cell phones for text messaging?

what about prepaid cell phones???

i think nokia 3060 is one of those .... but anyone recommend another one???

I am a big fan of cingular because their gsm, so you can upgrade your phone without any hassles; plus, the price is right for unlimited text messaging. However, they just don't got anything like verizon or t-mobile has for qwerty keyboard phones, T-mobile has the sidekick and verizon has the V, eNVY, and u740.

You're behind the news. :)

Cingular does have the 8525, Samsung blackjack, blackberry, Nokia E62, etc. Those are qwerty phones. I have a 8525 myself. :)

here is link...

T-Mobile Nokia 6030 - Wal-Mart

Item Description

The Nokia 6030 is a sleek, stylish entry level speaker phone with FM radio and excellent battery life.

Polyphonic Ring Tones
Speaker Phone
FM Radio
Color display
Java
MMS and 65K color display
Lightweight, compact design
Dual band GSM phone w/ internal attenna
Alarm clock and calculator
Instant Messsaging with AOL, ICQ and YAHOO is also available with predictive text entry
Phone book capacity of 300 entries

As far as data, I love my Sidekick 2. The phone quality, however, (i'm hearing) absolutely SUCKS. The camera SUCKS. I tried the EnV with Verizon but was not satisfied. The video and camera quality is awesome. The phone is decent for a cell phone, but the data is not user friendly. So many menus and choices and folders, plus extra charges, etc. The sidekick is so convenient with everything on the jump screen.

Until they come up with something else similar but better, I'll stick with the SK2. Sigh!

frankly, i know not much about pre-paid plans and i tried to see if these pre-paid plans include text or internet, but nothing i can find. sorry.

Tell Cellular Reps that you're deaf and can't talk on phone but use text messaging. They are suppose to provide discount for deafie. IF not then contact Cellular Company to find out if they provide one and if they do then tell them to call Rep near your area that you visited and make printout from tty if you have it or AIM printout ect. to prove them that you have same message.

Worth a try
Catty

No probs here in New Zealand, prepaid texting only $10 per month for 1000 texts...........just cant teach the technophobe hearie boy freind to text, dam it

Prepaid cell phones cost more.

I have a friend who used to have one. Each point was worth one minute, which are rounded up. If she made a call that was 8 minutes 34 seconds, she paid with 9 points. Another thing is that each text message received and sent is also worth 1 point as well.

i do text messages lots and im send my mom on text messages lots but im using text messages on cingular.

im really loves palm cell phone more easy for me of typing any words but i know palm cell phone lots of money and i told my mom about palm cell phone and my mom cant afford! im really bad get palm cell phone!

i found out that on nokia 3060.. u can pay monthly 29 dollars voice n data plan plus 14.99 montly for unlimited messaging of AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and ICQ as well. but with credit check of course....

it said require to have voice plan.. is there a way that i get data plan only instead of voice plan?? anyone know??

as always dont have to check for credit but can be prepaid....

tmobile, sprint, at&t offer the unlimited data plan only for 30 dollars to deaf mobile users. it doesnt come with voice plan.

can you afford that ?

but my friend who have the 6030 model (my mistake not 3060 lol sorry) and she said its required to have voice plan.. i thought huh? she said its cellphone.. thats why.. i told her but sidekick have phone too? whats the difference? she gulped.. so gonna check n see if i can get data plan only without the voice plan you know? i already ordered the cellphones for myself and my dh as well.. so hopefully i can get the data plan only.. it should arrive next week .. i hardly cant wait! heh..

but my friend who have the 6030 model (my mistake not 3060 lol sorry) and she said its required to have voice plan.. i thought huh? she said its cellphone.. thats why.. i told her but sidekick have phone too? whats the difference? she gulped.. so gonna check n see if i can get data plan only without the voice plan you know? i already ordered the cellphones for myself and my dh as well.. so hopefully i can get the data plan only.. it should arrive next week .. i hardly cant wait! heh..

LOL funny. Hope you can correct error on plan and change it to Data only for unlimited Text.

Catty:giggle:

LOL funny. Hope you can correct error on plan and change it to Data only for unlimited Text.

Catty:giggle:

Text does not use data network, it use voice cell tower to send texts from phone to phone. So she would not need data to send SMS text just a voice plan and a sms text plan with it.

If she trying to get data only on Tmoblie then it will cost 49.99 a month without a voice plan. SK and BB is the only one that cose 29.99 and 39.99 for data only plans. And I am not sure how much more with a txt plan on top of that. I think SK plan comes with txt plan .. 300 txts unless she get SK thur some rep that sell mainly to deaf commuities then it unlimited txts with the SK data plan.

I am sure that Nokia uses sms txt on AIM and MSN etc that why it extra a month for unlimited sms txt.

I would suggest you get a smart phone that can do data and find a IM that use data not sms txt which would be the cheapest way to go rather than paying voice plan + sms monthly plan just for AIM MSN etc.

One way to get around "credit issue" is to buy the smartphone like on Ebay etc and activate it on a cheap voice plan then contact AT&T/Cingular TAP program and have the plan switched over to TAP plan.

Back