Can You Get A DUI Without Driving?

which is why that kind of medication has a warning on it and it said to not operate a machinery or drive because it will cause drowsiness.

And why most states no longer call it "driving while drunk" or driving while intoxicated", but have now started calling it "driving while impaired" or "driving under the influence." It covers those that use mood altering drugs and get behind the wheel.

Huh... dry county.... :shock:

From what I have seen and heard more people get pulled over for DUI in dry counties than in wet counties. Why? They make a beer run to the nearest wet county/beer store and they drink on the return trip. The nearest wet county to me is two counties to the east.

A lot of religious radicals have pushed for dry counties (read: SBC which is huge in these parts - no offense as I am SBC myself but I don't 100% agree with them).

Alcohol consumption is frowned upon by churgoers here (but you would be surprised at how many of them have liquor cabinets) but those that don't go to church openly drink. I'm one of these oddballs that openly drinks and also openly goes to church. No point in hiding it.

From what I have seen and heard more people get pulled over for DUI in dry counties than in wet counties. Why? They make a beer run to the nearest wet county/beer store and they drink on the return trip. The nearest wet county to me is two counties to the east.

A lot of religious radicals have pushed for dry counties (read: SBC which is huge in these parts - no offense as I am SBC myself but I don't 100% agree with them).

Alcohol consumption is frowned upon by churgoers here (but you would be surprised at how many of them have liquor cabinets) but those that don't go to church openly drink. I'm one of these oddballs that openly drinks and also openly goes to church. No point in hiding it.
Where I am from... there are no dry counties ;)

Back