Budget Shutdown may be midnight Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received some emails from an organization in my state once a while. What do you think of this one? I don't know if that is true or not. The article was about a government shutdown...

wasteful.jpg

It's too bad that I would love to ride on a high-speed train and visit my sister. I hate to drive for two days and the flights are some too expensive now. Recently, I flew to S.C. and the turbulence was pretty bad in the first flight, and the second flight was just alright.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

TXgolfer said:
Texas...

No State income tax
Low biz tax
$65 annual car tax
Property Tax....semi-high.......unless you have a couple of cows or horses. :)

As for the shutdown, maybe it will wake some people up to how much debt we are in. Probably not though.

Should be good wnough for Texas to become their own country lol

:hmm: That would be worth going back for.....Although I have become pretty good friends with a few liberals here.....really!

Texas...

No State income tax
Low biz tax
$65 annual car tax

As for the shutdown, maybe it will wake some people up to how much debt we are in. Probably not though.

$65 annual tax for all cars, regardless on value year?

Interesting, annual tax for car in here is varies by county to county and depending on value/year, in our county, old mid 1990's truck is only around $35 per year.

$65 annual tax for all cars, regardless on value year?

Interesting, annual tax for car in here is varies by county to county and depending on value/year, in our county, old mid 1990's truck is only around $35 per year.

It varies a little bit. Ours are taxed based on weight. Most are between $58-65

Texas was actually considering about a secession a few years but it did not fall through.

Stormy said:

Texas was actually considering about a secession a few years but it did not fall through.

Yeah I knew. ;-)

This is going to have a real horrible ripple affect on the economy. People spend money when they go on trips to the cherry blossom festival, restaurants and other businesses depends on the festival to made money.
I am glad I got my SS check for this month already! We better be careful with our money, we may have get our next check on time!

Texas...

No State income tax
Low biz tax
$65 annual car tax

yup. same ole' shit. same result. same cycles.

I'm thinking it'll affect government EMPLOYEES.

Yea, my husband is one of them. This will set us back financially since he earns more than I do. Oh well.

I support temporary Government shutdown as it is a wake-up call for Government employers. :D

The government and presidents and will not be affected by the shut down! They will still get paid! I heard on the news military jets will flying over the field for the red sox game! I find this outrageous that we'll spending our money to have jets fly for a damn game when the budget could be shuting down! The buget isa mess and government is paying for this! WTF is going on!

The companies will not allow them to miss payments without charging interest and penalties. That includes military families who don't get paid. .

Actually, there was a long article in the Washington Post today about Federal credit unions stepping up to make no or very low cost short-term loans to their members.

But it's moot for the moment, anyway, since hallelujah, Congress managed to come to agreement for an extension for another few days. Bipartisan disgust may have gotten to them.

Actually, there was a long article in the Washington Post today about Federal credit unions stepping up to make no or very low cost short-term loans to their members.

But it's moot for the moment, anyway, since hallelujah, Congress managed to come to agreement for an extension for another few days. Bipartisan disgust may have gotten to them.
That's good news. :)

The government and presidents and will not be affected by the shut down! They will still get paid! I heard on the news military jets will flying over the field for the red sox game! I find this outrageous that we'll spending our money to have jets fly for a damn game when the budget could be shuting down! The buget isa mess and government is paying for this! WTF is going on!

Flyovers are done as part of routine training exercises. Timing to arrive at the moment of the last note (not always accomplished) is considered a valuable training tool. No extra expense is incurred doing a flyover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back