Calling all mom's

NEWIDME

Reaction score
I have a question. I think that my behavior is unique to being HOH. I have 2 babies, JJ is 4 and Ellie is 2.6. I have them in my bed. They sleep w/ me. It started when JJ was 3 months and when ellie 3 or 4 mths old. My now exhusband used to have them cry it out. But I couldn't handle that. I have them sleep w/ me in case anything happens. I wouldn't be able to hear them if they slept in the other room and cried or screamed. My ex would just let them cry. He never comforted them. So, I tell people I let them sleep w/ me because I can not hear when I take my aids out. It's okay if you are honest, I will not take offense. I just want to know if there are other mom's out there that do this because they can't hear either.

did you just say "Ellie is 2.6"?

i've never ever seen someone use decimals with age.

BUT IT'S AWESOME

Yes I did that with my two girls. One of them stopped last year when she turned 12. The other one still sleeps with me sometimes and she is 11. I have no problem with that as I feel more secure if they are in my bed with me. I dont care what other people say! I just feel safer this way. Im sure that the 11 year old will stop completely when she turns 12, wanting to be more independent but at least they know what to do if needed me.

I have a question. I think that my behavior is unique to being HOH. I have 2 babies, JJ is 4 and Ellie is 2.6. I have them in my bed. They sleep w/ me. It started when JJ was 3 months and when ellie 3 or 4 mths old. My now exhusband used to have them cry it out. But I couldn't handle that. I have them sleep w/ me in case anything happens. I wouldn't be able to hear them if they slept in the other room and cried or screamed. My ex would just let them cry. He never comforted them. So, I tell people I let them sleep w/ me because I can not hear when I take my aids out. It's okay if you are honest, I will not take offense. I just want to know if there are other mom's out there that do this because they can't hear either.

I have nine kids, and each of them slept with me most of their baby days, and I often woke up with a few of them in my bed way after that.

I was divorced then, so it made for more room:) Even now, I love to have them curl up next to me on the coach or the bed and watch a movie until we fall asleep.. Human closeness is the essence of life,,, Why not enjoy it? And I am hearing, but still I worried over what would happen if they quit breathing or were drowning in their puke or something I couldn't hear? Maybe a fire, and I couldn't find them in the smoke,,, All moms feel that way.

Yes I did that with my two girls. One of them stopped last year when she turned 12. The other one still sleeps with me sometimes and she is 11. I have no problem with that as I feel more secure if they are in my bed with me. I dont care what other people say! I just feel safer this way. Im sure that the 11 year old will stop completely when she turns 12, wanting to be more independent but at least they know what to do if needed me.

i think they already knew this about 8 years ago.

That sounds reasonable why you have them sleep with you for safety reasons. Sounds like your a protective mother and love them so, thats wonderful. When I had my two sons (babies) at first they slept with me and then later when I took a nap, lol, I held one in each arm so they couldn't sneak away from me (they were like 3 and 4) and they hated it... LOL.. this brings up sweet memories...they are 19 and 20 now.. wow ..time flies.. but back then my hearing wasn't bad,,, now it is and I would probably do the same thing you are doing, to make sure they are safe if they cry and I couldn't hear them.

There are sound/flashing monitors around ... use them, they're great.

No, I never had my babies/children sleep in our bed ... no way. They would sleep in their own rooms and leave them to cry up to a certain point where they had to be attend to.

i think they already knew this about 8 years ago.

Yes but they still preferred to sleep with me - I felt much safer this way - it sucks being a single mom, paranoid every night about my two precious girls.

Everyones entitled to their opinion - I know that this is not going to be a popular unanimous decision but what works for me, it works for me period :)

Maybe if I had a husband, it would be a different story of course but it was just 3 of us...

I do welcome my two girls sleep my king bed! anytime :D Mostly..They re sleep their own beds :D

Why didn't you buy a baby cry signaler? I had one of those and use it when they were babies and infants. But, when they were toddlers I allow them to sleep with me when they were woken up by nightmares or if there was a thunder storm, they get frighten, I let them sleep with me to feel safe. :)

Hi,

My little ones are 3 and half, 20 and half months old. When it's time for bed. It's bedtime. They need to sleep. We need our time together. I love them dearly and at the same time, they are growing into independent children. Our door is ALWAYS open. My eldest knows where to find me when she needs me. She usually sleeps in her bed unless she is sick, then she sneaks in for a bit by me before we woke up in the mornings. I don't mind that.

I try to keep them busy and fed in the evenings so they can sleep through the night comfortably. They both started to sleep thru the night after two-three months. It broke my heart to move each child out of our room, especially my first baby. The second one, had her sister to share her room with. Sometimes they just need to cry since they hardly cried their first two years. Their father loves them but he's also practical. Sometimes he steps in to make sure they are not taking advantage of me becuase I'm very nurturing with them. They go to sleep within minutes because they know what to expect when it's bedtime.

Honestly, I LOVE sleeping with my kids so we do that when we are away from home, otherwise, their own beds. I need my sleep! :fingersx:

Thanks so much for replying (and reading). IslandBreeze, I understand what you are saying about routines and knowing what to expect. Thats so important to the little ones. I love them in my bed...I used to have a king size bed but had a house fire so now I have a queen, so we are smushed now. Ah, well. I am sure it will all work itself out. oh, and 2.6 = 2 years, 6 months.

I don't sleep with my baby in bed all the time maybe once in a while but not every night. She will sleep with me for a short time, so when my daughter fell sleep, then I put her in her crib. It's also dangerous to sleep with a baby in the adult bed. I tell you why. The danger of sleeping with a baby are: Overlaying by a parent, sibling or other adult sharing the bed, Entrapment or wedging between the mattress and another object, Head entrapment in the bed railing, and suffocations on the water bed, and possibliey adult can roll over on the baby while sleeping.

My son is now 12 yrs old and he sleep in his own bed but sometimes he will sleep walk to my bed. I didnt even know about it til I wake up and saw him there. He still prefer to sleep on my bed cuz he love me and wanted to feel safe with me.

I do let my babies sleep in my bed til they fall sleep that I would carry them to their own bedroom. When my kids were babies, they sleep in their own baby crib and that I have baby crying signlar with me in my bedroom while I sleep.

But when my kids were little, they would sneak up to sleep with me bec of bad storms, if they have night mares or just want to be with me so they can feel safe.

The first one ( My daughter) she hates to sleep in her room on her own and it is very hard to break it and tell her that she need to learn to sleep in her own room. She did that since she was 3 yrs old. Til she is 8 yrs old that she finally go to her bed on her own. There are a lot of patient with kids and knowing that when they sleep with their parents that they would feel safe, want to sleep near their parents heartbeating knowing that it is safe.

But my daughter is teenager now and she sometimes would want to sneak in my bedroom just to lay by me and to tell me she loves me. My son is almost 12 and he do that, too.

I will miss my babies, when they go home tmw.. I am still trying to have faith and get lawyer to see if I am able to get full custody of them. They don't feel safe with their dad.

TJ still sleep with me since he was a baby. He doesnt like to sleep alone. he have sensory processing disorder. so when he hear stuffs his hearing get overload and he hear everything so he doesnt like it so he prefer to sleep with me so he know he is safe and protective. plus he said he love to sleep with his momma just cuz he love his momma. heh.. :)

when he is at his fathers house.. he refused to sleep in his bed alone. so he, his sister and his brother all sleep on floor or on couchs in living room and pretend it is slumber party .. he felt safe with kids there and close to him.

Back