cell phones for text messaging?

its only 14.99 for unlimited messaging plus 5.99 for web browsing... on nokia 6030.. only 29 dollars per month.. not bad..

True but not all cell phones have a full screen, qwerty keyboard that actually functions like a keyboard, etc.. like the sidekick and lg envy do.

oh, and yes I agree, the sidekick is great, but t-moble's service here is really, really bad.

And as far as unlimited text messaging goes, all carriers have that its just with some carriers you need to pay extra for it or have a plan that includes it.
Yeah, I went to T-Mobile a couple days ago to ask them about their mobile phones. I was thinking about upgrading my Sidekick 2 to something else. When I asked them about their phones that had unlimited data, they pointed me at the Blackberries they had available. However, the unlimited data plan for Blackberries do not include unlimited text messaging. It was only the Sidekicks that had unlimited text messaging.

Since I rely a lot on text messaging with hearing people, I'll probably go ahead and get a Sidekick 3 instead.

Cool! Happy to know you, Freaky Cat (should I not type your name?) have cell phone. I have sidekick 3 but not want one. I still stuck with one year agreement. I have to wait next year to get iPhone. It cost average 32 dollars. I clicked your link and think I really like it!

I use SK2 with prepaid. I hate monthly bills and I don't always use sidekick.. so I use prepaid when i need sidekick. I bought SK2 for 50 bucks via deaf services in my hometown.

Cool! Happy to know you, Freaky Cat (should I not type your name?) have cell phone. I have sidekick 3 but not want one. I still stuck with one year agreement. I have to wait next year to get iPhone. It cost average 32 dollars. I clicked your link and think I really like it!

u can say my name .. no matter.. most of aders know who i am.. :)

yeah i have cell phone.. but its net 10.. thats the one i m using right now.. only 5 cents each to send text... as for nokia 6030.. i called tmobile to activiate it... but was not successful.. say system unavailable.. so i gave up... grrrr.. sucks... not know when i will activite it... sigh..

hi...i just got a new verizon phone the other day, (my dad got one with free unlimited texting! :) )
But the problem is, how should I tell people, "don't call, text?" especially when it costs so much for everybody else? :( my best friend can't, and this cute guy says it costs him extra, so I'm kinda down right now. Plus (i'm profoundly deaf/hoh) then he called, so I decided to chance it (i can hear my family members all right, so...)and I understood about half of his conversation, but I sure sounded stupid, though. Plus, I found out that my phone makes a buzzing sound that definitely did not help :(

I guess what I'm saying is, how do you ask people to accomodate you by texting, no matter how expensive it is? or should I still stick with email?

Almost all cell phones have text messaging services, but they also usually charge a lot for them as well. It's usually one message equals one minute. Ugh!

I have a Sidekick II with unlimited text messaging. :)

I have Verison cell phone. I have unlimited text messaging also. I explained them that I am deaf, I don't use voice at all so they gave me unlimited text message. :)

I have Verison cell phone. I have unlimited text messaging also. I explained them that I am deaf, I don't use voice at all so they gave me unlimited text message. :)

That's the new nationwide messaging plan.

I did not realize this thread was dated around 2007. *Sigh*...

You got the math wrong.

.5 is not 5 cents.

.05 is 5 cents.

Therefore, the problem would be...

$.05 per text message x 1,000 text messages = $50 total

:)

yes, you are right about in that its only 50$. That's still a lot though considering I pay 44 bucks and get unlimited texting.

Oh, and 5 cents is actually 0.05 dollars. Nonetheless, It still works out to $50 dollars so you are right about the $50 dollars.

Back