Caution when using HOVRS

Easy! FCC pays for them!!! That is where these VRS is getting money from to give away VP! :) That is why they don't mind giving you free VP, FCC pays for equipment, and operation cost, what VRS operators got to lose?

webexplorer said:
I am just wondering how does HOVRS makes money if they give away the free video stuff? Is it part of a phone or cable bill?

I read HORVS's policy about a free webcamera. It does NOT allow you to keep your free webcamera, and all of these devices - that you have - belong to the company.

My hearing mother called the HORVS company some questions. The hearing agent told her that he/she will call her back. The agent did not call her back. My mother said that it is a very strange for the company to call her back. It does not make a sense at all. I would think that the company is a third party - perhaps, a tele-market.

I would say that Tostitos is right about the company's situation.

I almost sign the form on the internet to get a free webcamera because I do not trust this company.

diehardbiker65 said:
Easy! FCC pays for them!!! That is where these VRS is getting money from to give away VP! :) That is why they don't mind giving you free VP, FCC pays for equipment, and operation cost, what VRS operators got to lose?

I believe FCC does not pay a penny for VP or router at all. Just pay the minutes VRS use when communicating with the VP users and hearing people. All VRS have to pay out of pocket that they can write off tax on them. I am not 100 percent certain on that but I believe I heard right.

lovesorenson said:
I believe FCC does not pay a penny for VP or router at all. Just pay the minutes VRS use when communicating with the VP users and hearing people. All VRS have to pay out of pocket that they can write off tax on them. I am not 100 percent certain on that but I believe I heard right.

I agree with Diehardbiker's post. It is a very simply donation to deaf clients so that they would earn more profits rather than selling that they may not afford.

See my point: Donations = Profits

webexplorer said:
I read HORVS's policy about a free webcamera. It does NOT allow you to keep your free webcamera, and all of these devices - that you have - belong to the company.

I got my i2eye from them. Never had a problem. They won't take it back because they want you to use it. I don't see the problem.

dkf747 said:
I got my i2eye from them. Never had a problem. They won't take it back because they want you to use it. I don't see the problem.

Not always...any VRS would investiage the VP, Webcam, router/switch or other device for selling via the Internet. They may force you to pay back for selling the products without their permissions (you may have signed the contract).

I already asked the deaf installer about using VP or router after five years. He said that it was a good question and I may keep it. It is wise to send the old products back or talk to the VRS customer service....

mld4ds said:
Not always...any VRS would investiage the VP, Webcam, router/switch or other device for selling via the Internet. They may force you to pay back for selling the products without their permissions (you may have signed the contract).

I already asked the deaf installer about using VP or router after five years. He said that it was a good question and I may keep it. It is wise to send the old products back or talk to the VRS customer service....

Obviously if I was trying to sell it I could see them wanting it back. Is that what the poster was wanting to do? I assumed they wanted one to use for relay, was I wrong about that?

Here is a copy of HOVRS's statement for all customers who received the package: :deal:

Disclaimer: All equipment remains the property of Hands on Services. Hands On reserves the right to request that the equipment be returned. Hands On reserves the right to turn down any VRS Application for any reason. Hands On reserves the right to verify all information provided on this application.

deafclimber said:
simple solution.... BUY a webcam so u wont be worried about the silly policy.

That's a good solution, but what exactly is silly about the policy? Not that I agree with the policy, but it doesn't appear to be silly to me.

dkf747 said:
That's a good solution, but what exactly is silly about the policy? Not that I agree with the policy, but it doesn't appear to be silly to me.

If you can not afford it, VRS provide you ones at no charge. Why complaining?

If you do not like the policy, purchase VP for $199 or up...

mld4ds said:
If you can not afford it, VRS provide you ones at no charge. Why complaining?

If you do not like the policy, purchase VP for $199 or up...

You can purchase under $199 in Ebay.

lovesorenson said:
You can purchase under $199 in Ebay.

I do not trust anyone selling me VP at garage sales or via Ebay since any VRS can easily check the serial number via your converation.

I prefer to purchase straight from the legal business.

If you want to purchase cheap price from your friend but the seller is gonna to regret and have to pay back to VRS. What is worse....seller forgot to erase their private phone number/IP addresses from the VP.

Lovesorenson, are you going to sell your VP without formating the memory? Please PM me directly....

Let me tell ya this, WHY did FCC warn Sorenson NOT to place any restriction on VP equipment? Sorenson ONCE had policy of free Videophone in place. FCC already warned Sorenson failure to remove this policy they will demand all money to return back to FCC. So Sorenson quietly gave up that policy. IF Sorenson had paid full for the equipment themselves, then FCC can NOT demand anything back. So, that is why you don't see policy anymore like in early days of VRS.

lovesorenson said:

diehardbiker65 said:
Let me tell ya this, WHY did FCC warn Sorenson NOT to place any restriction on VP equipment? Sorenson ONCE had policy of free Videophone in place. FCC already warned Sorenson failure to remove this policy they will demand all money to return back to FCC. So Sorenson quietly gave up that policy. IF Sorenson had paid full for the equipment themselves, then FCC can NOT demand anything back. So, that is why you don't see policy anymore like in early days of VRS.

Oh... Did FCC warn Sorenson already? What were the restrictions ? What is the exactly policy you are talking about ? Maybe it is something that I do not know.

mld4ds said:
I do not trust anyone selling me VP at garage sales or via Ebay since any VRS can easily check the serial number via your converation.

I prefer to purchase straight from the legal business.

If you want to purchase cheap price from your friend but the seller is gonna to regret and have to pay back to VRS. What is worse....seller forgot to erase their private phone number/IP addresses from the VP.

Lovesorenson, are you going to sell your VP without formating the memory? Please PM me directly....

Not VP-100... it is DVC-1000... Most of VPs sold thru Ebay are brand new and all VPs are DVC-1000. We know VP-100 can not be sold all the time. I have two VPs, Sorenson and Dlink and will never sell. Why should I?

lovesorenson said:
Not VP-100... it is DVC-1000... Most of VPs sold thru Ebay are brand new and all VPs are DVC-1000. We know VP-100 can not be sold all the time. I have two VPs, Sorenson and Dlink and will never sell. Why should I?

I was hoping that you probably put the sale on ebay...

Yes, don't you remember that in early days when one apply for free VP, the requirement was to use them minimum of 30 minutes each month, and other requirements. FCC slapped Sorenson's face for this requirement and threatened to pull back what FCC pays to Sorenson! So, Sorenson quietly shut the fuck up and pulled off that requirement to save their ass.

lovesorenson said:
Oh... Did FCC warn Sorenson already? What were the restrictions ? What is the exactly policy you are talking about ? Maybe it is something that I do not know.

diehardbiker65 said:
Yes, don't you remember that in early days when one apply for free VP, the requirement was to use them minimum of 30 minutes each month, and other requirements. FCC slapped Sorenson's face for this requirement and threatened to pull back what FCC pays to Sorenson! So, Sorenson quietly shut the fuck up and pulled off that requirement to save their ass.

Wow...

Back