Bully in school.

Babyblue

Reaction score
Today my daughter came to me. Told me she has a girl that is twice her size bullying her.

Apparently, she pushed my daughter down in the Cafeteria today. Causing her to fall and hit the back of her head on the rail. The onlookers laughed. She was so humiliated. She did not tell a teacher of what occurred. Instead she came home and told me what happened. I called the school and made a complaint. They told me they will deal with the situation in the A.M.

Now this girl has been picking on her since day one of school. I just found this out today. Heartbroken, that my child stayed silent about this. I asked her why she did not tell a teacher or me when this first started. She told me she figured the girl would get bored with her and leave her alone. Then I asked her why she did not report it to the teacher when the girl pushed her down. She said she was too humiliated and that she feels the teachers will not do anything about it.

I am hoping the school will deal with the bully in the manner it needs to be. So I am waiting to find out what type of consequences the girl will face. It really irks me that this happened at school. Not one teacher saw her get knocked down in the cafeteria. Not one person intervened. She had a couple of friends that helped her up. but other that that. NO ONE said anything.

I had a long heart to heart talk with my daughter. She will tell the Dean everything tomorrow on what has been going on.

Hi!

I am sorry to hear what your daughter have gone thru and I am sure it has been so stressful for you. Hopefully the said bully will be dealt properly with your satisfaction.

Hi!

I am sorry to hear what your daughter have gone thru and I am sure it has been so stressful for you. Hopefully the said bully will be dealt properly with your satisfaction.

Thanks.

I hope so too. If not, then I will take it to the next level. No one deserves to be bullied. Especially a child at school.

I asked her why she did not tell a teacher or me when this first started. She told me she figured the girl would get bored with her and leave her alone.

I can understand your daughter's POV. I once told my dad about being bullied (no physical agression) and his reply was: "Igore them and they will tired of it". Ya think? No, they didn't. Until the day they pushed me in the staircase and I fell down and cratched my entire knee open (I still have a scar today) and ended up in hospital with several bruises...

No I didn't tell my dad about their bullying because I didn't want them to make more fun of me. But the day my dad had to go pick me up at hospital was a BAD day also for THEM!

So all I am able to say is that I am glad your daughter had the courage to tell you and that you were able to face the school is the problem! I put my faith into the school's principal for him to adjust the atmosphere going on there!!!!

:hug: for you and your daughter!

I am so sorry to hear that your girl had to deal with the stupid bully at school. I really hope that the school will have to have a meeting with teachers and faculties to take some concerns about children's safety at school. What grade is your girl in? That's so brave of your girl that your girl told you about it now than a few months later. Glad your girl is ok. I wish schools would have look alike cops to be around, only focusing on children's safety so teachers can focus on the education of kids.
:( I feel you about your girl. i do worry about my girl too. My girl is kind of a type silent girl who does not want to tell teachers too. I have no way of knowing if something has happening in school where my girl goes. It isn't easy to deal with that kind of situation.

I can understand your daughter's POV. I once told my dad about being bullied (no physical agression) and his reply was: "Igore them and they will tired of it". Ya think? No, they didn't. Until the day they pushed me in the staircase and I fell down and cratched my entire knee open (I still have a scar today) and ended up in hospital with several bruises...

No I didn't tell my dad about their bullying because I didn't want them to make more fun of me. But the day my dad had to go pick me up at hospital was a BAD day also for THEM!

So all I am able to say is that I am glad your daughter had the courage to tell you and that you were able to face the school is the problem! I put my faith into the school's principal for him to adjust the atmosphere going on there!!!!

:hug: for you and your daughter!

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I am also proud of my daughter for having the courage to speak out. Many children are afraid to speak out. I am glad she talked to me. Now I hope the school can get this resolved before any one gets physically hurt.
:hug:

I am so sorry to hear that your girl had to deal with the stupid bully at school. I really hope that the school will have to have a meeting with teachers and faculties to take some concerns about children's safety at school. What grade is your girl in? That's so brave of your girl that your girl told you about it now than a few months later. Glad your girl is ok. I wish schools would have look alike cops to be around, only focusing on children's safety so teachers can focus on the education of kids.
:( I feel you about your girl. i do worry about my girl too. My girl is kind of a type silent girl who does not want to tell teachers too. I have no way of knowing if something has happening in school where my girl goes. It isn't easy to deal with that kind of situation.

First of all thanks for the support.

My daughter is in 7th grade. School started a week and a half ago. I am also glad she told me.

We do have a police officer on campus during school.

My children are my world. I ask my kids about school and themselves every single day. I tell them how much I love them everyday. They usually do come to me for things like that. I also educate them to not be afraid to speak with a trusted adult if they can not come to me.

I wish all schools are:

bully_free.jpg

:aw:

Sorry to hear it....middle school is rough! I've been lucky so far as for bullying with my boys.

But I've told them....and some people might disagree....that if someone starts a fight with them, they have the right to fight back. But to never start a fight or bully other kids.

Last year, when one of my boys was in the 8th, another boy started a fight and took the first swing. MY son knocked him to the ground.....The other boy was suspended, but my son was not.

That "bully" never bothered my son again.

Rockin.

My daughter refuses to fight. I have raised her to not doso. If she would to hit or push the girl back she gets in just as much trouble. Our district has zero tolerance towards fighting. She does not want to lose any of her privileges or get suspended. She is in the gifted program and a single fight can cause her to lose that. We are doing the right thing by reporting the girl.

Fighting does not solve anything. I am proud of my daughter for not fighting.

Now if the girl is clobbering her then my daughter has the right to defend herself. But that was not the case.

hopefully the school can get the bully and the bully's parents to fix the problem...

we had that problem a couple of tears ago. nothing helped. it took me speaking to the kids father to fix it... now the whole family avoids us :devil:

Rockin.

My daughter refuses to fight. I have raised her to not doso. If she would to hit or push the girl back she gets in just as much trouble. Our district has zero tolerance towards fighting. She does not want to lose any of her privileges or get suspended. She is in the gifted program and a single fight can cause her to lose that. We are doing the right thing by reporting the girl.

Now if the girl is clobbering her then my daughter has the right to defend herself. But that was not the case.

Yeah, if it were my "daughter" I'd feel the same way....My boys are in karate so they know and can defend themselves if necessary.

Have you tried calling & meeting up that girls' parents?

hopefully the school can get the bully and the bully's parents to fix the problem...

we had that problem a couple of tears ago. nothing helped. it took me speaking to the kids father to fix it... now the whole family avoids us :devil:

how did you do that? what kind of talk did you had with them? I would like to learn how to handle the situation in case!

I am so sorry that this is happening to your daughter. And make sure that you stay on the school's case to make sure that it is taken care of. They will often just attempt a surface dealing of the situation, and let it drop there. Keep the lines of communication open with your daughter, and if your mother's instincts tell you something is not quite right, pay attention.

Sorry to hear it....middle school is rough! I've been lucky so far as for bullying with my boys.

But I've told them....and some people might disagree....that if someone starts a fight with them, they have the right to fight back. But to never start a fight or bully other kids.

Last year, when one of my boys was in the 8th, another boy started a fight and took the first swing. MY son knocked him to the ground.....The other boy was suspended, but my son was not.

That "bully" never bothered my son again.
same. I stood my ground and I wasn't bothered again. I stood ground for others too and they weren't bothered again either. :mad2:

Rockin.

you are right to raise her that way. these days.... it's not really good idea to "fight back" even in self-defense but back in old days - it's how we deal with it :|

I'm glad that nowadays - schools are taking it very very serious.

how did you do that? what kind of talk did you had with them? I would like to learn how to handle the situation in case!

the bully that was constantly harrassing my son had a severe Napoleon complex. he was very tiny. so he tried making himself look bigger by harrassing the biggest kid in class, my son. Ryan is as strong as an adult and has taken tae kwon do class since he was 6. we teach him violence is not an option until he has to defend himself forced to physically. the kid would call him names and only from a safe distance. all that childish BS...

we went to the school, the soccer couch, nothing worked. the bully's older brother is in a little gang here, the family even committed fraud by claim the father was dead to collect free food from several food pantries. they are a family of sleazebags... the mom even claimed if my family had a problem, and said "you're in for trouble and gonna get yours" a rather empty threat...

so I apporched the bully's father at a soccer practice. i lifted him off the bleachers and stood him in front of me. went: his face to my chest with him and bullied him with a very brief statement. then I went over to a cinder block that was on the ground near the bleachers. saw the father was watching, crunched down a shattered the cinder block with my fist :twisted:

the harrasment stopped imediately and whole family avoids us now. :cool2:
the older kid who was involed with his "lil gang" even stopped harrassing a kid that is a friend of our family...

sometimes you have to go down to their level. sometimes bullies only understand being bullied back... sad but true...

I have good news! Our district has Zero Tolerance for bullies. My daughter named some of the witnesses and their story collaborated with each other. They called the girl, and she tried to play the victim. She told the school that my daughter is the one that went up to her and hit her, but her story did not fly. The dean interviewed several students including the bully herself.

Results.. The bully got a three day suspension.

The Dean also told my daughter and others if they ever see someone bullying another to please report it. No names will be mentioned, etc. The Dean also told my daughter if she or anyone else ever bullys her again for her to go straight to the office and report it immediately so she does not have to suffer. Their is also consequences for verbal harassment.

So far I am pleased.

My daughter have perked up so much since. Especially seeing how many people supported her and helped to tell the truth.

I hope this situation will help educate others to not hold it inside. SPEAK up if someone is bullying you.

Back