Can Purple SmartVP beat Sorenson Ntouch VP?

I find it hard to believe, I have dealt for almost 6 years, and know that full screen should work with any TV. What TV that won't work? Can you take picture and have me look at it though PM?

Did you try click mode button? Or was it wide screen and you don't like see black stripes on both sides?

Black stripes both sides. However, last night during a call, it worked. The black stripes was when viewing a sign mail.

Ohhhh, that's TV related issue not NTVP itself.

VP-200 will always show black screen on sides with TV that's wide screen rather than standard square screen. NTVP has the option whether you can use wide screen or standard (IF my memory serves me right). On your TV menu, you can change aspect screen size (That is technical term to change the TV format, like standard, wide, stretch, etc).

I encourage you guys if having technical issue with VP call my former great team members, they are there to help you their VP number is 801-287-9403. They are the ones that have the latest information on technical related issues that any one of you might have.

Case like this is perfect example why people assume that VP itself is defective to begin with, and forgot that there is problems that has nothing to do with VP itself. I have seen enough for too long. And yes, I have seen those who complaining that VP has caused problem, they changed their VRS providers only to experience same problems and came back to us, usually we ended up found out bad Ethernet cable, ISP side issues that VRS companies do not have any control over, etc. I even had case where customer actually replaced VP several times and finally found the core problem was ISP after all and was able to resolved with ISP side. Other examples where customer plugged the AV cables in wrong port on back of TV (No color, just black and white) and thinks VP is no good. Nope, wrong! That person plugged in wrong AV connector, should have yellow end plugged in either Yellow ring around it OR Green/yellow. Sometimes just green one will do the trick, again nothing to do with VP but TV mis-connected.

Good news, there WILL be better days ahead for VP quality, I don't know when, but soon.

Black stripes both sides. However, last night during a call, it worked. The black stripes was when viewing a sign mail.

Last edited:
Ohhhh, that's TV related issue not NTVP itself.

VP-200 will always show black screen on sides with TV that's wide screen rather than standard square screen. NTVP has the option whether you can use wide screen or standard (IF my memory serves me right). On your TV menu, you can change aspect screen size (That is technical term to change the TV format, like standard, wide, stretch, etc).

I encourage you guys if having technical issue with VP call my former great team members, they are there to help you their VP number is 801-287-9403. They are the ones that have the latest information on technical related issues that any one of you might have.

Case like this is perfect example why people assume that VP itself is defective to begin with, and forgot that there is problems that has nothing to do with VP itself. I have seen enough for too long. And yes, I have seen those who complaining that VP has caused problem, they changed their VRS providers only to experience same problems and came back to us, usually we ended up found out bad Ethernet cable, ISP side issues that VRS companies do not have any control over, etc. I even had case where customer actually replaced VP several times and finally found the core problem was ISP after all and was able to resolved with ISP side. Other examples where customer plugged the AV cables in wrong port on back of TV (No color, just black and white) and thinks VP is no good. Nope, wrong! That person plugged in wrong AV connector, should have yellow end plugged in either Yellow ring around it OR Green/yellow. Sometimes just green one will do the trick, again nothing to do with VP but TV mis-connected.

Good news, there WILL be better days ahead for VP quality, I don't know when, but soon.

It wasn't the TV. I'm going to pay more attention to it now. I tend to use ZVRS on my computer because of the full screen. My wife uses the NTVP. I will use it some and see what's what before I can really explain what is happening. The NTVP is definitely set up for wide screen already. I have a new 13 inch flat screen TV (given to me by Sorenson last year). It's nice, but it's too small for my eyes. My wife loves it though. Anyways, if it is not working right I will be back.

Just an update: The NVP or NTVP, whichever it is called, does not do full screen. Yes, I tried the node button, but it is not really full screen. However, it is fine the way it is. THe video is very clear. I'm happy with it as it is.

I wouldn't care much about other new technology.. My wife and I still using VP-200 at home (yeah haven't updated yet, still waiting even I'm still happy with VP-200). Just like what Vampyro said, I'm satisfied with what I need on VP-200. When I got NVP at work, I just basically use for making call or received calls, I didn't pay any other attention with new features. I'm still using 2 ways VCO, I haven't tried using 1 way VCO but my wife at work use it and she did mentioned that her customer was having difficulty hearing her voice, but relay can hear it fine. So, I decided to test myself turning on 1 way VCO and will see from there on.

I heard VCO is good on Z videophones- No need for second phone.

I think it is too early to tell for sure. I haven't even got one as I already ordered one. Waiting for them to give me a call someday, who knows.

wtf? no wifi and bluetooth and no downloadable apps? they lied to everyone about the features i saw what they said at detroit deafnation expo first show of smartvp! last spring and see? i have smartvp since oct 10 th and no feature and incoming flashing no work after they left hmmm?

I heard VCO is good on Z videophones- No need for second phone.

****And I need the Z20 but when I applied, they told me Z20 is out and no longer make anymore...I am disappointed...I guess I waited "too long"...Anyone else out there that is not using their Z20? I'll take it off your hands :hmm:

wtf? no wifi and bluetooth and no downloadable apps? they lied to everyone about the features i saw what they said at detroit deafnation expo first show of smartvp! last spring and see? i have smartvp since oct 10 th and no feature and incoming flashing no work after they left hmmm?

snapshot it and show us.

make sure your smart vp is setup with port forward 43000 to 43999 to the ip address your vp is using. using static ip is a good way to prevent problems down the road. I wouldnt use wifi anyways - too much can interfere with wifi signals for video calls.
Also if you are talking about downloadable apps and wifi and bluetooth, I think you are referring to p3 on a tablet- not smartvp.

I got SmartVP, and there is no WiFi, and no blue tooth to connect to router. I would avoid both of them because they don't have priority set for video, whatever comes in first process first meaning there will be interference when your on call and other person using say tablet sending message, no WiFi can process all at same time. Even though it appears to be, but it is very fast, but not enough to keep video quality up. Hence, thats why Sorenson never wanted to try WiFi on their VP, and HOVRS did thought of that back then and realized that it is gonna affect video so they don't add them.
With Ethernet cable, anyone can configure to set VP at the highest priority to maintain highest video quality. I have done that and it works awesome. Have you heard of QOS? Check that out.

I ended up using VP-200 more often than NTouchVP and SmartVP is the least I use of all. It is all about video quality that I care more than fancy features, and with fancy features add, it only increase VP CPU process which CAN compromise video quality. That is why I love VP-200, no frills no fancy no nothing in it just making a good o'le calls.

Someday, when we get enough process power, and higher speed on network then can add feature which could not affect video quality. Its sucks today technology isn't there yet for everything.
snapshot it and show us.

I got SmartVP, and there is no WiFi, and no blue tooth to connect to router. I would avoid both of them because they don't have priority set for video, whatever comes in first process first meaning there will be interference when your on call and other person using say tablet sending message, no WiFi can process all at same time. Even though it appears to be, but it is very fast, but not enough to keep video quality up. Hence, thats why Sorenson never wanted to try WiFi on their VP, and HOVRS did thought of that back then and realized that it is gonna affect video so they don't add them.
With Ethernet cable, anyone can configure to set VP at the highest priority to maintain highest video quality. I have done that and it works awesome. Have you heard of QOS? Check that out.

I ended up using VP-200 more often than NTouchVP and SmartVP is the least I use of all. It is all about video quality that I care more than fancy features, and with fancy features add, it only increase VP CPU process which CAN compromise video quality. That is why I love VP-200, no frills no fancy no nothing in it just making a good o'le calls.

Someday, when we get enough process power, and higher speed on network then can add feature which could not affect video quality. Its sucks today technology isn't there yet for everything.

That was kind old news about WIFI. Depend what type of WIFI you talk about? A? B? G? N? AC? Wifi technology must be too complex for Sorenson to design it with right chipset, software, etc. Anything, I installed WIFI N for VP200 and quality and FPS looks exactly same as LAN. If you still have problem with WIFI then wrong setting or wrong type of WIFI.

Apple did GREAT job with WIFI for almost 10 years. I remembered Old Windows XP have issue with bluetooth and WIFI and it's keeps disconnect due interference but NO problem for Apple iBook, Macbook, iPad for millions times. No problem with WIFI and bluetooth so far. Facetimes are very popluare anywhere and super high quality via WIFI and LTE. That's why Sorenson and ZVRS picked iPad as VRS.

I use WIFI since 2000.

I did not ask you. I ask vwbug

im not talking about bluetooth conectivity to router im talking about using blue tooth headset for vco and bluetooth keyboard they did said those features hmm?

ok fyi the router was setup correctly and working on day one and never worked for incoming calls only outgoing works and u talking about downloadable apps im not talking about purple p3 im talking about apps in smart tv they did said it at detroit deafnation expo i asked them all the questions and yes they did said that and half of features doesnt exist i did find the same on on telyhd website it does have wifi and bluetooth hmm? see?
make sure your smart vp is setup with port forward 43000 to 43999 to the ip address your vp is using. using static ip is a good way to prevent problems down the road. I wouldnt use wifi anyways - too much can interfere with wifi signals for video calls.
Also if you are talking about downloadable apps and wifi and bluetooth, I think you are referring to p3 on a tablet- not smartvp.

Back