Cancelled a date tonight

Definitely sounds like drama you don't want to be any part of that circle of doom. =O All the best luck to you in hoping she comes around! =)

You did the right thing, stay out of trouble. If you still like her you can always remain friends until she resolves her situation with her ex boyfriend.

I have to say...this seems like a pretty normal girl to me. Men and women think VERY differently and what she did sounds like a very typical female response. I can easily imagine telling an ex that I'm dating someone else so that he will leave me alone. If I were you, I would consider it a compliment that she thought highly enough of you to want your protection instead of handling it on her own as if you were of no account. She probably thought it would be enough for him to just tell him that she was seeing someone else.

I have to say...this seems like a pretty normal girl to me. Men and women think VERY differently and what she did sounds like a very typical female response. I can easily imagine telling an ex that I'm dating someone else so that he will leave me alone. If I were you, I would consider it a compliment that she thought highly enough of you to want your protection instead of handling it on her own as if you were of no account. She probably thought it would be enough for him to just tell him that she was seeing someone else.

The big issue is that she told him who she was dating and that guy has a criminal background so it is more of a high risk situation to do that.

The big issue is that she told him who she was dating and that guy has a criminal background so it is more of a high risk situation to do that.
I agree. It was wrong of her to involve another person in her drama. She could have told the ex that she had moved on without giving him a name.

You did the right thing. Until she gets a retraining order against the ex boyfriend, she is not ready to date.

Don't worry. There will be other women.

What is important is that now you know what to look for when you meet another one. You learned a valuable lesson.

a retraining order would not stop the ex boyfriend from going after another guy dating the woman.

HUH? I am a woman and I disagree with everything you said. I would never had done what that woman did. So you think it a compliment to put someone life at risk? That does not sound normal to me.

I agree. It was wrong of her to involve another person in her drama. She could have told the ex that she had moved on without giving him a name.

I agree this would been a lot wiser and safer. And that sound more 'normal'
to me.

I wasn't saying that's what she SHOULD have done by any means, just that I can understand how she could do that in a lapse of judgment.

I wasn't saying that's what she SHOULD have done by any means, just that I can understand how she could do that in a lapse of judgment.

I probably wouldn't understand because I only have an ex husband and i have to tell him who Iam in a serious relationship with because of our daughter. I have only been in two serious relationships in my life and i married both of the men in those two relationships.

I can't understand how the woman could of had a lapse of judgment that put a person at risk. I would say the woman is not very bright if she had lapse of judgment like that.

I can't understand how the woman could of had a lapse of judgment that put a person at risk. I would say the woman is not very bright if she had lapse of judgment like that.

Lisa Nowak. there you go.

dereck you do seem to have a jinxed love life..if you go out with her get decent bullet proof vest.
i no understand what you mean,she got an X who she terrified of you cancelled your date because of him her X so when you say grow a pair her or you

You did right Derek. Unless you enjoy the constant tension of drama, drama, drama, then a situation like this is wasted on you. If you are saying to yourself hmm this does not work for me well that is your answer and it was your answer.
I really recommend looking far to the east across the Pacific Ocean. Check it out while you are young and have LOTS of years to be happy. Don't wait until you are about to fall over like me.

Back