Can You Stomach "Morbid" Pictures?

Can you stomach "Dead pictures" of people?

• Yes

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • NO!

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Sometimes I can, Sometimes I don't

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
deaflibrarian said:
Why should I leave my great job to go to a crazy place like Iraq to see morbidity? Nah, that's best reserved for you RS. Have fun and be sure to send us picture! :D

:werd:

I have seen plenty of morbidity, just by working in hospital (ICU, ER and morgue) here.

Oh RS, be careful wherever you are. :bye:

Mayflower said:
:werd:

I have seen plenty of morbidity, just by working in hospital (ICU, ER and morgue) here.

Oh RS, be careful wherever you are. :bye:
I agree this thread is :werd:
I think this thread earns a lock!
:locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked:

I do get interested to see some pictures like that, even tho it'd flip my stomach around but it only keeps my curiousy

LOL...I can look at SOME pictures and not be grossed out...I'm also somewhat unfazed when it comes to gory movies but seeing it up close and personal is a liiiiittle different. I am known to get white in the face whenever blood is drawn or I see a needle piercing skin... UGH. It gives me the willies!

I've also seen Rotten.com. LOL. There's a photo in there of a kid who got his hand stuck in a meat grinder. That one, I have to admit, bothered the feck out of me. LOL. Oh, god. I lost whatever appetite I had!

Hi all

I have been helping people find their missing loved ones from the tsunami and have seen those pics. At first those pics sickened me so much I just couldn't look at them anymore. Since sick people downloaded those pictures for their own perverted purposes, the Thai government ordered all pictures off the web sites, but it was too late. There are a few groups who downloaded those pictures and decided to set up their own web sites. They enlist volunteers to translate Thai to English and use some photoshop software to block out body parts except to show jewelry, clothes, scars, and tattoos so to make identifications easy, etc. I am able to view those pictures without getting sick.

It is really an interesting yet sad experience for me. :(

I do have a morbid fascination in seeing pictures of dead people...of course, there were pictures too grosteque to look at, I'd not look at.

The irony in this, I have this phobia -- fear of death and dying...yet, I look at pictures of death...and of the dying, too. I'm an oddball, hey? (Psst, maybe I'm Oddball's long lost twin! *snickers*)

Levonian said:
Mayflower has seen everything—nothing fazes her. She worked in a major metropolitan hospital for 15 years—she’s seen everything imaginable come through the ER at one time or another. And her father was an LA City firefighter. We can be watching CSI or ER and eating spaghetti, and she’ll say something like "oh, that’s nothing—one time we had this guy come in with his chest ripped open and his intestines hanging halfway off the gurney. I was trying to bag him, but half his face was blown off and I couldn’t get a good seal." Meanwhile, I’m looking at my spaghetti and turning 14 different shades of green. I look up just in time to see the coroner on CSI drilling a half inch hole through some guy’s skull and out the other side. By this time I’m looking at my spaghetti wondering if I’ll ever be able to function sexually again. Of course, my wife finally looks up, sees the expression on my face, and says something like "what’s wrong with you?" I mutter something like "um—nothing," while I push my plate to the other side of the bed. "I’m not hungry anymore—I think I’ll just go get a beer." Of course, she says something like "OK—whatever," and goes right on slurping her spaghetti. As I’m climbing off the bed, I hear her say something like "oh that’s so fake—the brains don’t really come out of the hole like that…sluuurp"

:barf: :barf: :barf:

ewwwwwwww ...Hahaha Sorry I had to laugh at this story...poor guy, :hug: ....

Levonian,

I know how you feel hon, I don't have the stomach for it myself and Roadrunner knows me well enough that I can't even look at it for just one second, I would always cover my eyes when I see anything like THAT!!!...

If we were over there, I bet Roadrunner and Mayflower will be cleaning up the mess we left behind

^Angel^--> :barf: Levonian--> :barf: LOL!!

Malfoyish said:
I've also seen Rotten.com. LOL. There's a photo in there of a kid who got his hand stuck in a meat grinder. That one, I have to admit, bothered the feck out of me. LOL. Oh, god. I lost whatever appetite I had!

:shock: ... umm pardon me here!... :barf:

Angel, thank you for your excellent manners by vomiting to the right instead of on my screen! LOL!

eerrr..... I found out from my dad, he said when he was on patrol, he had to clean dead people up at car accident scene!! He was accident scnee reconstuctionist (?, can Taylor help me with spelling?? because you are a cop!!)

racheleggert said:
eerrr..... I found out from my dad, he said when he was on patrol, he had to clean dead people up at car accident scene!! He was accident scnee reconstuctionist (?, can Taylor help me with spelling?? because you are a cop!!)

here the spelling....accident scene recontructionist

Tousi said:
Angel, thank you for your excellent manners by vomiting to the right instead of on my screen! LOL!

LOL! If that did happen, then find that site of a cat who'll lick your screen clean! ;)

sometimes I can sometimes I don't..

Depend where you respect their death on sence.. Do you feel enjoy viewing their violation rights dead people. Which Dead people cannot speak their rights cuz cannot bring life back and againist you being viewing their death body.

Sometimes I can feel that way which have no respect their death freak or happends.. not involved being viewing theirs.. Do their job part of police/Autopsy/firefreighters/Alumance and more..

The first time I ever saw gory stuff on video was when I was taking driving school. Every couple days, they would show us videos of the police cleaning up messes from the accidents. Heh!

When I was in high school I was in a class called health occupations. I had to follow a mortition. It wasn't that bad until the body jerked a couple times and scared the witts outta me. :eek:

i have no plm seeing pixs of dead bodies and such -- ive seen dead body before at funerals -- ofc at this point they are not all banged up or still hooked up to any artificial life machines of any sort

dead bodies still messy with the blood all over along with whatever might be hanging out of them i really dont know how i would react -- either i vomit or i would be able to handle it :dunno:

Back