Build Decks Finals

TFWFalcon

Reaction score
I try looking for thread where there is similar topic but cannot find it. Anyway I go head start with it. It is done build decks. First inspection guy come and visit our deck for pre-approve permit. Fail!!! like I said arghhh!!! what is up with that?. he explained me. pffftttt dumb house codes by follow rule from county. That where stairs landing on the ground have must be three feet surface with cement,brick or big block cement with flat ( no little hill don't matter how is sizes or deep hill). Reason for safety to prevent slippery when the grass is wet. I have to fix correctly then call them revisit our deck again. Finally pass approve permit. PHEW!!!! I am happy and it is over. Enjoy sit and drank beers...LOL Here show picture of decks.

100-0047_IMG.jpg

Thanks for the idea, I kinda of like the design! Is it redwood or cedar? I thought of similiar as this one but more of octagonally. Your house is very similiar to ours. :)

Bet your house was built in either 80's or 90's as mine is in early 80's

Thanks for the idea, I kinda of like the design! Is it redwood or cedar? I thought of similiar as this one but more of octagonally. Your house is very similiar to ours. :)

Bet your house was built in either 80's or 90's as mine is in early 80's

Our house was build in 2000. For decks, It is cedar. double coated paints with CFW(allweather proof).

:applause:

Your multi-level deck looks great!

Oh, that's great ! You did a great job !:thumb: I like the cedar woods. :D

Umm, I haven't done mine just yet. Me and my friend are still workin' on in a master bedroom - almost done. Soon, I will be paintin' a primer. Already got my " light tan or biege " carpets ready in another room for master bedroom. Can't wait !! Heh heh

When the master bedroom is done, the next will be in the bathroom.

Oh, yeah I enjoy remodelin' with a friend of mine and I learned a lot ! ;)

left over woods from build decks. I made a woodbox for planet. Here show picture.

wood.jpg

woodbox.jpg

Oh, that's great ! You did a great job !:thumb: I like the cedar woods. :D

Umm, I haven't done mine just yet. Me and my friend are still workin' on in a master bedroom - almost done. Soon, I will be paintin' a primer. Already got my " light tan or biege " carpets ready in another room for master bedroom. Can't wait !! Heh heh

When the master bedroom is done, the next will be in the bathroom.

Oh, yeah I enjoy remodelin' with a friend of mine and I learned a lot ! ;)

It is better than boring white color on the wall in bedroom. Light tan or biege look not bad color. Mine master bedroom is color call "cement paint". Here show picture look like color is cement paint.

101-0121_IMG.jpg

left over woods from build decks. I made a woodbox for planet. Here show picture.

wood.jpg

woodbox.jpg

Oh, a planter! Very cute useful way to use the scraps. :)

(When I first read your post I thought, "What kind of a planet would fit in a box?" :giggle: )

TFWFalcon - That is a huge project. It looks beautiful.

What are these white/yellow poles on the ground? Are they for septic tanks?

I sold my house last year. These pictures that I took were nice ones. We had to remove an old 1,000 gallon of oil tank by the law before I sold the house. The tank looked so big. There was no oil leak - whew! If the oil tank has a small leak, it would cost $10,000 fine. The fireman watched them removing the tank. He took some soil sample to a lab to see whether the soil contains toxic substances. The result was negative. Good sign.

My father removed the paint and stain the woods around the windows, and the door frames 35 years ago. They look so natural like TFWFalcon's window & door frames. The people who bought my house, and they painted bright whites on all windows, stairway rails, and doors. I'm shocked. The white frames look so boring. The buyers are 35 year olds. You know some young people could be so stupid for the first time. Actually, it is not my house anyway.

I hope that TFWFalcon don't mind for me to put some of my pictures here. I am wondering why he used this type of screws for his deck. I hired a pro for my deck a couple of years ago, and he used the square screws like a square screw driver.

3windows.jpg

wooddoor.jpg

3windows.jpg

backyard1.jpg

backyard2.jpg

webexplorer, why does huge oil tank to left in ground? Does you install it in long time ago?

webexplorer, why does huge oil tank to left in ground? Does you install it in long time ago?

Smile. No, some former owners installed it way before we got the house. We are stuck that we had to pay for it. In my state, the law requires all houses must have an oil tank in the basement or side of the houses if they do not have a basement. I disagree with one other law for installing a town sewage pipe. I have a septic tank that goes to the ground because it is a natural way, but I am stuck now if I want to sell my house someday. We never have a problem with the sewage septic tank into the ground... it does not harm in the area....

Smile. No, some former owners installed it way before we got the house. We are stuck that we had to pay for it. In my state, the law requires all houses must have an oil tank in the basement or side of the houses if they do not have a basement. I disagree with one other law for installing a town sewage pipe. I have a septic tank that goes to the ground because it is a natural way, but I am stuck now if I want to sell my house someday. We never have a problem with the sewage septic tank into the ground... it does not harm in the area....

Why does require to install at first place?

I never live in any properties with septic tank, that alot of negative than sewer, also I always to live in properties with sewer because of less clog, can use garbage disposal in under sink to break all food before drain it, if with septic tank then would be clogged.

Last edited:
I sold my house last year. These pictures that I took were nice ones. We had to remove an old 1,000 gallon of oil tank by the law before I sold the house. The tank looked so big. There was no oil leak - whew! If the oil tank has a small leak, it would cost $10,000 fine. The fireman watched them removing the tank. He took some soil sample to a lab to see whether the soil contains toxic substances. The result was negative. Good sign.

My father removed the paint and stain the woods around the windows, and the door frames 35 years ago. They look so natural like TFWFalcon's window & door frames. The people who bought my house, and they painted bright whites on all windows, stairway rails, and doors. I'm shocked. The white frames look so boring. The buyers are 35 year olds. You know some young people could be so stupid for the first time. Actually, it is not my house anyway.

I hope that TFWFalcon don't mind for me to put some of my pictures here. I am wondering why he used this type of screws for his deck. I hired a pro for my deck a couple of years ago, and he used the square screws like a square screw driver.

3windows.jpg

wooddoor.jpg

3windows.jpg

backyard1.jpg

backyard2.jpg

For screws: galvanized phillips head. It is don't matter you perfer phillips or square drive head.

For wood frames: use paint call semi-transparent oil (cherry). Actual I paint all wooden,frames and doors while they build a house. Save our cost approx 600 dollars.

For septic: Mine is full concrete (1650 pounds). I look your picture show septic is full steel. It is old designed and no longer make steel. That what I hear about this. Best recommend take poops/pee out every 10/15 years. They have use power vaccum clean out whole inside septic. I hear humor around my friends said cost around 850 to 2500 dollars depend on what is sizes.

Why does require to install at first place?

I never live in any properties with septic tank, that alot of negative than sewer, also I always to live in properties with sewer because of less clog, can use garbage disposal in under sink to break all food before drain it, if with septic tank then would be clogged.

Reason: live in farm or country where live far from big city. They couldn't thier pipe line reach to city due too far from distance and cost much money so they use septic more cheaper than put pipe line between your home to big or middle city.(like over 25 miles or whatever.) If boom grow and more build in that area then can install pipe instead septic. My friend live there when his area home start grow and boom. install pipe for septic. They charge near 20,000 dollars. lot money for that. I ask him how yo do with much money. He said just add to your loan mortgage. He said it is little add extra 20 dollars payment house. He said no big deal.

Back