Bully in school.

excellent. hope it ends there and your daughter can enjoy school

Me too. I hope the bully's friends or when she gets back, they will leave her alone. If not. My daughter will report it again. Depending on the situation. If it does continue, I will file charges with the local law enforcement.

I'm not trying to brag or anything.... (of course I am.. I'm her Mother! :giggle:) But my daughter is too beautiful and smart to have to deal with that kind of crap.

Babyblue,

That's a great news!! when you said she have perked up so much that makes me smile. :D
My kids will start school next week. i pray that kids would be able to tell me anything from tiny thing to big things. i am nervous about it.

Babyblue,

That's a great news!! when you said she have perked up so much that makes me smile. :D
My kids will start school next week. i pray that kids would be able to tell me anything from tiny thing to big things. i am nervous about it.

Frisky, Tell your kids it is ok to tell when someone is harassing them. Educate them that it will not stop until they do. My daughter suffered for a week and a half before she said anything to me. Keep a line of communication open with your kids.

I had to ask my daughter what was wrong. She looked so sad yesterday. Sometimes it takes the parent to approach a child and ask if everything is OK at school or whatnot. That is when she broke down crying and told me everything.

Yes i will make sure of having communication open with my kids about it. thanks for the tips. I appreciate that you made a thread that makes some of us who are parents to open our eyes. Way to go for your girl. :)

I am so sorry to hear that. No one deserves to be bullied. *sigh*

How's your daughter feeling? Any better, I hope.

Yes i will make sure of having communication open with my kids about it. thanks for the tips. I appreciate that you made a thread that makes some of us who are parents to open our eyes. Way to go for your girl. :)

Thank you Frisky,

It really opened up my eyes. and I wanted to spread the word that majority of the schools takes bullying seriously.

Too many kids DO say silent and do not say anything. It is OK to TELL. Parents really need to educate children about this. I always keep a communication line open with my kids. If they do not approach me. I ask questions like. How is school? How are your friends? How was your day? Do you have anything you like to share with me. It is imperative for parents to talk to their children.

Kids do not always have the strength to go straight to you to tell you. So that is why it is important to watch and ask.

I am so sorry to hear that. No one deserves to be bullied. *sigh*

How's your daughter feeling? Any better, I hope.

Sosie,

She has perked up quite a bit. Especially when she had a few students that went up to her and told her that they had her back. She was shocked on how much support she had. :)

Thanks for asking Sosie.

Oh that is wonderful news! I am real happy that the school did proper actions against the bully. I am sure their actions and support have given your daughter a boost of confidence, trust and strength in those people who helped her. :)

HUGS!

Excellent news, babyblue! Our district has the same policy. It's one of the reasons that we moved where we live. My best to your daughter and you.

I have good news! Our district has Zero Tolerance for bullies. My daughter named some of the witnesses and their story collaborated with each other. They called the girl, and she tried to play the victim. She told the school that my daughter is the one that went up to her and hit her, but her story did not fly. The dean interviewed several students including the bully herself.

Results.. The bully got a three day suspension.

The Dean also told my daughter and others if they ever see someone bullying another to please report it. No names will be mentioned, etc. The Dean also told my daughter if she or anyone else ever bullys her again for her to go straight to the office and report it immediately so she does not have to suffer. Their is also consequences for verbal harassment.

So far I am pleased.

My daughter have perked up so much since. Especially seeing how many people supported her and helped to tell the truth.

I hope this situation will help educate others to not hold it inside. SPEAK up if someone is bullying you.

That is awesome. :D

Great news, Babyblue! I hope all of this won't happen again and that some students caught on it as a lesson not to bully other people!

:hug:

Sorry to hear that your daughter is going through that.

I've gone through it a lot at my school.

I kept silent when I was bullied. At first, I did report it... but was told that if a report was ever made, I would be suspended from school along with the student who bullied on me. He said the reason for this was because I was "technically involved" in the bully incident, whether I was a victim or not. :roll:

So, it was either shut up or be suspended.

My brother went through the same thing at his school. A kid beat him up and everyone saw it. He was just sitting there eating his lunch when this kid pushed him out of the chair, jumped on him, and started beating the shit out of him. Both my brother and the bully were kicked out of the school. My dad had a talk with the principal and with hundreds of witness to back my brother up, the principal dropped the suspension and let my brother back in school. :roll:

First I am sorry that your daughter go through the bully by a girl. Second I am glad that thing turned out well for your daughter.

I was bully when I was in H.S. This girl always bullied me and I reported to the school and they had a talk and gave her detention during lunch break. But she still continue bully me.

Anyway at the 10 yrs class reunion I found out from my sister and she told me that she was wearing a very tight dress. She sat alone at the table and smoking away. No one talk to her at all. I laughed so hard and wish I was there and bully her to teach her what it was like but I was glad I wasnt there.

I never wanted to see her again. No way. If I do then I would say bye and walk away. She is not my friend even she bully or never repaid me back the money that she borrow.

I am sorry that your daughter is going through this, but the sad truth is that the schools rarely do anything about it, and what they do, if they DO decide to step in, isn't enough. I was in a school where there was constant harrassment and bullying. What i learned was that you have to stand up for yourself, show that you won't take their crap, and then you get left alone for the most part, there will still be little teases here and there, but it happens

I am sorry that your daughter is going through this, but the sad truth is that the schools rarely do anything about it, and what they do, if they DO decide to step in, isn't enough. I was in a school where there was constant harrassment and bullying. What i learned was that you have to stand up for yourself, show that you won't take their crap, and then you get left alone for the most part, there will still be little teases here and there, but it happens

Perhaps. But now a days. Bullies are look down on. They are not as cool as they used to be. Especially since they are found to have issues themselves.

I'm just glad the school handled it well. My daughter got support..

Her bully lost a lot of friends. Now the bully is apologizing to her. My daughter accepted her apology. After her constant texting and pleading to her. I told my daughter it is OK to accept her apology. But not to let this girl bring my daughter down.

I feel sorry for her. She ruined herself by picking on the wrong person.

I hope the girl does get help.

What I'm talking about IS now. I only graduated last year. A lot of schools look the other way when there is trouble, they don't want to deal with the paperwork. She is lucky to be in a school that helps the students.

The bigger the school the more likely that bullying will happen. More kids in the hall between classes, in the cafeteria will little supervision, etc. I agree that many schools leave kids alone to deal with it. Frustrating!

The bigger the school the more likely that bullying will happen. More kids in the hall between classes, in the cafeteria will little supervision, etc. I agree that many schools leave kids alone to deal with it. Frustrating!

Yes, but many have to deal with it. But it usually leads to depression, low self-esteem, and sometimes suicide. Many schools need to step up and take care of the problems, not hide them or ignore them. Bullying is far too much of a problem, and is far too often ignored. Even many parents brush it off as a "I went through it, you can do it to" thing, without realizing that many issues that kids are bullied for now is not their clothes or looks... but just existing. And often bullies use violence, and sometimes weapons. This was my experience.

Can the principal do anything? More and more state have laws against bully. The only thing is that your child might be shunned or ostracized for reporting or being a snitch. There are way around it, join a team or a club. Is there a peer system? There are more bullying in middle school than high school. I once told a deaf parent whom hearing kid came home crying all the time to call immigration rather than the police since the bully speak little English. It actually worked and the parents were warned "Bully my kid moreor you're deport..."
It is far worse in deaf school, especially if a new kid is still learning sign language.

Back