Car in winter?

Cheri,

I am still gonna ask Tom if we can. We were definitely going to, until we had the accident today. Yes, we are both fine! My car is the only one that suffered any hurts lol.

*smh* but I am still gonna ask him if it possible for us to go anyways. Your car really needs looked at and fixed.

Cheri,

I am still gonna ask Tom if we can. We were definitely going to, until we had the accident today. Yes, we are both fine! My car is the only one that suffered any hurts lol.

*smh* but I am still gonna ask him if it possible for us to go anyways. Your car really needs looked at and fixed.

I agree and that would be nice of you to do that for her for her safety.

Glad that you are okay after the accident.

Cheri, usually the gas line is a real cheap fix..the rubber hose dont cost much. I had a ad leak in my old van and all i did was go in the store and pay $5.00 for a half ft hose and a coupler in between the hoses and a few clamps. UNLESS the damn leak is coming from the sending unit(fuel pump) (van and old truck grrr) but anyways...i ripped my gas line but no bad smells and it will be fixed during the week.

bear's hubby will say ohh pfft easy fix..he knows what i would be talking about. (ive had the honor of meeting those 2 a few years ago). so expect up to $25 dollars fix depending on how long the rubber hose u will need.

*side note* fuel pump is on top of your gas tank...if replacement is needed, the gas tank needs to come off in order to replace the pump so i will pray for you that it will not be the case.

Last edited:
Cheri, usually the gas line is a real cheap fix..the rubber hose dont cost much. I had a ad leak in my old van and all i did was go in the store and pay $5.00 for a half ft hose and a coupler in between the hoses and a few clamps. UNLESS the damn leak is coming from the sending unit(fuel pump) (van and old truck grrr) but anyways...i ripped my gas line but no bad smells and it will be fixed during the week.

bear's hubby will say ohh pfft easy fix..he knows what i would be talking about. (ive had the honor of meeting those 2 a few years ago). so expect up to $25 dollars fix depending on how long the rubber hose u will need.

*side note* fuel pump is on top of your gas tank...if replacement is needed, the gas tank needs to come off in order to replace the pump so i will pray for you that it will not be the case.

Ok :ty: Bowak!!, I hope once Tom take a look at it, hope it won't cost too much and that it'll be easy to fix. ;) $25.00 isn't so bad, I like that price better. :giggle:

Here's a list of causes of fuel leak that would help knowledge and to check.

The Car Uses More Fuel Than Normal; Strong Gas Odor Coming From The Car:
You notice a tank of gas doesn't last as long as it used to. You also smell raw gasoline, especially when you stop the engine. You don't find obvious signs of a gas leak such as puddles under the car. You may have also noticed that the car doesn't have the same amount of power it once did. This type of problem seems to get worse once it develops and can lead to other serious problems such as not starting.

Possible causes:
The fuel lines may have a leak: Replace leaking fuel lines and/or fuel line fittings.

The engine may have mechanical problems: Check vacuum lines and fittings for leaks. Check engine compression. Check for broken fittings and mounts.

The fuel pressure regulator may be operating at too high a pressure: Perform fuel pressure test and repair or replace faulty component(s).

The ignition timing may be set wrong: Check and adjust ignition timing.

The fuel injectors may leak: Clean or replace fuel injectors.

The gas cap may be faulty: Replace gas cap

Source: Feel, Hear, See, Smell: Smell

The fuel leak comes in some few places:

Check the fuel line from the tank to the fuel filter, if the line and filter is loose, that'd cause a fast leak with the high pressure coming from the in-tank pump causing a rapid loss of fuel. Tighten the filter and fuel line.

Sometime a fouled up injector causes a leak and that would not come cheap to fix.

I'm betting it is a fuel line somewhere, and should be easy fix (depending on the vehicles some are pita to fix) ofc with those knowledgeable and safety.

Cheri, hopefully Tom or someone who have knowledge mechanic of the car would glad to help inspect it and fix it for you than the high labor rate in the auto garage shop.

As with oil in a car, compare that somewhat to the 'blood' in our bodies. It's vital to have blood, in the same sense, it's imperative to have oil in the car maintained (having it at the proper level it needs to be at) and changed after so many miles (check your car's manual for mileage and times to change it--). As with oil, it gets dirty, worn out, etc., and will need clean oil--

Thanks to Chase for providing an outline/list of preparing a car for winter use. :thumb:

~RR

Oil NEVER wears out. It gets dirty from use.. and dirt causes wear.
Fresh oil is the cure...years ago oils had to be changed every 3000 miles.. now days they go 7500 to 10,000 miles between oil changes (read your owners manual.) oils have gotten better since old days of straight dino oil...

:( It's not possible for me, since I am having a leak in many different places from the gas line under my car, and I've ran out of gas twice this week and got stuck. I can imagine how suck it is to have a gas that is leaking, which makes it impossible for me to have a full tank of gas, I cannot get it repair at this time where money isn't available.

But, before winter, I had oil/filter changed, new front tires, new brakes on all four, and flush of anti-freeze and fill. That's all I could afford as for right now. ;)

has it been fixed?

*Mumbling humbag* hate winter...

Actually of course have to take care of my baby mini van and make sure ensure everything alright... changing oil and tune up blah blah blah every details etc every year start with Nov.. Actually I didn't go for changing oil and tune up passed the Nov.. (ouch) It time for us take our baby mini van in the garage and have tune up and changing oil.. Only charge me about 40 to 45 bux depend the local of greasy garage!

Fixing the leak gas pipe.. Charge us cheap fixing bare own our hands..

2000'ish Summer time:
I've been experience in my past when I took station wagon Ford Taurus.. and went up the north at nearby Barrie location somehow *BANG REAL LOUD* I suspect and re-looked into the Gas metres went down down gonna be flat soon.. Oh Shit.. I have to rushed pull over the somewhere location park it out... while I'm driving on 400 HWY... (Imagation that dangerous hwy).. oh gee.. I rushed and faster as I can arrive to Gas Station.. finally It went Dead!

I called my friend.. beg help call to my best friend who live in Keswick.. so Finally She came over and pick me up... She telling me about 2nd of neighbor who they are redneck and can fix the car everything.. Sound Great.. Why not? During Canada Day was closed rest of all the stores... Sadly pretty nervous wreck hell! Redneck neighbor came and help fix my car... which it's great news.. He has ton ton of greasy parts for car.. *Thank God* I'm glad have Redneck guy! LOL

Couple days later, I returned home... My hubby suspect that sumth'n funny his insicts which I didn't tell him whole thing what happened.. He asked me.. Tell me truth.. I was so nervous and beg him please don't blow my face.. I explained him.. Remmy you and your friend was stupid stupid fix wrong parts install gas pipe line... So I was on 400hwy.. *gas came out and heavy poured* I rushed and park it nearby Gas Station in Barrie location.. His wide eye opened.. and asked me.. ARE YOU ALRIGHT? Yeah what hell are you thinking? I'm here NOW.. I'm totally literally fine!
*sigh*
Wha... a.. experience for me goes through hell...?
I have not gone experience likely eg: Changing Tires or else... Make me nervous and doesn't want to fix the car.. I'd rather with someone who can help me fix.. beside my hubby can help w/me some of sort little tiny thing easy do work..

Back