Cancer Support

ILoveTarget

Reaction score
hi my name whitney! i have cancer in my spleen! i going through chemo for second time now. anyone else have cancer? i thought we deafies can support each other going through treatment and recovering. hope to hear from some of you!

You are going through chemo for the second thime, that sucks. Does that means you are having a recurrence?
I do not have cancer but it is very close in my family, in fact my grandmother passed away from cancer few years ago so I can imagine what you are going through.
I hope your recovery goes well. You are in my prayers.

Whitney, you are in my prayers and thoughts.

I believe cancer runs in my family. I know of only one currently have ovary cancer - my oldest cousin, Teresa. From what I'm told that hers is a full+blown cancer and there is very little chance she would get well.

I am really sorry Whitney. Cancer runs in my family also, although I do not have cancer.
You will be in my prayers.

Get well and stay strong. Just hang on.

Cancer runs in my family. Lost my sister and uncle to colon cancer, and they were only 39 and 42. My aunts died from ovarian cancers. Other aunt died from brain cancer. My cousin died from brain cancer as well- he was 21 years old.

now, my cousin is dying from colon cancer and can go anytime within 2-4 months. Sadly, aggressive chemo makes her confused and incoherent. She had no memory of pulling out chemo line herself. Her doctor had to stop the chemo, and it was only a half course. I am waiting for updates tomorrow to see if her doctor determines to give her another course or not-

I know someone here on AD has cancer and hopefully this person will come here and share it with you. I am sorry you have to deal with it. It is awful, right now I am watching my aunt who now has cancer in her hip from breast cancer which we all thought it was removed but it came back to different part of body. Hopefully u got rid of it with help of chemo. hang there.

:grouphug:

Girl I can relate .....One of my best friend has ovarian cancer - her tumor was 20 pounds! :eek2: It has been a scary time for us. She is deaf but I dont know if she would be comfortable sharing her story just yet. She is still in recovery.

Also my mother is visiting her childhood best friend who is dying of ovarian cancer - so hang in there girl and think positive!

You are going through chemo for the second thime, that sucks. Does that means you are having a recurrence?
I do not have cancer but it is very close in my family, in fact my grandmother passed away from cancer few years ago so I can imagine what you are going through.
I hope your recovery goes well. You are in my prayers.

yes! im not in remission anymore. cancer is very confusing and it very hard to understand the interpreter! i wish i could understand better.

Whitney, you are in my prayers and thoughts.

I believe cancer runs in my family. I know of only one currently have ovary cancer - my oldest cousin, Teresa. From what I'm told that hers is a full+blown cancer and there is very little chance she would get well.

hi. i dont know if cancer run in my family because i dont know my birth parent! doctor say my cancer spreading and bad but i don't beleive them i have hope!

thank u for hope and prayers everybody! i only 19 so i very young and have lots more life to live. i hope i can get better soon. thank you!

ILoveTarget, I am sorry to hear. I hope you will get well. You are in my prayer.

My dad died of Lungs Cancer, My grandma died of Lung Cancer, other grandma died of Colon Cancer. Chemo is not funny! It's very tough. My dad was on chemo. I don't want to hear. It would make me cry.

My aunt's husband had lung cancer. He smoked a Medical Marijuana to help him to eat. When he was on chemo. I hope you get well.

Gemma, I am sorry to hear about your family run of cancers.

My cousin was buried yesterday. Her cancer was in the lung which was then removed. It came back but this time it was in her brain. She went to the hospital with a very bad headache and passed away 3 days later. I think she went into coma, not sure. She also lost her older sister due to the second bout with breast cancer. It looks like it runs in her father's side.

Can't spleen be removed? I know people can live without spleen. I hope you beat it.

:wave: Whitneyie...

I'm so sorry you're going through this especially at such a young age.. Chemo is probably the most challenging part of this journey, I lost my grandfather a couple of years ago from cancer, it was suddenly and unexpectedly. I really miss him. :ahem: ...

Anyways, good luck with your treatment and you're in my prayers..

hang in there sweetie :hug:

thank you angel and pinky and buffalo! yes spleen can be removed but cancer in my bone now. can't remove bone! i almost done with second time of chemo. i go today to get my birth certificate so i can call my birth mom and ask her about cancer running in my family i very excited to be friend with my birth mom!

any other deafies have cancer? i like to hear about how you understand what is going on with you and if interpreter help you alot? i have problem understanding and i think interpreter get frustrated!

My stepdad's mom passed away on April 2nd, 2007 of lung cancer. She refused to take chemo or anything. She hasnt attend doctors appts because she cannot afford to pay the health bills which it went higher that time. We have tried to help her but she won't let us so she suffered with her pain through her cancer until she died. She was a stronger woman I ever seen.

Right now, my mom's mother (my favorite grandmother- we call her nan) she is having a lung/breast cancer. She is on chemo right now and lost a lot of her hair. She possibly lose her one of her eye become blind due of her health....I am praying for her health to get better but I know its not perfect in either ways. Its part of life. I am worried about her everyday and wishing that the monster cancer go away from inside her body but its hard to deal with it. She is doing well-fair but she has those bad days on and off which it sucks. I always go visit her and spend time with her everyday before something happens. If you don't spend time with a person who have cancer who you love the most- it would hurt you more because it did affect me very much. Her health affect me to worry, depressed, stress out and think of her more than other my personal issues. Nan and I are very close than anybody in the family because she raised me in her own hands when I was a baby until I graduated. Still raising me no matter what. I support her through her health and letting her know she is loved by us. Just make sure you guys keep your cancer folks know that you always love them no matter what.

My prayers for my favorite grandmother, and cancer folks
--:) I support breast cancer--

hi again. any other deafies have cancer? i have bad story today. i have friend on yahoo im and i talk to him for six months! we talk on yahoo im and we talk on text. i told him i have cancer today and he not talk to me anymore! i so sad. i wish i never tell him. i so stupid to tell people. because some people dont feel comfortable when people sick! i hope i find new friend on yahoo im soon!

Whitney, you are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

My mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in June, 2004.

Fortunately for her, she was able to live for 5 months following her diagnosis. That's good considering the fact that the survival rate for pancreatic cancer patients is 3-6 months.

She refused chemo saying that when it was her time to "go home," G*d would finally take away all the pain.

Interestingly enough, exactly one week after pleading with G*d to take her home, she peacefully passed away in her sleep.

I admire my mother in so many ways, but one of the things I admire most about her was how she never once complained about having cancer. She said it was one of the cards that was dealt to her, so therefore she would accept it and live life the best she could during her remaining months.

I love you, mother. May you forever rest in peace.

Back