Cancer Support

Whitney, you are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

My mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in June, 2004.

Fortunately for her, she was able to live for 5 months following her diagnosis. That's good considering the fact that the survival rate for pancreatic cancer patients is 3-6 months.

She refused chemo saying that when it was her time to "go home," G*d would finally take away all the pain.

Interestingly enough, exactly one week after pleading with G*d to take her home, she peacefully passed away in her sleep.

I admire my mother in so many ways, but one of the things I admire most about her was how she never once complained about having cancer. She said it was one of the cards that was dealt to her, so therefore she would accept it and live life the best she could during her remaining months.

I love you, mother. May you forever rest in peace.

hearagain! i know your mother is in heaven watching over you. pancreatic cancer very bad. very worst type of cancer! i don't want to my posts to people to think i'm complaning about having cancer. i'm not! i just would like to hear from other deafies with cancer because sometime it very hard to understand interpreter and doctor cant understand my speach and it very painful and the medicine is very expensive! sometimes when i have bad pain day i pray before i go to bed that i die in my sleep because i know i go to heaven. i ready to die. i live long life already! even though im young i have been in two states! and i graduate high school! and i have job. i just would like to talk to birth mom before i die. i drop note at her house today so i hope she emails me! i will pray for your mom hearagain! thank you!

hearagain! i know your mother is in heaven watching over you. pancreatic cancer very bad. very worst type of cancer! i don't want to my posts to people to think i'm complaning about having cancer. i'm not! i just would like to hear from other deafies with cancer because sometime it very hard to understand interpreter and doctor cant understand my speach and it very painful and the medicine is very expensive! sometimes when i have bad pain day i pray before i go to bed that i die in my sleep because i know i go to heaven. i ready to die. i live long life already! even though im young i have been in two states! and i graduate high school! and i have job. i just would like to talk to birth mom before i die. i drop note at her house today so i hope she emails me! i will pray for your mom hearagain! thank you!

Awww, thank you Whitney! You're so sweet! :)

I know you're not complaining about having cancer. I sincerely hope my post didn't make it sound as if you were. I wanted to share my mother's story with others here who may know someone with cancer.

Believe me, after what I saw my mother go through, I think people with cancer have every right to complain. After all, it's one of the most painful, relentless, unforgiving illnesses there are. Going through chemo isn't easy either. I've seen documentaries on TV about cancer patients who go through chemo and it makes me sad when I see how many side effects they experience because of it.

I think it's great that you completed high school and currently have a job! (I hope this doesn't sound like I'm mocking you or treating you like a child. I really admire people who have chronic illnesses yet go to school, work, volunteer activities, etc. because I imagine it must be very difficult at times.)

I hope you hear from your birth mother! You'll have to post again to let us know if you do.

Regarding your problems understanding your interpreter, is it possible to communicate with your doctor using a TTY or Blackberry? Before I received CIs and went to doctor appointments, I used either tactile sign (through a tactile interpreter) or my TeleBraille (Braille TTY).

Thanks so much for offering your prayers for my mother. I know she would appreciate that -- as I certainly do!

Smiles and hugs!! :) :hug:

My family and friends have cancer too. I am prayers and thoughts with you and one of my friend have a tumor in his lung now :( :(

Updated - My step dad has Pancreatic Cancer. He can't get CHEMO. It will not help him. He would go to die anytime. :(

I really hate cancer!!!! But I am support patients with cancer. I'm member of Breast Cancer Awareness. I sent a donate to Facebook. Also I support any kinds of cancer awareness ribbons.

ILoveTarget, I am sorry to hear. I hope you will get well. You are in my prayer.

My dad died of Lungs Cancer, My grandma died of Lung Cancer, other grandma died of Colon Cancer. Chemo is not funny! It's very tough. My dad was on chemo. I don't want to hear. It would make me cry.

My aunt's husband had lung cancer. He smoked a Medical Marijuana to help him to eat. When he was on chemo. I hope you get well.

Gemma, I am sorry to hear about your family run of cancers.

ILoveTarget. I am sorry about cancer diagnosis. I may be able to help you out with understanding your medical information. If I can, its no problem at all. I do understand many many cancers. I am interested to see what is being done. Technology and developments of various cancers change so often that one physician may not be aware of a particular treatment. There are also man Cancer Centers of America that are simply AWESOME! They have wonderful ideas and strategies, especially with maintaining your comfort during treatment.

At the least if I can help you with translation of medical results and interpretations, that would be fabulous. In order to maintain your privacy to other's you may IM me on Yahoo or AIM any time, or even email. (check profile for my yahoo & AIM OK.

Best of luck to you.

I've had cancer twice - so I know what you're going through. You can beat this. :)

And a good thing about it...it makes you appreciate the finer things in life.

Awww, thank you Whitney! You're so sweet! :)

I know you're not complaining about having cancer. I sincerely hope my post didn't make it sound as if you were. I wanted to share my mother's story with others here who may know someone with cancer.

Believe me, after what I saw my mother go through, I think people with cancer have every right to complain. After all, it's one of the most painful, relentless, unforgiving illnesses there are. Going through chemo isn't easy either. I've seen documentaries on TV about cancer patients who go through chemo and it makes me sad when I see how many side effects they experience because of it.

I think it's great that you completed high school and currently have a job! (I hope this doesn't sound like I'm mocking you or treating you like a child. I really admire people who have chronic illnesses yet go to school, work, volunteer activities, etc. because I imagine it must be very difficult at times.)

I hope you hear from your birth mother! You'll have to post again to let us know if you do.

Regarding your problems understanding your interpreter, is it possible to communicate with your doctor using a TTY or Blackberry? Before I received CIs and went to doctor appointments, I used either tactile sign (through a tactile interpreter) or my TeleBraille (Braille TTY).

Thanks so much for offering your prayers for my mother. I know she would appreciate that -- as I certainly do!

Smiles and hugs!! :) :hug:

hi hear again! i take your advice and talk to doctor with tty! it much better. i understand much better now. i not hear from my birth mother yet but she may be very busy. i still wait! it very busy time of year. i still pray for your mother, she very happy in heaven!

hi hear again! i take your advice and talk to doctor with tty! it much better. i understand much better now. i not hear from my birth mother yet but she may be very busy. i still wait! it very busy time of year. i still pray for your mother, she very happy in heaven!

That's great, Whitney! I'm glad the TTY worked out well for you. :)

I'm sure you'll hear from your birth mother soon. As you said, she's probably busy -- especially now that the holidays are just around the corner.

Thanks for continuing to pray for my mother! :hug: I know she's smiling down upon me in heaven which makes the memories of her so much sweeter. :)

Hope you are well and will continue posting to let us know how you are doing! :)

That's great, Whitney! I'm glad the TTY worked out well for you. :)

I'm sure you'll hear from your birth mother soon. As you said, she's probably busy -- especially now that the holidays are just around the corner.

Thanks for continuing to pray for my mother! :hug: I know she's smiling down upon me in heaven which makes the memories of her so much sweeter. :)

Hope you are well and will continue posting to let us know how you are doing! :)

hi hear again!! thank you for reply to post!!! you very good friend. i hope you have happy thanksgiving!! and you not get busy this time of year!!!

hi hear again!! thank you for reply to post!!! you very good friend. i hope you have happy thanksgiving!! and you not get busy this time of year!!!

Thanks, Whitney! :)

I wish the same for you and your family! :hug:

By the way, anytime you'd like to talk, feel free to send me a message under my profile (click my username, then "View Public Profile." You will then be taken to my profile page. Look at the top left side of the page and you'll find a box where you can type your message.) :)

hi my name whitney! i have cancer in my spleen! i going through chemo for second time now. anyone else have cancer? i thought we deafies can support each other going through treatment and recovering. hope to hear from some of you!

I'm really sorry to hear about your cancer. I wish you the best of luck.

I HATE cancer too. I hope all the people with cancer on here and their families go into remission and recover. I have lost many members of my family to cancer. My great grandma died from cancer when i was 7 years old, my auntie from skin cancer when i was 12, my dad when i was 14, my cousin's grandma when he was abt 8, my dancing teacher died from cancer

Whitney, my thoughts are with you, and best of luck

x

Whitney, my thoughts are with you, and best of luck

x

I lost a close family friend to cancer two years ago. She was way too young. My mom also got diagnosed with cervical cancer last year, but had a hysterectomy and is doing fine.

I don't know if anyone will be interested, but this is something my parents found when my mom was diagnosed. Obviously, there are a million things like this, but I know that it helped my mom both to feel like there was something more she could do to help herself get better, and that her cancer didn't spread at all. She didn't even have to have her ovaries removed because she had such clean boundaries when they removed her uterus.

Just thought I'd put it up in case anyone else is interested in trying it.
The Budwig Diet- Flaxseed Oil & Cottage Cheese

It's not that hard to follow. My mom said it was pretty easy, even with pretty much cutting sugar out of her diet.

And I wish the best for all those who are still dealing with cancers, either themselves, or their family members.

I just found out last week my mom has stage four breast cancer. She's going to be doing chemo for the third time now, and will be losing her hair again for the second time. Not a good situation. She's been going to Gilda's Club, which has helped her stay positive. If you have a Gilda's Club in your area, I highly recommend it!

Back