Can You Get A DUI Without Driving?

A drunk doesn't have to be driving to endanger others. Riding a bicycle drunk can endanger others (for example).
that I agree because one is operating a vehicle, animal, self-powered vehicle, etc. under influence that can cause harm to others and/or to oneself.

I agree the person who was convicted by sitting in the driver's seat with no key in the ignition is ridiculous.
yup. DUI law should be as simple as "If you're drinking and sleeping, it ain't DUI".

that I agree because one is operating a vehicle, animal, self-powered vehicle, etc. under influence that can cause harm to others and/or to oneself.

yup. DUI law should be as simple as "If you're drinking and sleeping, it ain't DUI".

With the key in the ignition? One can always fake sleeping.

Being punished when you haven't commited the crime... is just wrong.. so instead of being able to sleep it off they encorage drunks to drive. I read somewhere about a women in a wheelchair getting one.
I heard that in North Carolina if you are in the vehicle that is in your name but someone else is driving it and your in the passengers seat.. you both get a DUI

The only way to avoid this is if you drink at home and never set foot out of your house and wait a good 8-12 hours before venturing out depending on what you drank, this way it is pretty much flushed out of your system.

The only way to avoid this is if you drink at home and never set foot out of your house and wait a good 8-12 hours before venturing out depending on what you drank, this way it is pretty much flushed out of your system.

a house? around here... we get drunk at bar.

Last night, I was driving on the QEW. There was a cop car speeding and changed lanes several times without signaling... a couple minutes later, he turned on the sirens and pulled a car over.

If you can't follow the law yourself, you have no business pulling people over.

I see cops making turns all the time and not using their turn signal!
If we do that we get a ticket! I agree with ya! Can you made a citizen arrest on a cop!

Some cough medicine have a lot alcohol in it , you should be care about driving afer taking cough medicine . My ex husband was an alcoholic and he would take cough medicine when he ran out of beer! I got rid of the bum!

Some cough medicine have a lot alcohol in it , you should be care about driving afer taking cough medicine . My ex husband was an alcoholic and he would take cough medicine when he ran out of beer! I got rid of the bum!

I've heard of people drinking mouthwash for it's meager alcohol content even though it is unsafe to drink mouthwash. :shock:

I see cops making turns all the time and not using their turn signal!
If we do that we get a ticket! I agree with ya! Can you made a citizen arrest on a cop!

no but you can file a complaint.... along with video proof.

which is why that kind of medication has a warning on it and it said to not operate a machinery or drive because it will cause drowsiness.

then I guess you've never lived in a dry county before. Good luck with that DUI. lol.. (jk):wave:

:lol:

but we have a cab or similar service that drives drunk home for free.

If ur car hood is warm (and Cops do check that), when they find someone sleeping or "pretending" to be sleeping, then they do know that you have driven the car, maybe pulled over (realizing you can't drive very far)...but still, you drove drunk....key in the ignition and you in the front seat...oh well! Pretty obvious to me!...

No one should drink & drive, not even 1 beer. Get a designated driver or call a cab/family to pick ya up....Too many people have killed innocents driving while drunk.

:lol:

but we have a cab or similar service that drives drunk home for free.

We don't have anything like that around here. I have friends that when they come to parties that when they come in the door we confiscate their keys and we tell em they are more than welcome to crash out on the couch or in the back bedroom. Thankfully I only live half a mile from where these parties usually take place. I give myself time to sober up then I drive. A lot of times they go to leave and they can't find their keys and we 'help' look for them and can't 'find' them. This way we know they aren't going to leave drunk and secondly we place their keys back in their vehicle in the cupholder after they pass out. Next morning we just tell em' they must've been so drunk they overlooked their keys. Works about 90% of the time. However we do have the occasional ass that is determined to leave drunk. When it gets to that point we just move vehicles to block them in so they can't go anywhere, even if they do find their keys. We like to have a good time, but not to drink and drive.

If ur car hood is warm (and Cops do check that), when they find someone sleeping or "pretending" to be sleeping, then they do know that you have driven the car, maybe pulled over (realizing you can't drive very far)...but still, you drove drunk....key in the ignition and you in the front seat...oh well! Pretty obvious to me!...
With cases like that based on assumptions.... a good defense attorney can easily get that case thrown out or reduced to something trivial. It's best for cops to catch them in act for a slam-dunk case. Prosecutor hates working on cases with weak evidence... which is why there are plea bargain... which is why lot of DUI suspects got off with a slap on their wrists.

No one should drink & drive, not even 1 beer. Get a designated driver or call a cab/family to pick ya up....Too many people have killed innocents driving while drunk.
:werd:

A guy that I work with was in his front yard at 3 in the morning Looking at the stars.. He had been drinking earlier that evening and was arrested for drunk in public. He beat it though. But the thing is why did he have to go through it to start with... It was his yard... and he didn't have any open containers. they don't have to have prove for drunk in public just say they smelled alcohol . Which i think is wrong too. Seeing how i sound drunk when I talk. I could easily go to jail just for walking down the street.

With cases like that based on assumptions.... a good defense attorney can easily get that case thrown out or reduced to something trivial. It's best for cops to catch them in act for a slam-dunk case. Prosecutor hates working on cases with weak evidence... which is why there are plea bargain... which is why lot of DUI suspects got off with a slap on their wrists.

They don't plea bargin DUI's in the City I live in even if they know your innocent. I know this, Ive been through it..

I remember reading about one DUI who got arrested for riding his bike while drunk a few years back. He lost his driver's liscene due (does this surprise ya?) too many DWIs while driving his car.

Back