cargo trailer search

I think 3-4K lbs, Uhaul trailer is very well built with heavy gauge steel, way better than Harbor freight trailer. And you don't have to worry about rain.

Too bad I don't have a truck to pull that trailer for sure. The Subaru Outback wouldn't be able to do it. A smaller one would be better but won't hold as much.

I see what you mean, really it is up to you.

Now you see why I prefer trucks over cars. Too bad, years ago cars can haul heavy trailer. Not anymore due to built in frame design cars.

Too bad I don't have a truck to pull that trailer for sure. The Subaru Outback wouldn't be able to do it. A smaller one would be better but won't hold as much.

I see what you mean, really it is up to you.

Now you see why I prefer trucks over cars. Too bad, years ago cars can haul heavy trailer. Not anymore due to built in frame design cars.

It says that on uhaul site that the Subaru can do it but will be limited to 2,330 lbs payload with 3,500 lb hitch rating.

Thats close to 700 extra pounds than what Harbor freight trailer can offer you after installing wood planks. Wood planks are not lightweight and no protection from rain.

It says that on uhaul site that the Subaru can do it but will be limited to 2,330 lbs payload with 3,500 lb hitch rating.

Thats close to 700 extra pounds than what Harbor freight trailer can offer you after installing wood planks. Wood planks are not lightweight and no protection from rain.

also the Subaru Outback can tow up to around 2,700 lbs, so that's good to go for sure. I double checked the price and it's $800 for the trailer, not $700 that I previously quoted. I think it depends on the season and the date you're moving also includes 6 days of rental.

These trailers from u hauls are probably $5,000 to $6,000 brand new.

Uhaul don't change rate based on seasonal. I have checked many times. They are just damn greedy. They know they are technically monopoly and won't decrease rate for any reason.

also the Subaru Outback can tow up to around 2,700 lbs, so that's good to go for sure. I double checked the price and it's $800 for the trailer, not $700 that I previously quoted. I think it depends on the season and the date you're moving also includes 6 days of rental.

These trailers from u hauls are probably $5,000 to $6,000 brand new.

Uhaul don't change rate based on seasonal. I have checked many times. They are just damn greedy. They know they are technically monopoly and won't decrease rate for any reason.

Yeah, Hertz equipment rental charges $405 for 1 week for 6x12 cargo trailer, that's half the price.

I know, but you must rent their truck anyway (I know it is stupid policy). I bet you that Penske (Hertz) would be cheaper than Uhaul, thats because not many know about Penske and not many Penske out there.

Yeah, Hertz equipment rental charges $405 for 1 week for 6x12 cargo trailer, that's half the price.

I know, but you must rent their truck anyway (I know it is stupid policy). I bet you that Penske (Hertz) would be cheaper than Uhaul, thats because not many know about Penske and not many Penske out there.

No, you don't have to rent their truck to get a trailer. It's hertz equipment rental not penske truck rental. https://www.hertzequip.com

two seperate sites.

Are you stopping overnight when you move? If so, then you should get an enclosed trailer that you can lock. Even that's not a guarantee of security but better than leaving everything exposed. A covered trailer is also better for rain storms. A tarp can only do so much.

We've traveled with a rental enclosed trailer of furniture. We also own a utility trailer that TCS made.

We rented the enclosed trailer after my mom died in CT. We needed the trailer for one way only, to bring back her furniture to our house in SC. However, it was cheaper for us to rent it empty in SC, drive up to CT, load it up, and then drive back to SC. That's because of the return charge for North-to-South one-way trips. It was weird that round-trip fee was cheaper than one-way fee.

What about Budget rentals?

Are you stopping overnight when you move? If so, then you should get an enclosed trailer that you can lock. Even that's not a guarantee of security but better than leaving everything exposed. A covered trailer is also better for rain storms. A tarp can only do so much.

We've traveled with a rental enclosed trailer of furniture. We also own a utility trailer that TCS made.

We rented the enclosed trailer after my mom died in CT. We needed the trailer for one way only, to bring back her furniture to our house in SC. However, it was cheaper for us to rent it empty in SC, drive up to CT, load it up, and then drive back to SC. That's because of the return charge for North-to-South one-way trips. It was weird that round-trip fee was cheaper than one-way fee.

Yes we're renting a enclosed cargo trailer.

No wonder, they aren't available in my area, only in Buffalo (60 miles away). I wish they offer here in my town. If that is the case, I'm gonna rent from Hertz than Uhaul. They got perfect trailer that I have been searching for. It was a dump trailer with two axles. I need bunch of gavels, and it would be cheaper if rents like that available here in Rochester. Damn it!

Uhaul don't have dumper trailer. My truck CAN haul 13,375 LBS of trailer.

No, you don't have to rent their truck to get a trailer. It's hertz equipment rental not penske truck rental. https://www.hertzequip.com

two seperate sites.

This is the reason why I recommend Uhaul anyway instead of trying to buy one.

I've rented enclosed uhaul trailers a few times unless its changed since then you could put a lock on the door to secure it but it didn't have a place to put a hitch lock on it.

Oh your right! Nothing changed, I rented about a month ago, their hitch remain the same. I like their hitch design, there is a way to lock them but have to detach them from vehicle in order to use this lock device.

Or can use safety chain, and using padlock, that is a way you could use.

gorilaLock.jpg

I've rented enclosed uhaul trailers a few times unless its changed since then you could put a lock on the door to secure it but it didn't have a place to put a hitch lock on it.

Back