Catfish eaten the cat! :( :(

It's possible, big animal eat small animal. :)

Caught a very Huge Catfish in St. Augustine...took me a very long time to reel him in. We didn't eat him!...NO way, just took pixs, etc.

Catfish are very nasty....we ate the smaller ones when I lived in the Country, lots of bones....

Never heard of a catfish eating cats....But know they eat just about anything. Even Oscars, they are nasty too. A friend used to feed his huge Oscar cockroaches! So disgusting!

Thats a harsh image painted in my head that is so sad; seeing the catfish snatch out the cat.

You can't keep the dogs from enjoying water if they love water, it is like taking their enjoyment and freedom away, that is just my opinion

That's like saying you can't stop kids from eating a steady diet of candy and soda because it takes away their enjoyment and freedom.

I am the adult here so I will make a decision to entertain my dogs in a safe way where they won't be eaten!

That's like saying you can't stop kids from eating a steady diet of candy and soda because it takes away their enjoyment and freedom.

I am the adult here so I will make a decision to entertain my dogs in a safe way where they won't be eaten!

:rofl:

You can't keep the dogs from enjoying water if they love water, it is like taking their enjoyment and freedom away, that is just my opinion

Basset hounds typically hate water (they don't like the water in their ears), so I think I'm fine. :lol:

I did not know catfish ate animals!
How horrible! The poor cat!
My niece had a pet rat and bird . One day she let the bird out of it cage and it landed on the rat cage! The rat jumped up and ate the bird! My poor niece was freaked out and crying!

Yep...rats will kill birds or mice if they're hungry. Rats can jump pretty high if they dare.

It looks like a shark to me, actually. Since I can see that it have 4 or 6 gills.

You're right. It's a whale shark according to urbanlegends.About.com.

Comments: It's a big fish, yes; but it is not a catfish, much less a man-eater. Judging by the pictures, it is a whale shark, specimens of which have measured up to 41 feet long (or more, according to undocumented reports). It is the largest existing species of fish. It lives in salt water. It eats nothing larger than plankton.

Though listed as "vulnerable to extinction" by conservation groups, whale sharks are subject to commercial fishing in parts of Asia, where their meat is sold for food and their fins for use in traditional medicine.

It's unknown precisely where and when these photos were taken, but the claim that the behemoth was caught in the Furong Reservoir in the Huadu district of China is clearly false, given that whale sharks are not freshwater fish. Nor, according to the government, have any "mysterious" drownings occurred in the reservoir over the past year. It would appear that the text accompanying these photos was entirely fabricated.

Interestingly enough, we have seen misidentified whale sharks wind up the subject of urban legends before.

:eek3: damn that's worse thing I ever seen in my entire life catfish eating a cat that's impossible if I saw that in front of my eyes I wud be real pissed for sure ugh...

I'm not really surprised...I fish a lot. I've seen 1.5 foot long channel catfish swimming around in 3 inch water and they basically will eat anything.

I've also seen a 6-8 foot long bull shark jump out of shore and catch the sea bird 10 feet from water and slide back into water. There's a video somewhere on the internet and it happens often. Dolphins do it even more than bull shark.

Don't be surprised if there's other type catfish in there. Maybe one HUGE catfish that rarely ever show itself or just simply too smart for fishermen. I know a lot small lakes, they tend to have one or two big catfishs and many bullheads.

In my opinion, yellow bullhead isn't strong enough to pull a full grown cat in water. I always catch them and I rarely ever feel them pulling my fishing line. They never get any bigger than foot. 5 years old cat should be at least 1.5-2 ft and 15-30 pounds.

Back