Casey Anthony found not guilty of her murder charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mention a judge but there would have to be a reason for someone to make a complaint.

Exactly. As I said, I think it's possible; even likely, that we've not heard the last of her, but it's not a given.

I didn't mention a judge but there would have to be a reason for someone to make a complaint.

Either way... the reason was given. :)

Anybody can call 180096ABUSE and report an allegation.

True - but I have found it to be fairer in other states than here.

How so? Are you just saying that the lawyers, judges and/or juries in Florida are more corrupt or poorer judges of character, that the laws themselves are more lenient (I thought this hinged on reasonable doubt?) or something else?

She'll write a book and become a professional victim.

I don't buy that assessment in the article linked above.

"Professional Victim"? I'm curious, though - what information as to her character do you have to make such an assessment?

:dance: I wanted to know who do they think murdered her child if it wasn't her? They said someone named Charlie or something? I don't think they have said what type of charges if any she will be facing. It has taken the jury 11 hours to make the verdict..crazy..

That's not the goal of the trial. The goal of an investigation is to find out who they think did it (if anyone), and to be able to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt, which this trial was unable to be done. 11 hours isn't too surprising for a trial as confusing/polarizing as this one. The Ryan Widmer trials up near me (of which there were a total of 3) had multi-day deliberations as well.

Keep in mind that murder charges have to be agreed upon unanimously - one person who doesn't buy it can stop the entire sentencing either way.

I just don't like how people like Nancy Disgrace, sorry, Nancy Grace exposed this case for their personal gains. Just like the time she badgered Melinda Duckett with accusations and questions until the point where she left and went home to commit suicide. She is not a journalist, far from it and she need to be taken off the air. She's worse than Dr. Phil.

Either way... the reason was given. :)

Anybody can call 180096ABUSE and report an allegation.

So it's okay for someone to report an "allegation" just because they're hopeful she'll get in trouble again?

Casey Anthony was GUILTY of 4 counts of false information.. NOT guilty of murder or manslaughter. Good luck, Casey. Hope that they will find the real killer of her daughter. Sentencing will be on Thursday at 9 AM.

If there is one.

I hold the mother accountable as she would not let Casey give her baby up for adoption! Casey did not want her baby and the dumb ass jury could not put see this! I would have found her guilty of first agree murder in a heartbeat!

Then you probably wouldn't have passed the jure dire selection, since you don't sound like an impartial juror, especially since you're willing to pass judgement on a person's life over severely incomplete information.

The jury let the real killer get away! Casey!

And you know this how?

There's a million questions left unanswered. That's the problem I'm having with this. But, if I dwell on it all, I'll just get PO'ed and I don't need the stress. I'm just going to accept that the jury found her not guilty and let fate take care of the rest. I personally believe Casey Anthony is sick (much in the way OJ Simpson is). If that's true, we'll not hear the last of Casey Anthony.

Innocent until proven guilty means that any unanswered questions with regards to her, weird behavior or anything similar are irrelevant, though.

I heard enough about the case to say that I would have said guilty!

Thus why you'd not be on the jury.

Right, they have relied on evidence, not emotions and character assassination that the media have fed.

Well, that's not necessarily true. Juries always end up relying at least somewhat on emotions and character assassinations, even if they're not supposed to.

So it's okay for someone to report an "allegation" just because they're hopeful she'll get in trouble again?

Where did I say it was OK for people to report it because they are "hopeful she will get in trouble again?"

I didnt follow the trial but I feel that justice wasnt served. The mother partying and not reporting her daughter missing for 31 days really bothers me.

Someone else mentioned that it could have been from several different mental disorders or issues, which hopefully she will be able to get help with.

I know they can not charge Casey with murder again but they can investigate and hopefully find some answers. Remember... they can eventually charge her with accessory after the fact. Just hope the state does not follow the media frenzy and buckle down and do a proper investigation.

They could only charge her with that if she actually was an accessory.

Today is a very sad day.

Why's that? The judicial system operated as it was designed.

How sad that poor little girl is left without peace or justice.

What would be "justice" to you? If Anthony didn't murder her but she was handed a guilty verdict and sentenced to either life in prison or the death penalty, then that doesn't seem like it'd be "justice".

Additionally, the child is dead. There's no "peace" to be had, she only exists as memories now.

I agree with this! I was abused and I was like a mother bear with my baby!

People respond to similar events very differently.

Which seems rather callous.

Exactly my point.

I have my own opinions on what I really feel about this whole case, but I'm choosing to keep that to myself because I was not in that courtroom to listen to the evidence, I was not with the baby when she died, I do not know what exactly happened. The mom could be very guilty, but then again, she very well might not be guilty. I'm just a little jaw-slacked at the hugely judgmental opinions in this thread.

If Casey didn't kill Caylee, who did?

Exactly my point.

I have my own opinions on what I really feel about this whole case, but I'm choosing to keep that to myself because I was not in that courtroom to listen to the evidence, I was not with the baby when she died, I do not know what exactly happened. The mom could be very guilty, but then again, she very well might not be guilty. I'm just a little jaw-slacked at the hugely judgmental opinions in this thread.

I didn't really follow the case, all I know is that she was being charged with first-degree murder and a few other charges. However, I don't often follow cases because there are so many of them and they don't affect me on a personal level. However, I do have a problem with how they made the case so public. Now everyone has an opinion of her. Even if she is actually guilty, she was found not guilty. So we will have to leave it at that and move on.

I just do not appreciate the media frenzy because of how it influences the people to form an opinion and forever tarnish one's reputation for life, no matter if it's the truth or not. The damage is done.

hmmm wheres the DNA proof all of this on the duck tape and the fingerprints in the trunk of the car.. my guts feelings the fornerics didnt do their jobs right and i have been watching CSI on tv all the time.. good thing the defense got that right i have been watching half of it.

Haha, sorry, but real life isn't like it is on TV, and CSI is one of the worst offenders when it comes to unrealistic portrayal of their profession.

So, who killed Caylee?

Who was the last person to see Caylee alive?

At least OJ said he wanted to track down the killer. Has Casey been crying out for someone to find Caylee's killer? Or has she been crying for herself only?

As soon as Casey is out of jail, will she be trying to track down Caylee's killer?

OJ searched for Nicole's killer on the golf links. Maybe Casey can search for Caylee's killer in the night clubs. :roll:

Was it firmly established that she was killed at all?

I bet as soon as Casey get out of that courtroom, she will just get the fuck in the plane and leave this USA forever.

Wow, that's a horridly misogynistic attitude you've got there.

Too many people think that TV crime forensics shows are the way real life crimes are solved, prosecuted, and convicted. Such is not the case.

Forensics are great investigation tools. They are NOT the end game for court convictions.

Thank you, a thousand times, for saying this.

I just don't like how people like Nancy Disgrace, sorry, Nancy Grace exposed this case for their personal gains. Just like the time she badgered Melinda Duckett with accusations and questions until the point where she left and went home to commit suicide. She is not a journalist, far from it and she need to be taken off the air. She's worse than Dr. Phil.

I think she is a great prosecutor, but her bias is a disgrace. She seems to convict people before they've even been a court. I agree with all you've said.

I didn't really follow the case, all I know is that she was being charged with first-degree murder and a few other charges. However, I don't often follow cases because there are so many of them and they don't affect me on a personal level. However, I do have a problem with how they made the case so public. Now everyone has an opinion of her. Even if she is actually guilty, she was found not guilty. So we will have to leave it at that and move on.

I just do not appreciate the media frenzy because of how it influences the people to form an opinion and forever tarnish one's reputation for life, no matter if it's the truth or not. The damage is done.

The bolded - yes! It was a circus. No wonder the jurors didn't want to speak afterwards. I bet they thought they were going to be tarred-and-feathered.

...Was it firmly established that she was killed at all?
Her skeletal remains were found with duct tape over her nose and mouth, wrapped in a blanket, stuffed into plastic bags, in a swamp. She certainly didn't do that to herself.

I don't know if she is guilty or not but I cannot imagine her having a life approaching normalcy now.....

Her skeletal remains were found with duct tape over her nose and mouth, wrapped in a blanket, stuffed into plastic bags, in a swamp. She certainly didn't do that to herself.

Ofc not, Reba. However, the jury felt it didn't have enough evidence to convict Casey. I think it's time people start accepting that and moving on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back