Capital punishment on children and teenagers

Yet they try them as adults. A bit of a double standard, yes?
No. It is justice tempered by mercy. Justice in the verdict, mercy in the penalty. Many factors are taken into consideration during the penalty phase, and age is one of them.

No. It is justice tempered by mercy. Justice in the verdict, mercy in the penalty. Many factors are taken into consideration during the penalty phase, and age is one of them.

Then penalize 16 year olds for stealing and buttscrewing.

Then penalize 16 year olds for stealing and buttscrewing.
Are you addressing me? If so, that is a totally inappropriate remark.

If you are making a general statement, then you must realize that in America we don't penalize anyone until after they have been found guilty in a court of law.

Are you addressing me? If so, that is a totally inappropriate remark.

If you are making a general statement, then you must realize that in America we don't penalize anyone until after they have been found guilty in a court of law.

Don't go off the subject. The subject here is age. You say age is part of the factor (especially for a minor), thus promoting the double standard of the United States' "legal laws" when they try actual minors (according to U.S. Law of age 18 or younger) as full adults and penalize them with terms equivalent to an adult. Yet you are complaining that other countries penalize "minors" in which they are adults by then (according to Islamic Law, when one hits puberty) and the same effect happens (except it is under Islamic Law - a bit firmer than the United States' flip-flop laws).

Note: I am only talking about general punishment. As for capital punishment, you can't compare USA to any other countries that are grounded in different beliefs.

Don't go off the subject.
I could say the same to you; and don't give me any orders.

The subject here is age. You say age is part of the factor (especially for a minor) thus promoting the double standard of the United States' "legal laws" when they try actual minors (according to U.S. Law of age 18 or younger) as full adults and penalize them with terms equivalent to an adult.
Of course it is a factor. There are many mitigating factors considered during the penalty phase, within legal parameters. It has nothing to do with "double standards"; everyone has the same opportunities to present their cases.

Yet you are complaining that other countries penalize "minors" in which they are adults by then (according to Islamic Law, when one hits puberty) and the same effect happens (except it is under Islamic Law - a bit firmer than the United States' flip-flop laws).
"Complaining"? I don't agree with their laws but how could I "complain" about the laws of other countries? To whom would I complain? The UN? I certainly don't accept their standards for my country. But that's not "complaining."

I had found out that in Iran but they did executed on many teenagers, around under 18 years old and not know about children, probably never do it.

For me, I'm AGAINST on capital punishment on teenagers but Iran did executed 2 guys (one is 15, other is 17) for being homosexual and 16 years old girl for small crime or so.

Look at picture on below, also they are homosexual.
Irangay_teens.jpg

It's VERY wrong to execute on children and teenagers, also now... I feel sad for them.

More info about it...
Atefah Sahaaleh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mahmoud Asgari and Ayaz Marhoni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Other picture about hanging on automotive crane.
PublicExecutionIRI.jpg

This is nothing compare to what I saw on videotape when they stoned jewish woman and man to death in Iran. Men who stoned them to death are worst than the dead ones who committed adultery. I am still haunted by those images.

I guess Reba didn't bother to refute that she did not think that Christians and Purtians DID come over from England after I posted these images.

But it's the same thing here in America as well...

The US minors are being treat as adult in the court for capital punishment and also death penatly as well. Right?

No, it's illegal in USA...

That is horrible and something I cannot start to understand. G-d will judge us, not some government official or police officer. To do so is to blatantly disregard your G-d and say "I know this person has sinned -worst- than I, so they deserve death. I know you'd agree!"

Disgusting. Killing children is wrong, no matter what religion you back it up with.

That is horrible and something I cannot start to understand. G-d will judge us, not some government official or police officer. To do so is to blatantly disregard your G-d and say "I know this person has sinned -worst- than I, so they deserve death. I know you'd agree!"

Disgusting. Killing children is wrong, no matter what religion you back it up with.

Agreed. Then again, if you live in an entirely Islamic country that run under the flag of Islam, just remember that those "boys" set an example for their own society.

Luk 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

You do realize there were other people who has arrived at America long before the Mayflower situation? Try Explorers for $500, Alex. Not every expedition to America was done out of religion.

Pilgrims wore Puritan clothing. What does that tell you?

you mean to tell me that fashion has alot to do with it? All I know that I dress like everyone else, AND because it take a long time to make clothes, I can imagine clothes were often hand me down.

you mean to tell me that fashion has alot to do with it? All I know that I dress like everyone else, AND because it take a long time to make clothes, I can imagine clothes were often hand me down.

It was the 1660's, Clothing like that was fairly common. Do not mistake that for the clothes of the 1700's.

I guess Reba didn't bother to refute that she did not think that Christians and Purtians DID come over from England after I posted these images.
Who can refute nonsense?

I never denied that Christians and Puritans have come from England to America.

I simply explained the correct chronology. The Pilgrims arrived in the Mayflower, many years before the Puritans. That's history. It doesn't matter if their clothing looked the same as the Puritans', or if they landed in their skivvies.

BTW, do you really believe the artists were standing at their easels and painting the first Thanksgiving as it happened? Give me a break. A college student can't be that naive. :lol:

Or maybe you have some CNN footage of the landing of the Mayflower?

And how do you know if seven years later, that information is still correct? I don't see historians alike hailing that website to be correct?
:rofl:

Wow! Breaking news on Fox and CNN: Historians hail website about Pilgrim clothing! :bowdown: Oooooh! Stop the presses!

:rofl:

Back