can hoh people get ssdi??

Does not matter if he did not tell that he has hearing loss... SSI is still doing the hearing tests to see if that person is qualified for SSI...

That's their choice.

SSI did requested us to go to ENT and take hearing test to approve if I'm deaf, HoH or not, also I was with mother too but it does happen in last year.

Maybe I am wrong and you re right.. But I was though that must work more than 6 years then can apply it? ummm :):):)

well, I got eligible for SSDI recently, last Dec 2006, I have worked about 5 yrs altogether. And I got Dr statement my injury is damaged permanently :(

Some of my friends who are HoH informed me that they got denied from SSA's decision is because SSA believes that HOH is like a hearing people and do not need to get SSDI. HOH friends of mine said that their audiology test shows it is mild deafness but not wonderful lipreading or can hear but not understand. Some of them are very expert lipreading but not have HOH. So they did fight their rights to get through the comission at SSA. They warn me it is tough times. They did win case through the trials! They had a lawyer to sue SSA.

I applied for SSI a few months ago but was denied even though I am hard of hearing. Without hearing aids it is extremely difficult to hear other people, but with them I can do O.K. I was denied on the prospect (this is what I was told, who knows if is is true) that if I can hear with hearing aids then I am not disabled and can work, and if I can work then I don't qualify for SSI. It's a very weird, stupid system sometimes but I can understand why they would want to restrict who they give money to. It's a government organization and the government spends money like nobody's business as is, and anything they can do to limit that they probably will.

I was wodering because i am just hard of hearing and not completely deaf i applied for it before ssi and i got denied because they said i can work and i made good grades in school but they donot know all the bs i been through to get to where i am. I dont even got a degree.

The best way to go at this is to go in with an interpreter and use the interpreter for everything you do in trying to collect ssdi. They will think you're deaf and not hard of hearing if you do that.

It's not lying and its not fraud it's just a way around the system, but don't be surprised if you are outright denied in your first attempt at collecting ssdi. I had friend once who was legally blind that always walked into the social security office with her cane and dark glasses and they denied her like 3 different times -- she eventually sued.

You would be better off working or running your own business because SS loves to shove naughy letters in your mouth and they will drive you up the wall. I've been there and done that with all the bullsh*t going on from the SS agency. SS is not worth your dime to deal with, period!

Back