Bullying an 11 yr old boy, killed himself.

I dont have a choice due to financial reasons. If I could move, I would. But until I can get a good paying job with stable income then I'll start looking into getting an apartment near my university. With the current economy, the most I've been able to find are part-time jobs, but there is a chance that I may be getting a full-time job soon, I just need some prayer and some stroke of good karma.

Well, you do need to get yourself out of the south . . . shoot, they're still fighting the civil war and not with the times.

Plus, Arkansas is a right to work state, so they won't pay you or anyone what the employee wants, by no means.

And just because you have met some cruel prejudiced bastards in your life doesn't mean that those cruel prejudiced bastards were sociopaths. In fact, sociopaths are so proficient at portraying themselves as fine, likeable, upstanding, hardworking citizens that you would not even recognize them as sociopathic. That is a feature of the disorder. It is how they get away with their behavior for such a long time. In fact, those cruel prejudiced bastards you speak of normally don't even meet the criteria for a diagnosable mental illness.
Excuse me while I laugh.
I do know what you're talking about.......and that can be true. Heck my jr high gym teacher was a sociopath. (used his persona to have sexual relations with girls) But at the same time, it does seem like a lot of the sociopaths emit an aura of creepiness (for example my jr high gym teacher gave me the CREEPS) or can really be incredibily cruel to the right people.(ie their victims)
Like they act all normal and charming to most people, but to their victims they fucking torment them. I also think some people can pick up that they are not exactly the best people in the world.
And trust me.......the cruel prejudicated bastards who I have known in my life WERE sociopaths. They acted all charming etc, but b/c they percied me as weak or a victim they unleashed all their bastarday on to me.
Exactly the way that dude from Austia, Fritzl convinced everyone he was an OK dude, but was in actucality raping his own daughter!

Well, you do need to get yourself out of the south . . . shoot, they're still fighting the civil war and not with the times.

Plus, Arkansas is a right to work state, so they won't pay you or anyone what the employee wants, by no means.

Your comment is sour to southerners, including me.

That's not always true because every workplace has different way, depends on job categories, such as retail has heavily right to work and right to work isn't really bad thing.

Would it be apt to say that some sociopaths are 'functional serial killers' (and vice versa)?

How do you know? Your comment is a joke, really. I understand where Dixie is coming from. I can relate to her. With her limited financial resources, she has to try to get a good paying job there, then she would move out.

Obviously, you show your poor judgement. :roll:

Excuse me while I laugh.
I do know what you're talking about.......and that can be true. Heck my jr high gym teacher was a sociopath. (used his persona to have sexual relations with girls) But at the same time, it does seem like a lot of the sociopaths emit an aura of creepiness (for example my jr high gym teacher gave me the CREEPS) or can really be incredibily cruel to the right people.(ie their victims)
Like they act all normal and charming to most people, but to their victims they fucking torment them. I also think some people can pick up that they are not exactly the best people in the world.
And trust me.......the cruel prejudicated bastards who I have known in my life WERE sociopaths. They acted all charming etc, but b/c they percied me as weak or a victim they unleashed all their bastarday on to me.
Exactly the way that dude from Austia, Fritzl convinced everyone he was an OK dude, but was in actucality raping his own daughter!

You know, you really do need to stop making a diagnosis on people when you do not have the expertise nor the qualifications to do so. You are stating that your high school teacher was a sociopath without one degree of evidence that it is true. In fact, being "cruel and prejudiced" is not contained in the diagnostic criteria anywhere for a diagnosis of sociopathic disorders. You are simply using a diagnosable mental illness to describe behaviors that you find objectionable, and this is a misrepresentation. So say what is accurate...you have met some cruel and prejudiced people and your high school teacher happens to be one of them. No way does that confirm a diagnosis of mental illness.

Would it be apt to say that some sociopaths are 'functional serial killers' (and vice versa)?

Yes, that would be a correct statement. However, serial killers also fall at the extreme end of the disorder.

However, this thread is about to be derailed, because we are discussing the effects of bullying. I just could not allow the term sociopath to be thrown around incorrectly and as a descriptive for a person who is perceived to be cruel and prejudiced.

How do you know? Your comment is a joke, really. I understand where Dixie is coming from. I can relate to her. With her limited financial resources, she has to try to get a good paying job there, then she would move out.

Obviously, you show your poor judgement. :roll:

Also Pek1 don't respect to any southerners either.

Dixie is man.

Hey.

Being mean or aggressive does not always mean to be rude or violence, or whatever. It can be positive.

For example: When someone try to give me the drugs, I said no. They will be impressed that I am staying clean. Since I am staying clean, they will be jealous of me and I decide to stay away from them and express to someone how I feel about them. Later, I will be surprised that they will want to quit drugs and stay clean just like me.

I learn my own reflection from my experiences.

In fact, being "cruel and prejudiced" is not contained in the diagnostic criteria anywhere for a diagnosis of sociopathic disorders. You are simply using a diagnosable mental illness to describe behaviors that you find objectionable, and this is a misrepresentation. So say what is accurate...you have met some cruel and prejudiced people and your high school teacher happens to be one of them. No way does that confirm a diagnosis of mental illness.

Well first of all, I never said that my jr high school gym teacher was "cruel and prejudicated."
I'm aware of the DSM dx. The people I have mentioned were pretty much emoitional sociopaths. Like they weren't nessarily the type of kids who would be seen at a reform school.......but they were kids who might be seen in programs for kids with behavoiral/emotional issues. (although they weren't since my school had basicly no special ed support)
And while they weren't "gang members" or juvenile delinquints, they still indulged in cold calculating behavoirs. The behavoirs weren't nessarily 'grounds for arrest" but they were still really screwed up.
One of the criteria for dx is: Apparent lack of remorse[4] or empathy; inability to care about hurting others......*ding ding ding* we have a winner.
They didn't meet the criteria for classic sociopathy no.....but they did for emotional sociopathy.

Well first of all, I never said that my jr high school gym teacher was "cruel and prejudicated."
I'm aware of the DSM dx. The people I have mentioned were pretty much emoitional sociopaths. Like they weren't nessarily the type of kids who would be seen at a reform school.......but they were kids who might be seen in programs for kids with behavoiral/emotional issues. (although they weren't since my school had basicly no special ed support)
And while they weren't "gang members" or juvenile delinquints, they still indulged in cold calculating behavoirs. The behavoirs weren't nessarily 'grounds for arrest" but they were still really screwed up.
One of the criteria for dx is: Apparent lack of remorse[4] or empathy; inability to care about hurting others......*ding ding ding* we have a winner.
They didn't meet the criteria for classic sociopathy no.....but they did for emotional sociopathy.

Kids with behavioral/emotional issues are not sociopaths. Really, DD, if you want to dx people, go to school, get the education, and the the license and credentials to do so. You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to dx. One of the criteria...that shows just how much misinformation you are spreading here. There are many criteria that must be met for a dx, not one criterion. For you to call a person a sociopath based on a single criterion is like me calling you delusional based on the fact that you feel qualified to dx people.

Not to mention which, your judgemental attitude toward those that do suffer from a diagnosable mental illness is very annoying and rude.

stuck up.

Also Pek1 don't respect to any southerners either.

Dixie is man.

They don't give people a reason to respect them, Foxrac. They're still fighting a war that's been over for about 200 years. :roll: I know quite a few southerners, but they're not originally from that part of the country. There are parts of that side of the US that I think are nice, but humid weather during the summer just doesn't do anything for me. Know what I mean?

People that bullies others, Have no compassion. I am speaking from experience. I got involved with the wrong crowd once.

I am still ashamed of myself. I was only 13, I helped a group of girls to pick on someone before.

After that night. I felt so sick to my stomach, felt guilty. The next day I went and aplogized to that girl. I ended up getting ganged up on. and picked on.

I just started 7th grade. I will never forget this. I told them they were nothing but a bunch of wimps.. and I would get them one at a time.

and I did...

Got in a lot of trouble during that time. But hell! They quit picking on me, and the other girl after that.

I have a conscious. I know the different from right and wrong.... It was so wrong...

Bullies to me have no compassion for another... due to they have never been shown compassion.

It's funny that you should mention your own experience, Babyblue. When I was in seventh grade, I splashed water deliberately at a mentally retarded girl and the mother chided me once. After that, I never did it again and I never forgot that experience and even remember what the girl looked like.

If you and everyone else can believe it, last week after reading that article, I went on a search engine that I used to use for skiptracing at a financial company I worked at to look for the boy and girl (brother and sister) who picked on me in seventh grade. I found him, but not her. I wrote a very nice letter to him and asked if his wife and her husband (and their kids) knew what kind of people they were in junior high. At no time did I show disrespect to him or use inappropriate language, although I would be justified in using it. But, what would the purpose serve? Would he continue reading it or just throw it in the trash? Who knows, both he and his sister could have made life changes and were no longer like that and hoped for the day to receive a letter like that (with a copy of the article) in the mail to ease their consciences.

Do I expect an answer from him? No, although I used my real name and my mailing address on the envelope. What did I gain in the process? The feeling of being hurt (repeatedly by a bully and his sister for an entire school year) and bad feelings toward him released. Is all forgiven toward them? Yes. With no strings attached.

That, Babyblue, is called GRACE.

You're right about us being a right-to-work state. The only reason anyone pays more than minimum wage here is to entice people to come do a job they normally would not do otherwise. Money seems to be a pretty good motivator, especially in this rural area.

BTW - the last time I checked, I was a woman.

As for racial tensions here in the southland, there are still racist people that are narrowminded, but there are many however that have moved away from that. I was raised in a non-racist household that put an emphasis on treating EVERYONE with respect.

To prove my point, there is a small church about 15 miles from my house that still believes that dancing is a sin. Seriously.

Back