Caution when using HOVRS

Yea, that was the original reason why I didn't want to apply for free VP in the first place. My friend begged me to apply for free one, I told him no, because of this requirement, he said it is no longer in force and there is no obligation and there is nothing to lose. So I checked out, sure enough he was right and I applied right away for his sake and found out that it is HELL worth it!

mld4ds said:

diehardbiker65 said:
Yea, that was the original reason why I didn't want to apply for free VP in the first place. My friend begged me to apply for free one, I told him no, because of this requirement, he said it is no longer in force and there is no obligation and there is nothing to lose. So I checked out, sure enough he was right and I applied right away for his sake and found out that it is HELL worth it!

I am not sure if you may have read my Poll thread regarding to Sorenson agreement...

diehardbiker65 said:
Yes, don't you remember that in early days when one apply for free VP, the requirement was to use them minimum of 30 minutes each month, and other requirements. FCC slapped Sorenson's face for this requirement and threatened to pull back what FCC pays to Sorenson! So, Sorenson quietly shut the fuck up and pulled off that requirement to save their ass.
Yeah... I remembered that. Did FCC send Sorenson a warning? How did you know? A open letter from FCC ? If so, I would love to see that.

mld4ds said:
If you can not afford it, VRS provide you ones at no charge. Why complaining?

If you do not like the policy, purchase VP for $199 or up...

Me? Did you read what I said? I wasn't the one complaining! :confused:

Where are the restriction right now? I am sure you can't find any restriction there! Anyway, that warning came in about 18 months ago. Can't recall but it is there.

lovesorenson said:
Yeah... I remembered that. Did FCC send Sorenson a warning? How did you know? A open letter from FCC ? If so, I would love to see that.

dkf747 said:
Me? Did you read what I said? I wasn't the one complaining! :confused:

That's a good solution, but what exactly is silly about the policy? Not that I agree with the policy, but it doesn't appear to be silly to me.

Maybe you asked us too much questions...

Maybe you need to buy a new computer or fill out an application for a free VP (not really free..hee..hee).

mld4ds said:
Maybe you asked us too much questions...

Maybe you need to buy a new computer or fill out an application for a free VP (not really free..hee..hee).

You're not making sense. :confused:

Tostitos said:
It should be clear on the application that they are expecting customers without VRS equipment. Or a question, "do you own any VRS equipment?", should be put down on application.

When I saw that HOVRS guy's name on my Sorenson VP-100, I was like :ugh:

Using my given phone number for different reason is a big no no. :nono:

Makes me think twice about using their service, who knows what they're doing without our knowledge.

Haha! If they had focused and spent their money on the R&D for their equipment rather than focusing on finding out who has what and paying those people, they'd be much further ahead.

I havent been able to use HOVRS for a while because whenever I call them their screen shows up and then it hangs up on its own. Happens in many different times of the day at home, office, and library.

That's the Go America syndrome.

Richard

I think the hovrs checks deafvp.com for name matching and if matched they denies them pure and simple
the trick is change name on deafvp temporarily until u get it approved and received the equipment (be sure to hide the sorensonvp when they come to install one yes that includes the router)

Uh, no, HOVRS does not check deafvp.com for any listing. Where the heck did you get that idea?

HOVRS didnt need to check the deafvp website for that kind of information. They can have someone get it straight from Sorenson through one of their employees. I know that for a fact through experience.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
HOVRS didnt need to check the deafvp website for that kind of information. They can have someone get it straight from Sorenson through one of their employees. I know that for a fact through experience.

Richard

I dont believe you.

Nesmuth said:
I havent been able to use HOVRS for a while because whenever I call them their screen shows up and then it hangs up on its own. Happens in many different times of the day at <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=home%20office" onmouseover="window.status='home, office'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">home, office</a>, and library.

That's the Go America syndrome.

Richard

i thought only one mine :werd:

I don't have problem with HOVRS. I am 100% satisfactory with iSight on iChat for Mac OS X.

NightwarriorJin said:
I dont believe you.

You better believe it because Sorenson's full of 'qualified terps' with a lot of loose lips and fingers. They aint RID material therefore they dont have to act like RID material either! :)

Richard

vwbug19 said:
I think the hovrs checks deafvp.com for name matching and if matched they denies them pure and simple
the trick is change name on deafvp temporarily until u get it approved and received the equipment (be sure to hide the sorensonvp when they come to install one yes that includes the router)

I was up front with hovrs and told them I had a VP100 already, but that I wanted to switch. No problem, they came and installed aN I2EYE VP. Wht would they need to check?

Nesmuth said:
You better believe it because Sorenson's full of 'qualified terps' with a lot of loose lips and fingers. They aint RID material therefore they dont have to act like RID material either! :)

Richard

That doesn't have a fucking thing to do with HOVRS checking on if you have a VP-100 or not before they install. It's impossible for interpreters to serve as the verification on whether or not someone has a VP in their home.

If you want to open a new thread on this whole different topic of "qualified interpreters", I can definitely contribute. Otherwise, stick to the topic.

Back