Candidate: No single, pregnant teachers in classroom

Meg said:
Why judge these women? Maybe their bfs wont marry them or live up to their responsibilities. It takes TWO to tango. Why punish only pregnant women whereas the men get off scot free?

We do not know what goes on behind closed doors thus no need to judge.
you go GIRL!

Well.. I am not judging her... one reason could be that she may have GOOD reason for not being married and pregnant... what if her bf has history of abuse that she wasn't aware of till she got preg or anything like that... think about that... she's just teacher who educating children such as reading, english, math... so forth.. there's nothing wrong with that... God has plans for us all.. this may be god's plans for a teacher to go through being preg and not married. Of course, I do agree that children need both parents but there's nothing wrong if she can give the child a full of love and compassion then it's okay. Not all of us has to be prefect to requre to be married if they are preg.. it is their choice however they choose to live... not to judge them that they should not be a teacher in school.. come on.. it's silly to judge this way!!!! :mad:

It's none of their business of what they do outside of school. Pregnant or not.. married or not.. gay or not.. it have to do NOTHING with school!!!! It's such a shame that some people judge them and think that others are no good because of those reasons!!! I got pregnant before I was married and we are very happy married for a year with a wonderful son..it doesn't mother if a mother is unwed or wed and have a child as long as a mother have lots of love for the child! Those people need to make a lliving also to pay what they need or wants!!!

NOBODY IS PERFECT period! I absoultely HATE when some people thinks they are better than others because of those reasons.

Reba said:
Having a baby is natural, yes. Having one without a husband is not good morality. How can you say that unwed mothers have high moral values? Sleeping with a man before marriage is not a high moral value.

Before I say something, I want you to know I am only expressing my opinions and what I believe. I have no intentions to push you away, or anger you. But I do believe that we have to open our eyes and help each other out.

According to what you said, the tremendous majority of the society are immoral. Most women have slept with men prior to their marriages.

How is it not good morality to not have a husband? How is it not good morality to sleep with a man before marriage? How is it not good morality to be a single mother?

These are the words you rely on from the bible written by the men, not God. There are also many contradictions to begin with and the fact that it has been translated from language to language over a long period of time. From translation to translation, it is well known that details tend to get lost every time a translation is made. The meanings of the verses also change a lot because they are being re-written into a different language that may be not able to bring the same meaning it intended to to the audience.

You can tell people to get in a line, and then tell the first person a complete sentence and tell him to pass it on to the last person in the line. In the end, the sentence will be more likely to be completely different than what the first version of the sentence was and with a different meaning too.

That's why I consider it dangerous for people to fully rely on the bible due to the problems people face in translating.

Now, back what we were talking about, what is exactly "immoral" about not having a man in a woman's life with a child?

Reasons like, "A family need one man and one woman in order to raise a child", "Lacking a father figure in the child's life is a bad thing" and similar reasons don't hold water for me. I have known single mothers with great children with good moral values.

How does it affect you that there are unwed mothers out there?

It's none of your business what goes in their lives. Even if the unwed mother is teaching your child, it's still none of your business because it is her personal life, not yours. It is her job to teach your child a variety of subjects, not to share her personal sexual experiences with your child. But if the teacher choose to cross that line and share details with your child. Then you are entitled to take actions.

Like I said, it's none of your business what goes on in the teacher's personal life because it is not taking place at the school. The only time to worry about a teacher is when she is doing something at the school that you don't approve of. I have never had a teacher who disclosed personal details in any of my classes, never. They knew better to keep their life out of the classrooms.

Most teachers don't either. Only the co-workers are more likely to know of each other's lifestyles because they are often personal friends and word of mouth get around leading the parents to go nuts over it when it's not a situation to worry over. In many cases, it's the parents who overreacted and resorted to rumours, or hearsay from the others instead of their children.

That's the problem with the bible. It's not written by the God. It's written by the men. Only if we could hear God instead, you'll be surprised how different his words are.

Never rely on a man who claim to hear God because anybody can claim the same and write down the wrong messages. The best way is to hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Oh for Godsake Reba.
Now you got me jumping to your defense, even though you do not need it.
Plus I gotta counter what you said, my perception of things, and I do not need to do that, either.
It is true, Reba, that things have not really changed that much in this world of dreams...it is just that with the advent of digital cams and digital readiness, we are just more apt to ntoice things than we have been inclined to, before...

I mean, for example, people think that there are more tornadoes than before, simply because they SHOW more on television...But that is not true, it is just that more people got the cams and are capturing the imagesmore than before...
And in the same way, I truly do not believe in my heart that people are changing for the worse or better, people will be people, and it is just that our FOCUS is being shifted...And guess what is changing our focus? Yup, we are. How? By what we see and read.
I agree with Reba that we have a responsiblity to match our behaviors with our perceptions, but unfortunately, and I am utterly certain Reba will agree with me here, we are at the mercy of the media.
*getting off soapbox*

How can you say that unwed mothers have high moral values? Sleeping with a man before marriage is not a high moral value.

I'm afraid I think you do mean to be judgemental! take another look at what you've written. We are all humans sometimes we are similar and sometimes we are different from each other.. It has nothing to do with not having high moral value.

Teachers should have the skills AND good moral character.

What does that have to do with being gay and being a single mother? Nothing!

if a woman is pregnant and showing a belly, that becomes public, not private.

showing belly doesn't mean she married or not. Do the children asked are u married? barley they do not.

This is my favorite statement....the judgment of individuals must always be left to God. He alone knows the hearts and minds of us all. He alone knows how to judge how culpable we are for any of our actions.. and that isn't for you Reba or anyone else to judge us. Keep that in mind. :o

The majority of the views expressed in here summarily is in agreement with not having to judge a person's character or personal life/background which is being 'human' while on the other hand, the school board, for example sees it from an entirely different view as they may tend to know beforehand how each teacher's personal life is conducted and therefore, they may feel they want to set an example for the sake of our children in the schools....perhaps the school board or for that matter, whoever places the teachers in the schools, may have good intentions...but the majority speaks out vehemously(rash, impulsive, passionately) that they see no critical circumstances with any teacher being 'gay'...'being a single mother'...'being pregnant and not married'...or for any other reasons AS LONG as they are capable of upholding the standards set therein in teaching our children and keeping personal issues such as their lifestyles, etc...out of the classrooms...then we're not judging these teachers for who they are and what they are....

Every parent has the right of their own choosing to send their children wherever they believe in...whether it may be to a christian school, public school, private school, home-schooling, etc....

I personally believe many things happen for a reason or how something went about through a certain situation, circumstances...for those who love or believe in God, how much more is He able to see each of us get through certain elements in life without having each of us be 'judged' by others in society which sadly does take place often in this world of ours...yet, if we are to allow others (the teachers, professors, etc.) the chance to utilize their skills such as teaching without having to judge their own lifestyles...or not having to consider them as 'bad role models' then each of us can work together for the common good, otherwise if we're too quick to 'judge' a teacher because of their indifferences in their personal lives, then we are 'robbing' our children of valuable and quality teaching!! ;)

Is Gay or lesbian marriage teacher okay? Hmm, no single teacher, must be child abuse or whatever... very interesting!

Roadrunner said:
The majority of the views expressed in here summarily is in agreement with not having to judge a person's character or personal life/background which is being 'human' while on the other hand, the school board, for example sees it from an entirely different view as they may tend to know beforehand how each teacher's personal life is conducted and therefore, they may feel they want to set an example for the sake of our children in the schools....perhaps the school board or for that matter, whoever places the teachers in the schools, may have good intentions...but the majority speaks out vehemously(rash, impulsive, passionately) that they see no critical circumstances with any teacher being 'gay'...'being a single mother'...'being pregnant and not married'...or for any other reasons AS LONG as they are capable of upholding the standards set therein in teaching our children and keeping personal issues such as their lifestyles, etc...out of the classrooms...then we're not judging these teachers for who they are and what they are....

Every parent has the right of their own choosing to send their children wherever they believe in...whether it may be to a christian school, public school, private school, home-schooling, etc....

I personally believe many things happen for a reason or how something went about through a certain situation, circumstances...for those who love or believe in God, how much more is He able to see each of us get through certain elements in life without having each of us be 'judged' by others in society which sadly does take place often in this world of ours...yet, if we are to allow others (the teachers, professors, etc.) the chance to utilize their skills such as teaching without having to judge their own lifestyles...or not having to consider them as 'bad role models' then each of us can work together for the common good, otherwise if we're too quick to 'judge' a teacher because of their indifferences in their personal lives, then we are 'robbing' our children of valuable and quality teaching!! ;)

well said!

My mother was an teenage who made some bad choices, getting pregant with my brother and then later on me too....

but that did not affect her morality at all.... she has very high morality stanards, that's just sometimes you get caught up in cimsutances and the person you love.

My mother was in love with my real father very much, and she really thought she would see a future with him... she did not see it as wrong to want to make love to the one you loved the most. Also, he was her fianace, which of course meant that they planned to get married after she fhinshed high school and got a good place for both me and my brother.
She also wanted to be a nurse and help save lives, which she is now.

It wasn't lack of morality that caused her to get pregant at a young age.... it was just the situtation she was in.... she was in love with a man who was willing to marry her, and were already making plans for a wedding at the time. it's natural to love and make love to somebody you are enaged to, isn't it?

Anyway, while she did not feel shamed about giving birth at a young age, as seeing she got two children she loved very much out of it... she instilled into us her high morality vaules that we should really wait until we're really, really sure that we're ready for sex. and also she told us that we shouldn't have sex with people that we couldn't see ourselves being married to, or have a long future with together.

Thanks to her teaching me about her life experinces and telling me not to make the same mistakes, I'm 21 years old and still an virgin, saving myself for somebody that I could see myself with for a long future together.

and my brother's now married to a woman with a baby. He got her pregant before they were even married, but they have a good decent life together.... there's nothing immoral going on.

Judge not, lest ye be judged too.

It does not affect any children if the teacher is Gay, Lesbian or Single Parent, etc.

I think parent are so pathetic when it comes to judging. Parents are to require to teach their children not to judge others the way others look the way they are of their lifestyle ...

I agree however I think all teachers should not mention to any kids about their personal lives...period!

I think teachers should keep professional and personal separate...it is none of children or teenagers business about teachers' personal lives...

I think it is important for teachers to teach kids with education skills not with their personal lives!

Cheri said:
It does not affect any children if the teacher is Gay, Lesbian or Single Parent, etc.

I think parent are so pathetic when it comes to judging. Parents are to require to teach their children not to judge others the way others look the way they are of their lifestyle ...

You said so prefect!!!

I teach my children to not judge everyone's lifestyle but respect!
I teach my children to not closed mind but show their respect!

I'm waiting to get the respond from you on my last post.

What if teachers become widow?
What if teachers's partners leave them for someone else?
What if teachers's partners killed by road accident suddenly?

Would they fired teachers for that 3 reasons?

I think it's unfair to judge everyone's lifestyle because it's their life, they choose to have, not us.

Widow or single parent need earn to support their family life, that's why I think it's unfair to judge them for that.

Liebling:-))) said:
I'm waiting to get the respond from you on my last post.

What if teachers become widow?
What if teachers's partners leave them for someone else?
What if teachers's partners killed by road accident suddenly?

Would they fired teachers for that 3 reasons?
"Single unwed mother" means a woman who was never married. It does not include widows or divorcees. Single unwed mother means a woman who has sexual relations before marriage, and becomes pregnant before marriage. Widows and divorcees (or women whose husbands desert them), are not "single unwed" mothers because they were married before they became pregnant. They would NOT be fired.

I hope that is clear. :)

All I know is that from my own personal expereinces in growing up in Catholic schools, that people DO lie. Priests lied to us about being holy yet they were molesting my classmates at the same time.

My daughters goes to a Catholic school and I still don't believe that every teacher there is pure. Just because they may look good on papers doesnt mean they are not doing anything immoral behind closed doors. I keep a very close eye on my girls and ask them a lot of questions.

Parents are the ones who should be the parents. I do my job by being very involved in my girls lives and checking to see that there is nothing suspicious going on.

It can happen ANYWHERE so never assume anything is perfect by looking at the cover. Just because a teacher is married and going to Church on a regular basis doesnt mean she doesnt have ugly secrets. I d rather look at the teachers' actions in classroom, than their personal lives. Teachers are NOT allowed to discuss their personal lives with their students anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
coloravalanche said:
I agree however I think all teachers should not mention to any kids about their personal lives...period!

I think teachers should keep professional and personal separate...it is none of children or teenagers business about teachers' personal lives...

I think it is important for teachers to teach kids with education skills not with their personal lives!

I was going to say that geesh... anywhoo, sound like you're a teacher right? I'm teacher Aide at the deaf school in hawaii. Excatly same things you said!

Cheri said:

so true...if they dont like their kids to judge others, then why are the parents judging others while their kids won't? it's just fucking retarded

Meg said:
All I know is that from my own personal expereinces in growing up in Catholic schools, that people DO lie. Priests lied to us about being holy yet they were molesting my classmates at the same time.

My daughters goes to a Catholic school and I still don't believe that every teacher there is pure. Just because they may look good on papers doesnt mean they are not doing anything immoral behind closed doors. I keep a very close eye on my girls and ask them a lot of questions.

Parents are the ones who should be the parents. I do my job by being very involved in my girls lives and checking to see that there is nothing suspicious going on.

It can happen ANYWHERE so never assume anything is perfect by looking at the cover. Just because a teacher is married and going to Church on a regular basis doesnt mean she doesnt have ugly secrets. I d rather look at the teachers' actions in classroom, than their personal lives. Teachers are NOT allowed to discuss their personal lives with their students anyway.
I don't become friends with catholics :D (not blaming you for being one though)

Reba wrote: "I agree. That is why I sent my daughter, and my grandsons, to Christian school. I will vote for Demint."

Why are you voting for Demint when he's interested in imposing his values on public schools?

You have no business to tell us that we have to get married to get pregnant. Some people don't want to be married. Some women got pregnant by accident and choose to keep babies. Everyone has different ideas on how they want to have kids.

A married family is ideal and should be promoted but alternative families should NEVER be ignored or suppressed because we already have them. You seek to destroy them by voting for a bigot and that's nothing but anti-family values.

-jeff

netrox said:
Reba wrote: "I agree. That is why I sent my daughter, and my grandsons, to Christian school. I will vote for Demint."

Why are you voting for Demint when he's interested in imposing his values on public schools?

You have no business to tell us that we have to get married to get pregnant. Some people don't want to be married. Some women got pregnant by accident and choose to keep babies. Everyone has different ideas on how they want to have kids.

A married family is ideal and should be promoted but alternative families should NEVER be ignored or suppressed because we already have them. You seek to destroy them by voting for a bigot and that's nothing but anti-family values.

-jeff

:gpost: I agreed with everything you said. :ily:

Back