Canada upset to Hovrs

OR you can move out to USA, then!

I am not sure how hard is it for deaf to move to USA from Canada. How much would it cost to change citizenship ? this should be a new thread if these questions i raised were to be discussed.

By the way, it still wouldn't be fair Canadians not to have VP's . I wonder how are they coping at this point ?

Hello everyone.... Why are you using all jargons??? I'm trying to understand your comments but it makes no sense to me at all. Sorry.

I am not sure how hard is it for deaf to move to USA from Canada. How much would it cost to change citizenship ? this should be a new thread if these questions i raised were to be discussed.

By the way, it still wouldn't be fair Canadians not to have VP's . I wonder how are they coping at this point ?

Uh-oh! That's good question! Lolz, i do not know alot about Canadians but i will trying to research for Here Law and Canada's law, then? Sounds good?

Hello everyone.... Why are you using all jargons??? I'm trying to understand your comments but it makes no sense to me at all. Sorry.

exactly which jargon you dont understand? I can try my best to explain it for you. Anything for a fellow AD'er!

Don't blame on HOVRS, Sorenson, and other VRS providers. They are being abide by FCC regulations. Since you live in Canada, it is more difficult because FCC is in USA. Radioman is right on the spot.

All you can do is to get people to sign up petition and bring it up to Canadian government.

well that is hard hearin tty i don't think so not good. I am compaint to ctrc.gov.ca
that is why reasokn explain to you . I think so getting plan do organzied to complaint to government to videophone.; I dont like that is why not fair to talk to her. I don;t think so explain to you. I am very make sure right my human. I understand what is happened to you. I don;t like that is why not fair to government meaning. I am tired.

The VP relay is paid by American tax money, so it is only for Americans to use. Go to your Prime Minister and make a request for Canadian money to be use to set up an Canadian VP relay service. Good Luck.

The VP relay is paid by American tax money, so it is only for Americans to use. Go to your Prime Minister and make a request for Canadian money to be use to set up an Canadian VP relay service. Good Luck.

Southfella - I think smithr knows that FCC is usa money, it been stated in this thread several times and no need to keep rubbing it into his face.

I think what we need to do as americains is to show our love and support for Canadains to get some sort of a VRS system going in thier country. It may not be the same as us with FCC using a small piece of the money pie and give to the VRS providers to provide the services and hardware needs for the deaf/HOH. Look at thier health system, its all taken care of and all have coverage, USA doesnt. It's bassed on who thier employers are and thier plans they pick, if they are poor, then other percentage of people are on medi-plans from gov. etc etc etc..

this thread can go on and on, but I am interested in other canadains knowledge and responses here like aghori, mrs bucket .etc... perhaps they can chime in now and tell us whats the current deal? :aw:

We - Aghori and I- do not use HOVRS anymore because FCC only allows calls outside of Canada but not in Canada.

We use VIABLE all the time and it's great.

Because I have problem my videophone is not work> i don't know I don't understand what is happened statics. I don't know how can figure out fix speed on internet. I think so shaw not good. I don't like that is slow instead new better VPAD or MVP. I hope better free I wish free. I complaint to CTRC is ask to government. I think so complaint to HOVRS> I don't understand what is happened. I understand I hope better fair to government to saskatoon. I think so set up process on government business new place. I think so better communication to you. I think so important to support to suggestion to you. I need to ask to permission to government.; I think so not sure depend on governmnet to complaint to you.

Viable works in Canada ? thats interesting. Can make VP and Relay calls from Canada to Canada ?

I'm venturing a guess here - i think they are using a webcam and using viable software on pc. viable have to follow the same fcc rules and regs, but they probably are not checking to see if the ip address belongs to canada and checking to see if phone numbers they are using to call in canada too.

I'm venturing a guess here - i think they are using a webcam and using viable software on pc. viable have to follow the same fcc rules and regs, but they probably are not checking to see if the ip address belongs to canada and checking to see if phone numbers they are using to call in canada too.

Yes, Some counties like English, Australia and others, have VPADs and can call it to USA but I dont know that working in using Viable number instead of IP address to connect other countries. :shrug:

So we are paying for foreign deafies to use our tax supported relay services ? Writing a letter to WashDC

How about us losing our interpreters to Sorenson VRS which already has set up several call centers for American clients in CANADA?! It has hurt our Deaf communities by seeing the community and education-based interpreting services being dwindled greatly.

I know Banjo made a great blog about this issue and here's a link below:

Banjo's World: Sorenson, Shame on You!

Back