Cancer survivor forced to show prosthetic breast to TSA agents during pat-down

A letter won't excuse them from being scanned or patted down, so what's the point?

That documentation is to prove that it's a service animal and not a pet. It doesn't excuse them from being scanned. They both still have to be scanned.

That has nothing to do with being excused from scanning/pat down.

You see, the person with a pacemaker, even with a letter, still gets either patted down or hand wanded. They aren't exempted from scrutiny.

You brought it up, so I thought you had something specific in mind.

No matter who it is, do you expect that they can do a forensics check of a letter in the airport screening area before the passenger misses his plane?

That seems like a waste of manpower when the TSA agent isn't going to excuse scanning/pat down regardless of the letter. What's the point of a letter if it doesn't exempt anything?

In the case of the woman in this thread, she would still be subjected to the scan or pat down, even if she had a letter.

I agree that they keep changing their procedures but they don't seem to be changing in the direction of expediting or improving anything.

exemption from screening? where?

I don't think anybody here is talking about exempting one from screening due to one's medical condition. what I'm talking about making your life as painless as possible by having medical documentation so that one does not have to go thru agony and humiliation like this poor woman with a prosthetic breast.

TSA has become a growing, monolithic bureaucratic mess. Nice to know that Soros has stocks invested in the company that make those scanners. But he has his own plane, no worry for him getting fondled.

exemption from screening? where?

I don't think anybody here is talking about exempting one from screening due to one's medical condition. what I'm talking about making your life as painless as possible by having medical documentation so that one does not have to go thru agony and humiliation like this poor woman with a prosthetic breast.
A letter isn't going to change the screening process in any real way.

If the woman had shown a letter from her doctor, what would that have changed for her experience?

The TSA agent would still want to see the prosthesis itself to be sure it is the same one mentioned in the letter. (Theoretically, someone could switch out a legitimate gel-filled prosthesis with one filled with an explosive substance.)

A letter isn't going to change the screening process in any real way.

If the woman had shown a letter from her doctor, what would that have changed for her experience?

The TSA agent would still want to see the prosthesis itself to be sure it is the same one mentioned in the letter. (Theoretically, someone could switch out a legitimate gel-filled prosthesis with one filled with an explosive substance.)

"Women suicide bombers recruited by Al Qaeda are known to have had the explosives inserted in their breasts under techniques similar to breast enhancing surgery," Terrorist expert Joseph Farah claims.

Read more: Terrorists Could Use Explosives in Breast Implants to Crash Planes, Experts Warn - FoxNews.com

"MI5 has also discovered that extremists are inserting the explosives into the buttocks of some male bombers."

How will TSA check for that? :eek3:

"I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC and we are doing a story about extremists inserting explosives into the buttocks. Have a sit over there."

Jeepers....it's getting more ridiculous every day.....

My 19 yr. old just said..."My girlfriend is coming over in a little while.....gonna wear my "FBI" Shirt....(FBI in front and on the back it says:...."Female Body Inspector"....and yell..."HALT"...No entrance in here before a full body/cavity inspection"....."Got any boobs.....I mean "bombs"??

I told him...."Don't forget the digital camera and the toilet plunger....and his brother's telescope."

you can't fly anyway

I do fly plane yes of course I'm not stupid games!! I don't want tsa touch my body that riddance idea!! I don't want tsa answer my question stay out!! Period

Why isn't a body scanner allowed on you? What health problem could possibly say you can't use a body scanner?

I wouldn't allowed have body scanner because I'm seizure but my mom
Say not problem about body scanner I'm also have scar my back no risk

"MI5 has also discovered that extremists are inserting the explosives into the buttocks of some male bombers."

How will TSA check for that? :eek3:

They squeeze it first. Maybe it's touch sensitive and it goes off?

"I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC and we are doing a story about extremists inserting explosives into the buttocks. Have a sit over there."

LOL. I soooo love his show.. and how he talks to pedopholes. Cracks me up.

ok what if tsa wants to know if you have diabetes or a ci implant they check for those too you know but i am sure many deaf people will get more upset about that one ok

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” -Benjamin Franklin

the terrorist are winning this battle. while we bitch and moan about the "intrusion" the terrorist are sitting back and having a laugh riot at our expense. there is NO alternate for any airline passenger these days. a terrorist will use any human transporter to carry out a suicide mission. that includes old ladies, babies in their mothers arms and young children. the terrorist have no second thoughts about having their mothers, wives and children dying with them for the glory of Allah.

the terrorist are winning this battle. while we bitch and moan about the "intrusion" the terrorist are sitting back and having a laugh riot at our expense. there is NO alternate for any airline passenger these days. a terrorist will use any human transporter to carry out a suicide mission. that includes old ladies, babies in their mothers arms and young children. the terrorist have no second thoughts about having their mothers, wives and children dying with them for the glory of Allah.

I agree!...Our backs are to the wall....

I agree!...Our backs are to the wall....

Paranoid much? :roll:

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” -Benjamin Franklin

:rockon:

"A stitch in time saves 9" - Benny "c-note" Franklin

Back