Captions on DVDs

starrygaze said:
I thought you were deaf? You said you are hearing. ugh?

he have said all along that he is hearing.. i guess u havent read his comments in HA/ci threads..

i hate when it happens

when dvd does not have cc in the dvd when the case have CC on it UGH

Doesn't whether captions is displayed even when the box says CC depend on the DVD player, well, sometimes? When I used a DVD player that is connected to a TV, DVDs with both just CC and subtitles will work but if I use a stand alone portable DVD player than DVDs with just CC and without subtitles won't display the captions but those that have subtitles will display the captions.

Juniperarrow said:
Doesn't whether captions is displayed even when the box says CC depend on the DVD player, well, sometimes? When I used a DVD player that is connected to a TV, DVDs with both just CC and subtitles will work but if I use a stand alone portable DVD player than DVDs with just CC and without subtitles won't display the captions but those that have subtitles will display the captions.

Devices with screens smaller than 13 inches are not required to have closed caption decoders, but I have seen some portable DVD players that do.

Yeah it happened to me several times, sometimes I think it's because the DVD that I rented may be damaged and the closed capition just wouldn't show up...OR they forgot to put closed capition in those DVDs that did say CC on it....but when I buy a DVD I make sure it has English Substituted instead of CC on it...

Yeah, the other day I was at Wallyworld and I wanted a DVD movie that I saw "Category 6: Day of Destruction" but it said it has CC but did not say if it had subtitles so I could not buy it. I did not want to waste my money if I take it home and CC did not work or there are no CC. I hate that, because I really wanted to see that movie!

LuciaDisturbed said:
I did not want to waste my money if I take it home and CC did not work or there are no CC. I hate that, because I really wanted to see that movie!
Well, I don't know what kind of computer you have, but if you have a Windows XP setup with PowerDVD, you could watch the DVD with captioning. I'm guessing you would rather watch it on a regular TV set with a regular DVD player, though. (I would!)

LuciaDisturbed said:
Yeah, the other day I was at Wallyworld and I wanted a DVD movie that I saw "Category 6: Day of Destruction" but it said it has CC but did not say if it had subtitles so I could not buy it. I did not want to waste my money if I take it home and CC did not work or there are no CC. I hate that, because I really wanted to see that movie!

Same here, I don't want to buy a DVD knowing that the CC wouldn't show up

Eyeth said:
Well, I don't know what kind of computer you have, but if you have a Windows XP setup with PowerDVD, you could watch the DVD with captioning. I'm guessing you would rather watch it on a regular TV set with a regular DVD player, though. (I would!)

Yes, I do have PowerDVD and a dvd player in my pc but I'd rather watch my movies on a bigger TV set...captions are just too small on my PC and my PC is too far from where I like to lay down on my bed. I know there is a way to watch movies on my TV set from my PC, but I need a video card that has A/V plugs (or whatever you call them) to do that. And I'm sure you know that a video card costs $$$.

I bought lots of DVD movies and I have no problem readin' its CC.

LuciaDisturbed

Please keep the foul language to yourself. This is a public forum and please try to set a good example to others by being a little more diplomatic.

peternagy said:
LuciaDisturbed

Please keep the foul language to yourself. This is a public forum and please try to set a good example to others by being a little more diplomatic.
:roll:

peternagy said:
LuciaDisturbed

next time, just press the red triangle with ! inside it to report to mod or admin about foul language so the mod can clean it up. instead of chastising her in public...

oh by the way, if you are referring to her signature.. you can't make her! it is just signature and did you know that you can turn off viewing of signature in your UserCP! go there and disable signature viewing! :roll:

http://www.alldeaf.com/profile.php?do=editoptions under "visible post elements"

LOL yeah it's really simple.

Peter, if you don't like what I say, either don't read my posts or just report me to the MODs.

::gasps::

omg you're gonna report my ass to the mods!!!

Like I care.

:rofl:

I noticed that you only have 13 posts (as of right now) whereas I have 1,619 (as of right now).

So...stfu and bug off.

:roll:

Out of all the forums I have seen, this is by far the most offensive forum. I am very disappointed that this is not properly monitored. Everybody reads this forum including CHILDREN. This is supposed to be G-rated and family oriented. Please set good examples on everyone. I know this is a free country but a line has to be drawn. Shame on you.

I am not offended when I see foul languages in more appropriated places like PG-13 or R rated movies. But when it comes to places where every body has access including children, please keep the foul language to yourselves.

I was going to show this forum to others including my mother and children but I won't, thanks to highly offensive languages.

Good bye.

peternagy said:
Out of all the forums I have seen, this is by far the most offensive forum. I am very disappointed that this is not properly monitored. Everybody reads this forum including CHILDREN. This is supposed to be G-rated and family oriented. Please set good examples on everyone. I know this is a free country but a line has to be drawn. Shame on you.

I am not offended when I see foul languages in more appropriated places like PG-13 or R rated movies. But when it comes to places where every body has access including children, please keep the foul language to yourselves.

I was going to show this forum to others including my mother and children but I won't, thanks to highly offensive languages.

Good bye.

So don't frequent this forum. Simple. :roll: :sure:

peternagy said:

Good bye.
We don't expect anyone under 13 to read this forum! So I believe this site is not G rated forum.

Ever heard of COPPA ? Children Online Privacy Protection Act law that don't allow anyone under 13 to view forums without parent's permission.

Back