cargo trailer search

Oh your right! Nothing changed, I rented about a month ago, their hitch remain the same. I like their hitch design, there is a way to lock them but have to detach them from vehicle in order to use this lock device.

Or can use safety chain, and using padlock, that is a way you could use.

gorilaLock.jpg

If hes trying to get out the cheaper way the safety chain somehow with a padlock would work but depending on what type of hitch it is they may need to get a hitch pin with a lock on it too. Sitting here thinking about it, the truck I have now just has a ball on the bumper and the safety chains hook to steel tabs with holes that are part of the bumper. If what their towing with is similar they could take a lock with a long enough shackle and run it through a chain link and the safety chain slot.

Main reason why one way rental cost more than local is very simple, and it is part of business expense where Uhaul have to haul these trailer back to origin or somewhere that needs trailer. Who is going to pay for it? That is those who rent one way rental, they will pay somebody to haul that trailer back. But if you do local, then that place have trailer ready for next customer.

Not sure, okay do you sometimes happen to see truck hauling 3-5 trailers with Uhaul logo on each of these trailers? That is a returning trip, Uhaul is losing money on that one so in order to recover that, charge one way customers more.

We rented the enclosed trailer after my mom died in CT. We needed the trailer for one way only, to bring back her furniture to our house in SC. However, it was cheaper for us to rent it empty in SC, drive up to CT, load it up, and then drive back to SC. That's because of the return charge for North-to-South one-way trips. It was weird that round-trip fee was cheaper than one-way fee.

Back