looks like will become a regular. So it must be doing really well if they are going to pay another main character. It is my favorite new show. :)

ah, wildlife government worker. damn! Oh, felix too. awesome. i like felix to make dr hood so tense in some way but dr hood needs to be loose. :giggle:

That show is almost similar as CSI LV. They lost grissom and gained the new worker, ray langston.

thank you!!!

What an... interesting initial response to the OP (jezzie)....

Was that really necessary?

I don't know if you're complaining about me getting in the hot tub or that I asked a girl what she does for a living?

I figured I could say that I was getting in the hot tub because I few other people said that they were "going to Starbucks" "going to go watch CSI". It's the same concept I got in the hot tub and wasn't going to be responding for a while.

As for the question what do you do for a living... I was trying to redirect the conversation.... Ehm

Relax, I wasn't referring to you. I meant the responses of others to your original post (inital responses). Some of them were a bit aggressive and all you were doing was trying to learn. So I was asking the others if that was really necessary.

Relax, I wasn't referring to you. I meant the responses of others to your original post (inital responses). Some of them were a bit aggressive and all you were doing was trying to learn. So I was asking the others if that was really necessary.

Of course it had already kind of been fixed until you decided you needed to stir up a little more trouble.

Would you like to be the question answerer, oh superior one?:hmm:(with massive patience}

Well it sure made me feel outta place, but that's okay. It's over and done with. Would you be willing to help me out with my project and just briefly tell me about your story?

Well it sure made me feel outta place, but that's okay. It's over and done with. Would you be willing to help me out with my project and just briefly tell me about your story?

Just so you understand the purpose of my posts....that out of place, uncomfortable feeling is exactly what deaf people are made to feel every day in the hearing world. I just reversed it for you. Now, having experienced some of that yourself, you will have the ability to empathize much better with the deaf perspective. ;)

Jillio is kind of like a mother wolf. Even though I think I am older than her she reminds me of my parents.

Lots of parents of deaf people I think trying to make sure their kids don't have to be hurt anymore than necessary from the outside world.

As for Daredevel7, she is an aerospace engineer. She can tell you all about high acheiving deaf oralists. She knows all of us are wrong and is the true expert of deaf experience here.

Just so you understand the purpose of my posts....that out of place, uncomfortable feeling is exactly what deaf people are made to feel every day in the hearing world. I just reversed it for you. Now, having experienced some of that yourself, you will have the ability to empathize much better with the deaf perspective. ;)

Well, at least this has been a learning experience. Do you get many people on here who are like me but don't resolve the issue and just "give up"? Just cerious because I was pretty tempted.

Jillio is kind of like a mother wolf. Even though I think I am older than her she reminds me of my parents.

Lots of parents of deaf people I think trying to make sure their kids don't have to be hurt anymore than necessary from the outside world.

As for Daredevel7, she is an aerospace engineer. She can tell you all about high acheiving deaf oralists. She knows all of us are wrong and is the true expert of deaf experience here.

:laugh2: As always, Bott...you make my day. I trust you are feeling better!

Well, at least this has been a learning experience. Do you get many people on here who are like me but don't resolve the issue and just "give up"? Just cerious because I was pretty tempted.

Most don't have the courage to stick it out, nor the courage to examine their own attitudes. When one sticks around, they're usually a keeper!:giggle:

Glad you recognize it as a learning experience. And, don't you think that having actually experienced it gives you a better understanding than having just been told about it?

Meet Bottesini!

She can tell you all about the "'I've been there, I've done that, so I know better than you" ex-oral deaf converted into deaf community experience.

That is the best part about AD! Gotta love the different perspectives here.

P.S. I suggest talking to the person him/herself to draw your own conclusions about them rather than relying on one's cloudy perspectives of others (like mine above :))...

Meet Bottesini!

She can tell you all about the "'I've been there, I've done that, so I know better than you" ex-oral deaf converted into deaf community experience.

That is the best part about AD! Gotta love the different perspectives here.

P.S. I suggest talking to the person him/herself to draw your own conclusions about them rather than relying on one's cloudy perspectives of others (like mine above :))...

I just need some personal experiences and about what made you get involved with this web site. What drew you here to advise people? Did you become deaf, born deaf, know someone who is deaf? How does this web site help you personally? Anybody or everybody can answer these questions for me, please.

Most don't have the courage to stick it out, nor the courage to examine their own attitudes. When one sticks around, they're usually a keeper!:giggle:

Glad you recognize it as a learning experience. And, don't you think that having actually experienced it gives you a better understanding than having just been told about it?

Experiencing it does give me a better understanding, but I think that it could be been a slightly more enjoyable experience. There quite a few harsh words said.

I just need some personal experiences and about what made you get involved with this web site. What drew you here to advise people? Did you become deaf, born deaf, know someone who is deaf? How does this web site help you personally? Anybody or everybody can answer these questions for me, please.

1) I wanted to find out more information about CI (cochlear implant), and just got caught up on this site. Despite the hissy fits that goes on sometimes, it's been a pretty interesting experience for me to learn about people's different perspectives, what their thoughts are regarding the deaf community/languages/CI/etc.
2) I wouldn't say I "advise" people. I basically go around, ask a lot of questions, read articles/research, and share my own experiences/thoughts.
3) I was born deaf.
4) Personally, it helps me gain better understanding of others. There also has been valuable information about the CI. I got implanted a few months ago.

1) I wanted to find out more information about CI (cochlear implant), and just got caught up on this site. Despite the hissy fits that goes on sometimes, it's been a pretty interesting experience for me to learn about people's different perspectives, what their thoughts are regarding the deaf community/languages/CI/etc.
2) I wouldn't say I "advise" people. I basically go around, ask a lot of questions, read articles/research, and share my own experiences/thoughts.
3) I was born deaf.
4) Personally, it helps me gain better understanding of others. There also has been valuable information about the CI. I got implanted a few months ago.

When did you learn sign language? Has the cochlear implant given you any trouble?

Experiencing it does give me a better understanding, but I think that it could be been a slightly more enjoyable experience. There quite a few harsh words said.

As I said, that is exactly what the deaf experience on a daily basis in the hearing world. It wouldn't have provided you with an accurrate perception if it had been sugar coated for you.

When did you learn sign language? Has the cochlear implant given you any trouble?

I am not fluent in sign language. I took a class with my mom and aunt once when I was about 14/15 because they were offering it at church, so we decided to take it. I didn't take another class until now. I met a deaf friend who uses ASL and hooked me up with a class. I hope to be fluent, it's nice to learn multiple languages.

Since I was born profoundly deaf and wore only hearing aids for so long (I am 26 now), I am technically not such a great candidate for the CI since it takes a long time for my brain to get used to the overstimulation. So for the past few months, it's been a journey just to get used to hearing sounds this way. Right now, I am at the point that I DEFINITELY hear more with the CI than the hearing aid (it wasn't always like that, and that can give one a disappointing feeling), but learning to discriminate some speech is another long process that will take probably a year or so. The only "troubles" from the CI that I get are: loud sounds (gotta get used to it!) and eye twitching (which went away after a mapping).

Back