Can You Stomach "Morbid" Pictures?

Can you stomach "Dead pictures" of people?

• Yes

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • NO!

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Sometimes I can, Sometimes I don't

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

Nancy

Reaction score
Actually, some people have a morbid facination of looking at people's pictures when they are dead.....like if you are a mortician, you need to have the stomach for it. I am not one of them actually, but I have seen dead pictures of famous people like Marilyn Monroe, John Dillinger, Bonnie and Clyde, Harvey Lee Oswald (who supposedly killed JFK), etc. I have heard of one of River Phoneix, but I don't want to see his because I heard it is grotestue looking. :barf:
Are you one of those people who would have the stomach to be a "mortician"?

To be mortician, I dont want to be one of them but to look at the dead body dont bother me a bit. :D

I don't have the stomach to be a mortician. It spooks me under my skin if, I look at the "dead"/"corpse" bodies....thinkin' that it will grab my arm to make me enough to scream !

So, I don't have the stomach to be in the "morgue" room, either. :scatter:

I have no problems looking at a dead body...or even one that died a horrible death. It makes me sad but doesn't turn my stomach. Whats strange..the one thing that does turn my stomach no matter what is when somebody else gets sick and throws up. Its strange...I can see the worst and smell the worst, but some guy throwing up at a party will make me ill.

I don't know how i would react to seeing an actual body up close, but I can view autopsy photos without getting sick. I have to admit that seeing a photo is a lot different from actually being exposed to a corpse, though. I voted that I could handle it, but I'm going by the fact that photos don't bother me.

:dunno: I admit to be a bit, umm, strange when it comes to certain things. :giggle:

When I started working in the hospital, my first assigned area was basement labs, which also included the morgue. At first, I was a bit spooked and when I looked around more, I saw that they had jars with human body parts in them. I was so spooked and didnt want to even touch nor be close them. Eventually, it wore off on me, and I started becoming more and more curious. I would look through the jars sometimes if I was bored.

One of my favourite shows on the tele is autospie. Very interesting show to watch!

Mayflower has seen everything—nothing fazes her. She worked in a major metropolitan hospital for 15 years—she’s seen everything imaginable come through the ER at one time or another. And her father was an LA City firefighter. We can be watching CSI or ER and eating spaghetti, and she’ll say something like "oh, that’s nothing—one time we had this guy come in with his chest ripped open and his intestines hanging halfway off the gurney. I was trying to bag him, but half his face was blown off and I couldn’t get a good seal." Meanwhile, I’m looking at my spaghetti and turning 14 different shades of green. I look up just in time to see the coroner on CSI drilling a half inch hole through some guy’s skull and out the other side. By this time I’m looking at my spaghetti wondering if I’ll ever be able to function sexually again. Of course, my wife finally looks up, sees the expression on my face, and says something like "what’s wrong with you?" I mutter something like "um—nothing," while I push my plate to the other side of the bed. "I’m not hungry anymore—I think I’ll just go get a beer." Of course, she says something like "OK—whatever," and goes right on slurping her spaghetti. As I’m climbing off the bed, I hear her say something like "oh that’s so fake—the brains don’t really come out of the hole like that…sluuurp"

:barf: :barf: :barf:

I can usually stomach war photos and stuff like that, but the videos of murders and suicides on Ogrish get me.

I remember I once found a book in Newbury Comics with pictures of sucides.....UGH!!! There was one of a guy who'd tried sucide by cutting himself in half with a table saw!

i could stomach many different pictures cuz i LOVE to tease people who cant... like www.rotten.com they have the worst pictures i ever seen lol and i used to save some pictures and send it to my friends who cant stomach it lol... i stopped that a while ago but once in a while when opperunity comes up.. i cant resist it... its just cuz of how people react to it is funny ... most of time :-P

however... seeing them in irl is very very different thats somethign i would truly have hard time stomach or forget... i have my share of seeing gross stuff and no it is not just vomit though that does turn my stomach by just thinking about it (ugh)

Levonian said:
Mayflower has seen everything—nothing fazes her. She worked in a major metropolitan hospital for 15 years—she’s seen everything imaginable come through the ER at one time or another. And her father was an LA City firefighter. We can be watching CSI or ER and eating spaghetti, and she’ll say something like "oh, that’s nothing—one time we had this guy come in with his chest ripped open and his intestines hanging halfway off the gurney. I was trying to bag him, but half his face was blown off and I couldn’t get a good seal." Meanwhile, I’m looking at my spaghetti and turning 14 different shades of green. I look up just in time to see the coroner on CSI drilling a half inch hole through some guy’s skull and out the other side. By this time I’m looking at my spaghetti wondering if I’ll ever be able to function sexually again. Of course, my wife finally looks up, sees the expression on my face, and says something like "what’s wrong with you?" I mutter something like "um—nothing," while I push my plate to the other side of the bed. "I’m not hungry anymore—I think I’ll just go get a beer." Of course, she says something like "OK—whatever," and goes right on slurping her spaghetti. As I’m climbing off the bed, I hear her say something like "oh that’s so fake—the brains don’t really come out of the hole like that…sluuurp"

Mr. Chimp is right. He doesn't have the stomach for any of this. I had at one time thought about being either a mortician or a Coroner.

*cleans up Mr. Chimp's vomitus* :squint:

Levonian said:

Ewww... That's nasty ! :barf:

Levonian said:

:rofl: Oh, you poor guy.

Mayflower said:
Mr. Chimp is right. He doesn't have the stomach for any of this. I had at one time thought about being either a mortician or a Coroner.

*cleans up Mr. Chimp's vomitus* :squint:

:lol:

Mayflower, you and I need to meet. We could have a lot of sadistic fun with your husband. I get a kick outta making people turn lovely shades of different colors.

:rofl:

I say, the worst fear as an EMT to me are eye injuries. Some EMTs have their call that they don't like. One girl I know can't stand people vomiting. A call with dead people is ok. Bad part would be the smell if they have been dead for a while.

prostock19 said:
I say, the worst fear as an EMT to me are eye injuries. Some EMTs have their call that they don't like. One girl I know can't stand people vomiting. A call with dead people is ok. Bad part would be the smell if they have been dead for a while.

That would be second on my list. We sometimes get 'poppers' that have been sitting for a few days...Just like vomit, its the smell that gets to me and not the visual. Unfortunately, the past few DOA's I've been to have been poppers where family members haven't heard from them for a week or so and then we were called....and there is a reason they weren't heard from for a week :(

Oceanbreeze said:
:lol:

Mayflower, you and I need to meet. We could have a lot of sadistic fun with your husband. I get a kick outta making people turn lovely shades of different colors.

:rofl:

Great idea, Oceanbreeze. When can we meet? :rofl:

Everyone,,,Go to IRAQ and look at those dead soldiers and dead iraqis acttack by terrorist. You would vomit in a second. I vomitted after i watched dan Peral be-headded.

Back