buying a back up adapter in case D-link adapter goes bad?

Buffalo

Reaction score
Where can I find a compatible adapter for my VP? I got my VP hooked up less than a month and the D-link went bad. The Sorensen Tech said that they will mail me a new one (5 to 7 days). I thought it was a bad idea to wait for it if I am running a home business hence my looking for a compatible adapter as a back up. I don't have my business just yet.

Where can I find a compatible adapter for my VP? I got my VP hooked up less than a month and the D-link went bad. The Sorensen Tech said that they will mail me a new one (5 to 7 days). I thought it was a bad idea to wait for it if I am running a home business hence my looking for a compatible adapter as a back up. I don't have my business just yet.

What adapter?

Which router or switch or modem you talk about?

You can buy any router with d-link brand from anywhere shop then call to Sorensen support for teach you how to set up the setting for router.

Switch, It's plug to go, no set up need.

Modem, Call to ISP for troubleshooting.

Since it seems The Highlander misunderstood your question.. I'll give it a go.

I'm assuming that you're using a VP-200 since you called Sorenson Tech Support, and you didn't mention them wanting to replace a VP-100..

Most any older D-Link power supply will work with the VP-200. The newer ones (ie...DIR series) will not work since they changed the size of the plug.

The older D-Link power supply specs are:

INPUT: 100-120V-0.4A, 50-60Hz
OUTPUT: +5.0V - 2.5A

This is the one you should be looking for.

My D-link reads INPUT: 100-120V - 50-60Hz, 0.3A LF
OUTPUT: +5.0V 2.0A

It is for VP 200 (not for the router but for the black box with camera eye)

I have tried Radio Shack, they told me that they don't carry that kind and that I should try the Ultimate Electronics. The Ultimate Electronics don't carry them. That is why I thought I would try you guys, hoping you might have an answer for me.

My Sorenson installer did texted me for ask me a question about VP-200 adapter plan to upgrade a new VP-200 adapter during recalled or worn out or burn out something, I don't know what was going on. I told installer mine is fine and no plm.

I have tried Radio Shack, they told me that they don't carry that kind and that I should try the Ultimate Electronics. The Ultimate Electronics don't carry them. That is why I thought I would try you guys, hoping you might have an answer for me.
you are talking about the AC adapter. What I can tell you is to be careful because they are not all created equal (even if it fits) and you can cause damage to your equipment if you select the wrong one. In addition to the voltage requirement you also have to know the polarity. The barrel connector on the adapter is charged in the center with either positive or negative assuming this is an AC adapter and not a converter. My expert advice to you would be to contact the Vendor of the video phone and supply them with the model number in order to get a back up adapter. Otherwise you need to know the polarity and AC rating and the barrel size in order to get a proper match. Another alternative is to bring your existing adapter to an electronics store and hopefully they can match them up. Either way, all the best!

It's call power supply or power adapter. Please use "power adapter" for next time. The "adapter" is almost everything like wireless, networking, cable, power,plug, etc that confused me.

Here a link for your VP200's power adapter.

D-Link AF1205-B AF1205B AC / DC power adapter (equiv) - LCDPayless.com

you are talking about the AC adapter. What I can tell you is to be careful because they are not all created equal (even if it fits) and you can cause damage to your equipment if you select the wrong one. In addition to the voltage requirement you also have to know the polarity. The barrel connector on the adapter is charged in the center with either positive or negative assuming this is an AC adapter and not a converter. My expert advice to you would be to contact the Vendor of the video phone and supply them with the model number in order to get a back up adapter. Otherwise you need to know the polarity and AC rating and the barrel size in order to get a proper match. Another alternative is to bring your existing adapter to an electronics store and hopefully they can match them up. Either way, all the best!

No worry about that. I posted a link that it's exactly same output voltage and output amp.

Since it seems The Highlander misunderstood your question.. I'll give it a go.

I'm assuming that you're using a VP-200 since you called Sorenson Tech Support, and you didn't mention them wanting to replace a VP-100..

Most any older D-Link power supply will work with the VP-200. The newer ones (ie...DIR series) will not work since they changed the size of the plug.

The older D-Link power supply specs are:

INPUT: 100-120V-0.4A, 50-60Hz
OUTPUT: +5.0V - 2.5A

This is the one you should be looking for.

VP200 is 5V-2.0A. I don't recommend this power supply since it's .5A more than VP200's spec.

Thanks, guys! I knew I would find an answer from AD. Has anyone bought a D-link online and used it for the VP? Any problem?
I planned on asking the Sorensen tech guys to double check it before I order one.

No worry about that. I posted a link that it's exactly same output voltage and output amp.
and what about the polarity? You didn't mention if the polarities matched. That could cause damage if they don't. I do agree though if Buffalo has a D-Link AF1205-B AF1205B VP then yes that adapter is an equiv.

no difference
if 5V 10A work fine

if 5V 2.5A fine

if 5V 1A wont work too low amps
you need to be real careful when changing the amp ratings. If you go in the wrong direction you can create a fire hazard. My strong advice is to stick with the OEM specifications.

and what about the polarity? You didn't mention if the polarities matched. That could cause damage if they don't. I do agree though if Buffalo has a D-Link AF1205-B AF1205B VP then yes that adapter is an equiv.

All polarity should be same due plug type.

99% of outside of plug are ground. Nothing to worry about that. I repaired power plug and power socket for many times and I noticed all of plug's outside are ground. It's make sense to me. DMM is my best friend. I always double check before I plugged.

All polarity should be same due plug type.

99% of outside of plug are ground. Nothing to worry about that. I repaired power plug and power socket for many times and I noticed all of plug's outside are ground. It's make sense to me. DMM is my best friend. I always double check before I plugged.
Not true. The polarity is different and if you cross it you can cause damage and potentially a fire. If you change the amp rating in the wrong direction you can also cause damage or fire. I am not here to argue with you about facts that I know. I am not saying you don't have experience but I am saying that you are playing around with something that can cause damage fire and personal injury or death (in the event of electric shock or fire) and to me, that is something you dont' want to mess around with. Especially when it is easy to get the right power adapter for the device in question. There should be no guess work here.

Back