Bush or Kerry? And WHY?

Gatorboy00

Reaction score
I want to know who you guys will vote for and WHY. Maybe some of us have positives or negatives about either candidate.

Here's mine!

Kerry

Con-Wants to raise taxes, and cut funding to our Armed Forces!

Con-Wants to take down Homeland Security, believing it is a waste of money!

Bush

Pro-Made a new security system called "Homeland Security" for our land.

Pro-Doing allright with America.

Pro-Destroying terrorism as we speak right now.

Con-War on Iraq causes high gas prices.

Think about this, Who do you think Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, and other terrorists want to vote for?

That's my opinion! I might add more later on.

Also, If you are saying George W. Bush is not for supporting the ADA or the Deaf community, that's BULL! A few years ago, he proposed to pay $880 millions dollar to ADA to help the deaf people and the disabled people to get the equipments we need! Also, you know how George W. Bush is just like his father? Well, George Bush (the father) wrote a letter to Gallaudet during the DPN rally and encouraged the Board to appoint a deaf president! Now that's someone who I want to run our country!

The only reason that they want to cut Closed Caption is because a bunch of people decides it, not Bush! Beside, it's only to 200 T.V. shows. Most of them, we don't even watch! The ones that we do watch is still captioned because their network (FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC) is paying for it. They knows that the FCC have a new law that ALL shows on TV must be captioned by January 1, 2006!

So in summary, I believe the people who cut the closed captions to 200 TV shows knows about the new FCC law so they cut some to get more money for other important stuffs than giving us more taxes.

No one care to debate over Bush or Kerry? Come on, y'all! You know you want to debate!

Hmm... It seems like I'm the only one who is doing all the debate. My guess is that nobody have anything positive to say about Kerry. Yet, I see so many Kerry voters on this board.

I already said my Piece about Bush .. But, Since you are a new Member I will tell u how I feel...

Since President Bush took office, the cost of a public college education has jumped by 28 percent. That's a $1,032 increase -- the highest tuition increase on record. Now for George Bush, this wasn't a problem. His folks weren't exactly scraping to get by. But today, because of him, too many of us are. Back in the 2000 campaign, he said he was going to create jobs. He's lost them. He said he was going to protect our environment. He's polluted it.
He said he was going to leave no child behind. Our schools are cash-starved, overcrowded, and failing. He said he was going to have a humble foreign policy. He's alienated nearly every one of our allies He said he was going to bring fiscal responsibility to Washington. He's turned record surpluses into record deficits. For three long years, President Bush has taken our country in one direction, the wrong direction!! :crazy:

Having Kerry running for president He Might want to turn America around. Thats What we need...We need a president who can bring a lifetime of leadership experience to put America back on top again.. Someone who doesn't just talk the talk, but walks the walk. Kerry's vision of the requirements for a successful occupation. John Kerry laid out his comprehensive strategy to win the peace in Iraq while reducing the costs and risks to the United States...

That is Why I am Voting for Kerry.. Bush refuses to give Americans what they deserve: an honest, open discussion about America's future! He kept Lying and I am Tired of it. Bush needs to go back to Texas where he belongs and stay there.

Glad to see someone joining this debate! Anyway, you have a good point there, but think about it. If 9/11 never happened, all of this won't happen. Bush did a great job getting America running again after the 9/11 thing. The 9/11 is the main reason for the finanical shortage we have right now.

By the way, I'm not a new member, lol. Just a old one who haven't visited this board for a long time.

9/11 has not been solved yet.. Bush did not find what he was suppose to be looking for... It is not Over yet.... Over the past two and a half years, there has been a noticeable truth vacuum in Washington D.C. was to hear Clarke says, “Your government failed you, those entrusted with protecting you failed you, and I failed you. We tried hard, but that doesn't matter because we failed.”

Last edited:
POLITICS!! yay! the age old subject that is sure to inflame passions.
should i don my flame-resistant suit? sure!

Taxes:
To correct an issue, kerry wants to raise taxes FOR THE RICH, and CUT them for the middle class.

While bush? cutting taxes is a solution for everything.
want to cool down a hot economy? cut taxes.
want to heat up a cold economy? cut taxes.
want to deal with a surplus? cut taxes.
want to deal with a budget deficit? cut taxes.
Bush hasn't flip floped at all, he has been persistent in his behavior, despite giving different reasons for it, even if the new reasons contradict his previous ones. (eerily similar to his behavior with Iraq).

Please note that the majority of his tax cuts have been mainly for the rich, and the tax cuts that have been for the middle class have more than been made up by the higher state and local taxes because of bankrupt state governments. (which is almost every state)

I don't actually know kerry's position on 'homeland security'. But I do know that NOTHING was changed with the formation of that department. Its just throwing every 'domestic security' groups under one umbrella. Note that this reorganization will cost these groups time and focus that they need for other matters. Also note that Bush originally opposed the formation of this department. It isn't a pro on his side because of that.

Bush:
Terrorism cons:
-- is currently accused of ignoring terrorism threats before 9/11

-- he was scheduled to read to students on 9/11. He was apparently informed of the first attack before stepping in the classroom. He did nothing, and continued with the photo-op. He was later informed of the second plane hitting the WTC. He continued the photo-op, sitting and reading to kids for another twenty minutes. Note that only the president could authorize fighter jets to be flown to protect domestic skies. He willingly chose to IGNORE the threat and was not available to deal with it. This alone is the most chilling statement against Bush. While he may or may not have prevented the second tower from being hit, he did not deal with the problem AT ALL. This was his real test of being against terrorism. He failed. period. want to argue? some links and info...
article summarizing Bush's day
flash video showing events.. alarmist, but gets events correct.
What chills me now is that he is currently stating that 'if i knew that planes would attack, i would have done something'. He knew that day. He had the opportunity to do something that day. He didn't.

- was MIA as a leader during rest of 9/11, flying all over the US for 'security reasons', was not present to calm nation that day. Guilani was the guy people actually looked at as a leader that day.

-- initially refused to allow a panel on 9/11.
-- initially refused to allow public statements by members of his cabinet on 9/11
-- refuses to publicly testify on 9//11

- Deployed army groups AWAY from bin laden in favor of finding Saddam and WMD. dropped ball AWAY from terror, and in favor of invading a nation.
Allowed Al queda time to regroup, and attack AGAIN. (in spain, remember?)
-- passed laws violating civil rights for 'security reasons', breaking most of the bill of rights in the process. (free speech, requirement for warrants, right to due process, to public trials, to trial by jury... thats 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th) please note that I'm referring to the "PATRIOT" act, which applies to americans, not the 'enemies' imprisoned in cuba, which is a different issue.
- Caused one of the largest series of protests worldwide against invading Iraq, and alienated almost every nation with his insistence on an Iraq invasion, nation that previously were strongly supportive of the US due to 9/11.
-- scrapped plans for occupation of iraq. Had no plans in place when they went in. Allowed riots to occur, left many without power or water for many months. Rebuked the UN when they wanted to come in to restore order. Set a date for 'transfer of power', but recently admitted he has no clue who they will transfer power to.
- Iraq contracts scandals with a corporation that formerly employed the VP. (note that cheney gets a 'severance check' equal to his VP salary from this company every year. )
-- stated 'bring it on' towards opposition in iraq. hundreds of americans have died since this statement.

Economic cons:
-- refused to interfere with energy problems in california, problems that left CA. billions in the hole, without power, and stemmed in part from power manipulations from energy corps like enron. Please note that california has enormous economic influence in america, and they were thrown to the wolves.
-- met in secret with top officials from energy corporations including enron to set his energy policy. did not meet with any others (ie, environmentalists, consumer groups). refuses to make information of these meetings public.
-- Passed several 'unfounded mandates' that required states to pay for new federal rules. (like 'no child left behind', increased terrorism security, etc)
To repeat, the states are bankrupt. this has made it worse.
-- passed tax cuts previously mentioned. Caused government to go from slight surplus to the WORST deficit its ever been in. (adding programs and refusing to pay for them does that)

missing a lot, but theres problems with SEC head, unwillingness to go after corporate corruption, closeness with corrupt businessmen (enron), rejection of advice from economic advisors against tax cuts (greenspan, treasury people), refusal to provide cost estimates for military actions, and... should I go on?

oh.. bush praise? It is known as the kiss of death for any program. He has quite often proposed something, or praised something, and then cut funding. Americorps, 'no child left behind', voting reforms, and NASA are a few examples. I don't know anything about funding for ADA, but i wouldn't be surprised that the same thing is the case.

I think I've ranted too long, but a quick summary here. Bush has done A LOT wrong, and caused a lot of problems. there are many people who simply want 'anybody but Bush'. Kerry might have his problems, but the problem with Bush is much larger.

Do you think Rich People have enough money Even If Kerry Raise their Taxes?

They are already Rich what harm would it do for them if the taxes will raise?

And Good Points bree, But, Now who are u voting for?

Bree, I am truly humbled by your comments. Now it's making me thinking on the other side. However, I still believe that Bush really did his best to get America up and running after 9/11. He even flew to Iraq in the middle of the war just to spent Thanksgiving with the soldiers. Name one president who flew into war just to have dinner with the soldiers?

Gatorboy00 said:
Bree, I am truly humbled by your comments. Now it's making me thinking on the other side. However, I still believe that Bush really did his best to get America up and running after 9/11. He even flew to Iraq in the middle of the war just to spent Thanksgiving with the soldiers. Name one president who flew into war just to have dinner with the soldiers?

Thanks for the compliment. I do agree that Bush did take some initial steps towards fighting back at terrorism. Unfortunately, he dropped the ball just as the going went tough. What happens in Afghanistan now? No American cares any longer. Where's the terrorists? Its been three years, and bin Laden is not only free, he has been releasing statements to the media.
The fight against terror requires cooperation worldwide. But by alienating other countries, that ball is dropped. Iraq safety and security? thousands have died from attacks in the last month. Hostages have been taken, and new bombs attacks have occurred.
If anything, our safety has decreased since Iraq was invaded.
And as somewhat of an answer to your question about going into war, Eleanor Roosevelt toured warzones during WWII. I believe FDR did too, but I can't confirm that.
Bush was in no danger, though. it wasn't a real 'warzone' by thanksgiving, but rather an occupied Iraq. Deaths since then have all effectively been terrorist attacks.

Last edited:
bree said:
Thanks for the compliment. I do agree that Bush did take some initial steps towards fighting back at terrorism. Unfortunately, he dropped the ball just as the going went tough. What happens in Afghanistan now? No American cares any longer. Where's the terrorists? Its been three years, and bin Laden is not only free, he has been releasing statements to the media.
The fight against terror requires cooperation worldwide. But by alienating other countries, that ball is dropped. Iraq safety and security? thousands have died from attacks in the last month. Hostages have been taken, and new bombs attacks have occurred.
If anything, our safety has decreased since Iraq was invaded.
And as somewhat of an answer to your question about going into war, Eleanor Roosevelt toured warzones during WWII. I believe FDR did too, but I can't confirm that.
Bush was in no danger, though. it wasn't a real 'warzone' by thanksgiving, but rather an occupied Iraq. Deaths since then have all effectively been terrorist attacks.

I see... :|

Is there any positive thing about Bush? What about the ADA issue? What about the gas price? What is Kerry's plan on the ADA and the gas price? I heard Kerry wants to raise gas tax, and I don't think I want to be paying over 2 bucks per gallon for the next 4 years. It's $1.74 down here in Florida.

Last edited:
Gatorboy00 said:
I see... :|

Is there any positive thing about Bush? What about the ADA issue? What about the gas price? What is Kerry's plan on the ADA and the gas price? I heard Kerry wants to raise gas tax, and I don't think I want to be paying over 2 bucks per gallon for the next 4 years. It's $1.74 down here in Florida.

I'm biased against Bush, obviously.
ADA is a law, so Bush or Kerry have to follow that law. The only problem with the ADA is how it would be enforced. Thats the Justice Department's role. While Bush isn't directly responsible for this, he is responsible for selecting who runs the department. Ashcroft is now the head of the justice department, and many disability groups dislike him because of his stance on the ADA. Keep in mind that Conservatives usually oppose the ADA, and Bush has been stocking most of the government with very conservative appointments. If you heard about the nomination of judge Sutton, you see an (extreme) example of appointments that oppose the ADA.

As for gas prices, I view the price increases as extremely odd. Bush used to run an oil company. Cheney ran an oil equipment company. Many of their cabinet members are also from the industry. And gas prices are high. Related, I don't know. but Bush should have the knowledge from his experience to regulate oil prices appropriately. Weirdest thing is that its standard practice to 'loosen' the oil stockpiles in the Federal Petroleum Reserve when gas prices jump up. This hasn't happened this time. Kerry has been beating Bush up on that fact.

Raising gas taxes is not part of Kerry's platform at all. Bush has been using 'raise gas taxes' as part of his multi-million advertising blitz against Kerry. Apparently, Kerry never did vote for higher gas taxes, but its easy to take his actions out of context. Congress votes on hundreds of things every year, and often on bills that are very complex. Highlighting one vote in Congress isn't always a clear indicator of a person's actions, yet the Bush campaign has been using them to show what they want.

i thought raising a gas-tax is based on state's indviudally not federal.. so its nothing with the president. but they do have taxes on export, imports that's federal related.

Someone once said about the economy being a separate entity by itself, and I think I agree. The economy lives on itself, and I would not blame any President although they can do something to help it.

With that being said - I choose Kerry because he is the lesser of two evils, when compared with Bush. Well, I meant that figuratively. :) Politicians still scare me.

Here is his take on issues:
http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/

What Bush does might be fit for a specific group, but it doesn't address many diverse groups and issues in America. I am sure Bush is a good man, and he's doing what he believes to be right. But the reality is that he has different priorities from mine. Probably some of yours, too. That is the reason I would consider Kerry seriously.

One thing that some of you may be interested about Kerry - Kerry wants to make college more affordable for all Americans. http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/college/index.html

Another good thing about Kerry's focus on issues - is that he is a big supporter of women and workers. GLBT is given support as well. Native Americans, too! Nurses, even... small businesses, technology, trade, veterans, crime, energy environment, Iraq etc. Oh about Iraq, Kerry is willing to help out with Iraq but would make a different plan - and this would be with international cooperation instead of proceeding with Bush's plans that are costing the taxpayers a pretty dime. http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/iraq/

The problem is that we need to make sure Kerry follows out with his grand vision - and also make sure the Congress cooperates. It could be possible that he is trying, but some members in the Congress won't agree to get it passed. So how can we put so much power on one man - when we can help that man more? Bottom line. :) I hope the Republicans like Kenneth Starr won't suck more money from the taxpayers to try finding silly affairs which should have stayed private business, and let Hillary Clinton sue her own husband for adultery instead of USA. :fu2:

So how can y'all ensure that such a silly but draining thing won't happen to distract us from working on the real issues?? I know.. I'm just frustrated. I don't wanna see this as a popularity contest. Know what I mean?

Keep on debatin' different opinions or same opinions or whatever :)

I chose kerry cuz really bush didn't do anything good for USA simple he just robbed our freedom for USA and what more... he don't show respect for the whole usa just for texas.. :roll: blah.. one thing I just wish he never decided to have war with iraq then people won't be dead today but look at many people had gave up their life to fight against iraq but now look.. he decided to extend army to stay there longer they were supposed to come home this month but nope.. :roll: I won't be surpirsed if more decides to quit army if nothing never changes for usa... and about 9/11 i felt betrayed cuz he knew about it b4 9/11 he was infomed about it a month before it happened.. what more (pardon me if I go off topic here) but CIA knew about it like 6 years before 9/11... yep in 1995.. I found out about it in sbc news I was like :shock: damn.. really I don't care about anything about president cuz really they do lie to be president that's all I know.. but it wud be a nice change if we ever have a woman running for president of usa one day to come

it has been said that bush has ben wanting to go to war with iraq since before 9/11 happened. he went to war with no solid, concrete reasons... sure, maybe he was afraid iraq was harboring nuclear weapons but he didn't take the time to actually sit down calmly and discuss it with the whole government there or whatever and the UN. he went to war aganist the UN's wishes. this war is 100% unnecessary. my dad is living there right now and he said that it's all ruins right now. the iraqian newspapers say that american help is not necessary, and some said that it wasn't appreciated. and think about this-gas prices right now are at their all time high in the past 13 years- when bush's father was president. i say kerry. he stopped the 'nam war.. well he at least went to the senate and told them that the war was wrong. and he's very down to earth, and has a lot of concrete ideas that i agree with.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i thought raising a gas-tax is based on state's indviudally not federal.. so its nothing with the president. but they do have taxes on export, imports that's federal related.

Actually gas taxes are made up of two parts, FEDERAL and STATE taxes. In Utah, I think 42.9 cents (24.5 cents state and 18.4 cents federal) are imposed by both Utah and the Federal government. Not sure...

I don't like what John Kerry's way. It seem that he keep change his mind alot. :crazy:

And it's impossible to undo with Iraq war. I don't think Kerry will handle that.

John Kerry claim said that he was solider hero in Vietnam in campigan.

"Solider hero doesn't make a better president of US" - JFK

Back