Can Ghosts...

For 6 years or so we lived in a condo made out of the the attic of an old gothic mansion that once was an "institute for nervous women" and still had parts and pieces of the old electroshock equipment and photos of it and the medical staff in place in the hallways. We'd heard the place was haunted and wanted SOOO much to experience it (in a good way, we hoped), but never had the good fortune. I was a beautiful place, though, in a creepy way.

I believe it can happen, but haven't experienced it

You should go to TLC's green house...I stayed there while doing my student teaching internship and there was a myth of a ghost living there. One night, I went to the basement to do my laundry and the washing machine turned on while I was in the room. It was freaky!

:giggle:

I don't think many of us will encouter a ghost sighting

then I guess it's all a hoax.... or just a silly figment of one's imagination :)

You should go to TLC's green house...I stayed there while doing my student teaching internship and there was a myth of a ghost living there. One night, I went to the basement to do my laundry and the washing machine turned on while I was in the room. It was freaky!

Seriously?! I think the Green House is the residential building that houses the child care center in the basement -- that's where Li was 4 X a week for 2 years! I've been down there sooo many times, but never at night ... I'll ask if they are still feeling haunted.

Seriously?! I think the Green House is the residential building that houses the child care center in the basement -- that's where Li was 4 X a week for 2 years! I've been down there sooo many times, but never at night ... I'll ask if they are still feeling haunted.

Yea, the first floor was for the child care. I lived on the top floor during my internship for 4 months.

There was an article in Skeptical Inquirer (CSI | Skeptical Inquirer) that showed that when most people believe they have 'experienced' a ghost, it is almost never an actual sighting. That is, most people do not claim to actually see a distinctive visual identification of a human form.

Instead, people will say that they saw a light and claim it was a human ghost. (They could be hallucinating (very common) or there could be a natural phenomenon to explain it.)

Or most frequently, they get a "feeling" and they believe that a ghost is with them. There hasn't been an actual visual sighting of a ghost, an orb or anything. It's just a "feeling".

It's comforting to a lot of people, but that doesn't mean it is real.

That's my opinion, anyway.

There were reports that we had one on one of the roads near here, but this was years ago. Now they have widened the road from a 2 lane road to an 6-8 lane divided main thoroughfare. Doubt if this ghost still walks the road now. I'm not sure if I believe or not. I have had a lot of un-explained things happen, but I just put it to being a "fluke" at the time. Like at the Deaf church this morning, we were having a lesson on Heaven vs. Hell and all of a sudden the power flicks off and on during the Hell portion. But, it only went off in the one room and blew the bulb in the projector that the laptop was hooked up to. the laptop never lost power. Only the lights and the projector. Explain that one. Even the TV in the next room stayed on and the router never lost power.

There were reports that we had one on one of the roads near here, but this was years ago. Now they have widened the road from a 2 lane road to an 6-8 lane divided main thoroughfare. Doubt if this ghost still walks the road now. I'm not sure if I believe or not. I have had a lot of un-explained things happen, but I just put it to being a "fluke" at the time. Like at the Deaf church this morning, we were having a lesson on Heaven vs. Hell and all of a sudden the power flicks off and on during the Hell portion. But, it only went off in the one room and blew the bulb in the projector that the laptop was hooked up to. the laptop never lost power. Only the lights and the projector. Explain that one. Even the TV in the next room stayed on and the router never lost power.

Very easy to explain if you have a basic understanding of electricity and electronics. Random chance will occur in such a way that once in a while, electronics will go haywire while someone says the word 'hell' or 'heaven' or 'car' or 'boat' or whatever.

Electronics fizzle once in a while, that's normal.

Somewhere in the world, amongst the world's billions and billions of humans and their millions (billions?) of meetings every day, there is a chance that the electronics will fizzle while someone is talking about 'hell'.

It doesn't mean that there is a causative effect between the two. Now if it happened every single time anyone in the entire world ever said the word 'hell' or talked about it, then I think you would be on to something.

But it never happens every single time, does it?

It fact, it will probably never happen again in that church building for the next few years, maybe even 50 years.

If it does, I'd be looking for prankster trying to scare the congregation...

I think it's just family members that have passed away. No worries here :)

A few years ago, shortly after my father's death, my mum was in bed, half asleep and she saw a calming purple light and she immediately felt her worries and fears melt away :)
I suppose it depends if you have experienced something to know if you believe in them. I haven't personally encountered a meet or witnessed something a ghost had done!

That is fantastic news!
I'm glad to hear it!
whew....

What a beautiful experience your mom had! When my mother died I was having a horrible dream and woke up to see this beautiful white light near my bed and I felt the same and drifted back off to sleep. I was half asleep as well.

It's better to have a friendly one than the other kind. Hopefully you will never have to deal with it but if you do at least you know what to do if you remember my post years from now. :giggle:

We also have experiences where our kitchen door will open all by itself. I am talking even when the deadbolt is turned, this door will open. My kids freak out big time and we just tell them that it is my father-in-law (died 6/2/2009) coming to check on MIL. Also, on my father's (died 5/26/1991) birthday (9/15), my mother got a text on her cell phone that said "Karl sends his love" and the phone number was unlisted. Karl was my father's name. My mother just about passed out. I called both brothers to ask them and they denied doing that. None of my relatives admit to doing it and they don't all have her cell number. None of the friends who knew my father have the number.

Quick Question, is it possible for ghost to lift objects? Like just right now, our internet plugged was out of the socket. My mum and I definately did not do it and the only people around are seven months old who were asleep. It's not to say there is definately a ghost but many things over the years have gone missing, even in the old house.

Interesting...
Interesting..... I never see any ghost to lift objects but my sister did heard the little girl running hall way to her bedroom then jumped on her waterbed while she was breastfeeding. Waterbed was moving. This little girl used to live in the house till she got killed by a car when she runs into the street from the house.

Quick Question, is it possible for ghost to lift objects? Like just right now, our internet plugged was out of the socket. My mum and I definately did not do it and the only people around are seven months old who were asleep. It's not to say there is definately a ghost but many things over the years have gone missing, even in the old house.

Interesting...

Ok....ok .....I admit it. I did it. Sorry about that.

yes i do believe in ghosts.. i lived in an old house (about 110 years old) and i always had the sensation that i was being watched. especially in the basement.. that's where i felt it the most

i lived in a abandoned mental hospital and Every night theres footsteps , runnings and all i stayed there 3 months, and i dont thin a hearie would stand it, but i think its just rats under the floor...

i lived in a abandoned mental hospital and Every night theres footsteps , runnings and all i stayed there 3 months, and i dont thin a hearie would stand it, but i think its just rats under the floor...
Are you sure it's abandoned? Maybe some of the patients got left behind.

j/k :giggle:

I think having rats under the floor might be worse than having ghosts! :eek3:

Well, given that ghost are fueled 100% by imagination, I'm sure you could imagine them to do anything. A simple electric plug should be no problem, IMO.

I have ghost that leaves doors open, turn on the lights at night and leaves them on, and they also leave the cabinet doors open...the typical. His name is NOBODY. Cause anytime I ask my kids who done it... they said Nobody did it. So I have named my ghost Nobody.

I have ghost that leaves doors open, turn on the lights at night and leaves them on, and they also leave the cabinet doors open...the typical. His name is NOBODY. Cause anytime I ask my kids who done it... they said Nobody did it. So I have named my ghost Nobody.

:lol:

:hmm:^^ saw on internet somewhere (think in FB) a lady has a golden labrador (US calls it yellow labs) named "Nono" LOL i can see why, "no no !" lmao

imagine that

now, what will it be worse if a Ghost called Nono? probably depends eh hmmmm:hmm:

Back