Breastfeeding at 8 years old ???

And why would anyone want to continue with breastfeeding for 8 years anyway?

And why would anyone want to continue with breastfeeding for 8 years anyway?

A mother who won't let go? This was featured in a movie . . . a Chinese emperor who was breast-fed into his adult years (I forget the name).

Breast-feeding is a practice reserved for those nurturing a child born unto this world recently.

Other than that, it is an immature desire to continue it.

Isn't a known fact that if a mother breastfeeds--she loses weight?

Maybe that's what she is trying to do??? :giggle:

Isn't a known fact that if a mother breastfeeds--she loses weight?

Maybe that's what she is trying to do??? :giggle:

It is a fact, yes, but it does not always applies one way or another. Why would you want to stick to a particular same method for 8 years when it wasn't working at all to lose weight?

I think, in overall, the mother was still having an emotional attachment with the child to allow it to continue for 8 years.

In my very limited OBGYN perinatal, nursery/sick baby experience, I would estimate about 1/5 of infants have issues with BF either because of issues on their end or mother's end such as medical and definately when some meds are distributed in breast milk. Its at least a nice thing today when we can supplement those neonates prenates and infants who a 100 yrs ago would all die within days or months because of failure to thrive.

Yes I am advocate for Breast feeding. (just my personal values and beliefs) every person has their own rights to decision and own free agency. Yes infants tend to have less allergies, and get many more benefits from breast milk in first 6 months than supplemented formula. As a health care professional, it is my obligation and moral duty to educate and advocate for every patient individually. Give the appropriate education, discuss benefits, risks, side effects (this is referring to generalized everything medical) and then do not envoke your own values and beliefs on them. Its their right what they do or dont do, but I wouldn't feel it ethical to not educate and leave the agency up to person even if its not your personal values/beliefs that you have when you are at home or in personal life.

In my very limited OBGYN perinatal, nursery/sick baby experience, I would estimate about 1/5 of infants have issues with BF either because of issues on their end or mother's end such as medical and definately when some meds are distributed in breast milk. Its at least a nice thing today when we can supplement those neonates prenates and infants who a 100 yrs ago would all die within days or months because of failure to thrive.

Yes I am advocate for Breast feeding. (just my personal values and beliefs) every person has their own rights to decision and own free agency. Yes infants tend to have less allergies, and get many more benefits from breast milk in first 6 months than supplemented formula. As a health care professional, it is my obligation and moral duty to educate and advocate for every patient individually. Give the appropriate education, discuss benefits, risks, side effects (this is referring to generalized everything medical) and then do not envoke your own values and beliefs on them. Its their right what they do or dont do, but I wouldn't feel it ethical to not educate and leave the agency up to person even if its not your personal values/beliefs that you have when you are at home or in personal life.

I am an advocate for breastfeeding,as well, Doug, and breastfed my own child. No doubt there are benefits to the child when it is possible for a mother to breastfeed. In those cases where it can't be done, formula offers a wonderful substitute.

But I do not, in any way, advocate breastfeeding until a child is 8 years old.

Nature often creates wonders than anything man-made.

So how come more women chose artificial milk over breast-feeding those days?! I would rather trust breasts over anything man-made (be it the artificial milk).

Beside acknowledging that this thread is about someone aged 8 being fed by breast-feeding; I would agree that it's not approxiate.

But let's rethink how we approach our thinking as if which is healthier? :hmm:

I am an advocate for breastfeeding,as well, Doug, and breastfed my own child. No doubt there are benefits to the child when it is possible for a mother to breastfeed. In those cases where it can't be done, formula offers a wonderful substitute.

But I do not, in any way, advocate breastfeeding until a child is 8 years old.

Ditto. Breast feeding is wonderful and, when appropriate, great for baby. However, I think nursing after the age of 2 is harmful to the child developmentally.

Last edited:
What bothered me the most was that she got it videotaped and put it on utube. It seems more disturbing than the 8 year old feeding off from her. I had to turn it off before it ended cuz the expression on the mother's face was creepy. Why show it to the world? Trying to educate us or what?

I agree with you. That's very disgusted! She might want to make a Guinness World Record for age 8 years old still breastfeeding. Or she want trying to educate for us. :roll:

Ditto. Breast feeding is wonderful and, when appropriate, great for baby. However, I think nursing after the age of 2 is harmful to the child developmentally.

Yeah I did forget to mention, yeah that age thing is quite odd, and the video a little disturbing to see.

World Record?

There has been old people drinking milk from breasts too.

Back