California to ban smoking in cars with children inside

kuifje75 said:
Defee, in California, there is a smoking ban in ALL bars. In Utah, we have a strict smoking ban where people can't smoke within 25 feet of any public buildings. Is that enforceable? Probably not, but so many Utahns don't smoke anyway. In Utah, smoking in bars are allowed, but there are also "clean" bars where smoking is not allowed too.

I also think it is rude to smoke in front of others too because it makes their clothes stink too. I hate going to clubs where smoking is allowed, because I end up smelling like a cigarette. I also hate it when I wash my clothes and parents are smoking, then it stinks my clothes up again.

Yeah i heard that too, it looks its gonna happen all over the country..looks to me thats what the government's intentions are is to make people quit smoking all together cuz it costs a fortune in health care..I do worry about my husband's health cuz he smokes..he knows its bad for him and he does worry but it is very difficult to quit. I know how you feel about second hand smoke, it is disgusting and i hate it but i put up with it cuz im married to him.
It does get on your clothes, furniture and everything in the house..i ve noticed a yellowish film on tv screen, windows, appliances etc..i hate it cuz i have to clean them off all the time..ugh!...I just wish they would outlaw tobacco altogether!!..oh well, thats life when you live with a smoker..my problem i know...all i can do is to ask you all to pray for him to QUIT!! Thanks in advance!.... :(

kuifje75 said:
way to go! I remember the days when my parents would smoke in the car and me being in the back. I HATED it! I always opened window and complained to them that they endanger my health with secondhand smoking. They always roll their eyes at me, but it's true...

True, it´s the same with my parents, too. They gave me nasty laugh with roll their eyes when I complaint them over sore my eyes, also smelly, etc.

My parents in law are chain-smoker & smoking only in the kitchen with full of smoking air with my baby son... I was mad & took my baby from kitchen to outside for fresh air... I told them off for not smoke near my baby because it could affect my baby´s healthy & smell clothes... They roll their eyes & realized later through gossip that I am right.
They painted or wall-papers in the kitchen every year because of yellow color until they realized how much work so they decide to not smoke in the kitchen anymore.... We painted or wall-papers in the room at 3 years ago after 10 years... That´s why my hubby rather smoke outside to save work hard to wall paper or paint the rooms in the house...

Defee said:
The last time we were in New York, they said something about no smoking in bars!! come on, really! they have smoked and drank in bars for 1000 years! lol!
I can understand restaurants, Im glad that they banned smoking in any place where they serve food cuz its disgusting to me when smoke goes across my face when im eating!! ugh!..I dont smoke but my hubby does..he obeys the laws where they ban smoking, he has respect for others really..he is going to try to quit smoking soon..(gawd! i hope so!)..it is a very hard to quit smoking, it is very addictive worse than any illegal drugs! he knows cuz he was hooked on herion many years ago but he kicked that habit in 3 days, piece of cake but cigarettes..is very hard! strange, huh?

True,
It´s not logic to ban smoking in the bars but with resturants are the different.

coffeeeeman said:
What a waste of time for police officers.

Yeah Coffeeeeman,
It´s also waste police officer´s time to control the drugs, alcholic, mobile phone, safe belt, Shoplifing, homeless people, sex in the car, speed limit etc but it´s their duty to obey the law.
But I´m agree that smoking in the car is no good for the children´s healthy.

Last edited:
Super, I´ll forward them to my German friends. We have the law here over ban mobile phone in the car since at 2 years ago.
My schoolmate who lives in California find it´s great.

What Magatsu & Kuifje75 said are an exactly!
The smoking could be affect the children´s healthy! My hubby is light smoker but he don´t smoke in the house & car because we like to live smoke-free environment.
Alots of Germans smoke outside like my hubby! My Dad & brother gave up smoking at 10 years ago & don´t mind to offer my husband to smoke in their appartment but my hubby rather smoke outside to protect our children´s healthy. It´s also his habit to smoke outside.
We visit any resturants with non-smoking area.

Magatsu:
Yes, the Europe are very parniods to accept the foods from overseas! We don´t have American foods here. :| Of course we have Burger King, Mac Donald etc here but Americans soliders where I work told me that the taste at Burger King, Mac Donald are not the same with America. :dunno:
Maybe Kuiji75 knows about this since he was in Germany for 5 months at years ago... We better ask him...

illustrator said:
someone told me she claim saw stranger masturbate while driving. :eek:
LOL! really? what did she do? look inside his car and saw him do it? shame on her for violating his privacy!..after all its his car and what he does inside the car is nobody's business! Yeah, before you all holler, it is WRONG to do that but nobody would know if he is doing it if ya all keep your nose out of his car!
HAHAHAHAHA

VamPyroX said:
What's next? Illegal to pick our noses while driving?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I don´t think it´s illegal to pick our noses in the car since you post the thread at few weeks ago that it´s healthy.... remember ??? :rofl:

i smoked but i quitted it was 2 weeks cuz of i had reasons.. i feel better lots...:)

also, whenever i got car or truck, i am strict abt not allow anyone smoke in my car or truck cuz of it will stink inside, i dont wanna that!!!

No smoking 25 feet from intrance is kinda dumb bec the ashtray is set up exactly 25 feet from the door so people gather there more than before and I still gotta go threw it to get inside.

I think it's a good idea -- I don't smoke in my car when I have kids and any non-smoking adults. My husband quit smoking 2 years ago and being an ex smoker, he's the worse...nag...nag about the smoke and all. :roll:

Back