Can I sue gym?

Yeah , that is why you have to carefully read the contract and ask questions if you do not understand it . I was at a DR. office and was asked sign an agreement and I read it first. There was one clause that said 'anyone' could see our medical record, meaning any Joe Blow could walk in and just ask to see anyone medical record and read it. The woman behind the desk did not believe me until she read it herself . The DR. office had to print new agreements because they had no idea that clause was in it. People jut signing and having no idea they just allowed their next door neighbor to see their medical records. There was support to a second clause that you signs if you DID NOT want Joe Blow to see your medical record but there was none there.
:yesway: Wow, you have good eyes to catch that unacceptable clause. Some people would have missed it (including me probably LOL).

:yesway: Wow, you have good eyes to catch that unacceptable clause. Some people would have missed it (including me probably LOL).

My Dr. office missed it too. The woman that worked at the front desk was surprised the agreement was written wrong , I do have good eyes, but it take more than good eyes to understand an agreement , that is why you have to have questions before signing.

The fitness place racket. These are often lengthy contracts that make it really tough to get out of if you have some kind life changing situation. It is important to ask about that and how to end the contract before signing. They usually have away to clip you for extra bucks even if you do jump through the hoops right.
When I rehab from work injuries I sometimes use a fitness center with a doctors prescription after the physical therapist has set up a routine. It is a real money saver that way. It is a way to bypass the usual contract and be done and free when you have achieved strength, toughness, flexibility, and explosive dynamic power goals.

I'm not surprised. gym is notorious for screwing people with contracts. there's a nice gym that recently opened near my home. I went and they said 2-years contract is required. I said good bye and good riddance.

I refuse to sign up with any gym that requires that kind of membership unless it's month-to-month. It's like signing a deal with devil and you know you're gonna get screwed with some indecipherable clauses.

I am sometimes slow to learn - I got clipped twice by shyster fitness centers. The first time, this was when it less competitive out there, a signup fee was common in addition to the monthly fee plus contract. The fitness center owner must have spotted a peak money gain at the same time I paid the signup fee and took everyones money and bailed on out of town.
The next was the contract language that stipulated advance notice of 90 days before a contract could be ended. They got their 3 months of payments without my being there at all. I should have thought about the end in the beginning.
That was a long time ago, the automatic withdrawal is a common thing now, I can see them abusing it.

I'm not surprised. gym is notorious for screwing people with contracts. there's a nice gym that recently opened near my home. I went and they said 2-years contract is required. I said good bye and good riddance.

I refuse to sign up with any gym that requires that kind of membership unless it's month-to-month. It's like signing a deal with devil and you know you're gonna get screwed with some indecipherable clauses.

I heard of people signing up for a year membership at a gym then the gym when out of business. I would rather go a 'Y' and sign up for a year . I know the 'Y' is not going anywhere and as far as I know they are honest. At least they where when I was going .

Yes, if it's auto-debit, you're still obligated. An auto debit is consent for them to keep debiting you as long as you're a member. You can call or go into your bank and tell them to stop the payments to that place and they'd be stopped. This right here is profoundly annoying. Can I sue, the world is so fuc***g sue happy I swear to GOD! It just annoys the crap out of me it really does. What was the total they took? Less than $100 certainly.... and BOOM JUMP TO LAWSUIT! :roll: So friggin annoying I swear it.....

Back