Boy Charged As Adult In Animal Attacks?

cmon...12 year olds know better than 5 years or younger besides hes a pre-teen. If he doesnt like getting hurt then he should understand that people especially animals dont like getting hurt either.

What Jillio's saying is true, people's brains are not fully developed until they reach adulthood. However, it is true that children by the age of 12 are often taught to understand what's right and what's wrong. However, it doesn't always turn out like that due to underlying psychological conditions.

:shock: Stay far away from my animals!!! Jeez!!! sick boy!

cmon...12 year olds know better than 5 years or younger besides hes a pre-teen. If he doesnt like getting hurt then he should understand that people especially animals dont like getting hurt either.

The scary thing is that he probably knows very well what it's like to get hurt, and that he deliberately wanted to cause pain, suffering and death to other living creatures too.

I would bet any amount of money this boy has been abused in some way, very badly, along the line. People of any age just aren't filled with this much hate and hostility unless there has been something very wrong done to them early on as well.

I bet that boy is raised thinking kill animals is cool. Who is to be blame? his parents of course.

This child's view of the world is warped. And I seriously doubt it will change, even after years of therapy. Perhaps another Ted Bundy?....I feel the child needs to be put away/incarnated to a medical/mental hospital, for the rest of his life, if necessary to protect other animals, even people.

Sad as it may seem, they do walk among us....At age 12, seems his mind-set is already deep-rooted....It's going to take a long time for this child, I presume.

The scary thing is that he probably knows very well what it's like to get hurt, and that he deliberately wanted to cause pain, suffering and death to other living creatures too.

I would bet any amount of money this boy has been abused in some way, very badly, along the line. People of any age just aren't filled with this much hate and hostility unless there has been something very wrong done to them early on as well.

That is what I'm saying. He probably got abused/hurt alot of times that he don't give a crap and do it on other people or even animals. I guess he do it on animals instead cause they can't talk or whatever, thinking he can get away with it.

What Jillio's saying is true, people's brains are not fully developed until they reach adulthood. However, it is true that children by the age of 12 are often taught to understand what's right and what's wrong. However, it doesn't always turn out like that due to underlying psychological conditions.

I was told that the human brain do not stop growing until they reach age 18. But I guess that actually depends on some people.

Sociopaths often feel no remorse.

I definitely think the parent's should be evaluated deeply. Their history, background, home, family, friends, etc. A child doesn't wake up one day and think "I'm going to go hurt some animals. That sounds fun!" There is clearly something wrong with the child. While I do I agree that he is very much in the wrong and should not just get a slap on the wrist for something like this (and I have a strong feeling it could lead to a serial killer status if not taken seriously). I also believe it had to of came from somewhere. Are the parents really watching their kid? hurting him? or perhaps letting him watch movies that makes it seem "ok" to watch?

I was told that the human brain do not stop growing until they reach age 18. But I guess that actually depends on some people.

The frontal lobe sometimes do not stop growing in male until they reach the age of 30.

Majority thinks it is 21... which is one of the reasons why they up the drinking age to 21. :)

I definitely think the parent's should be evaluated deeply. Their history, background, home, family, friends, etc. A child doesn't wake up one day and think "I'm going to go hurt some animals. That sounds fun!" There is clearly something wrong with the child. While I do I agree that he is very much in the wrong and should not just get a slap on the wrist for something like this (and I have a strong feeling it could lead to a serial killer status if not taken seriously). I also believe it had to of came from somewhere. Are the parents really watching their kid? hurting him? or perhaps letting him watch movies that makes it seem "ok" to watch?

Actually, sociopaths are not merely made by watching violent movies. There are no definite answer to the question on how sociopaths are made. There have been studies concluding that sociopaths are born that way, and some claim that it is due to the lack of bonding early in life. Frankly, I think sociopaths can be made either way.

The frontal lobe sometimes do not stop growing in male until they reach the age of 30.

Majority thinks it is 21... which is one of the reasons why they up the drinking age to 21. :)

Right. It can be anywhere from 21-30 years of age. The frontal lobe develops in females, generally, at a younger age than males.

That doesn't answer my questions to you.

A 5 year old would not be charged at all. Your comparison does not work. Just because a 12 year old understands more than a 5 year old does not mean they are able to think as an adult and form intent as an adult.

Actually, sociopaths are not merely made by watching violent movies. There are no definite answer to the question on how sociopaths are made. There have been studies concluding that sociopaths are born that way, and some claim that it is due to the lack of bonding early in life. Frankly, I think sociopaths can be made either way.

As with everything else, I think it is a predisposed condition, innate personality traits, and environment combined that create both sociopaths and psychopaths.

There is a chance that he has been abused. There is just as great a chance that he hasn't. It depends on the diagnosis.

I bet that boy is raised thinking kill animals is cool. Who is to be blame? his parents of course.

Not necessarily. There is not enough information about this case to blame anyone for his behavior. He could be the victim of a childhood onset psychotic disorder or mood disorder with psychotic features.

This child's view of the world is warped. And I seriously doubt it will change, even after years of therapy. Perhaps another Ted Bundy?....I feel the child needs to be put away/incarnated to a medical/mental hospital, for the rest of his life, if necessary to protect other animals, even people.

Sad as it may seem, they do walk among us....At age 12, seems his mind-set is already deep-rooted....It's going to take a long time for this child, I presume.

If this child has an early onset psychotic disorder, which happens in many of these cases, he will probably spend more time in mental hospitals for his entire life than he ever spends outside one. This is a very tragic situation, and one has to feel for the misery this child will suffer his entire life.

That is what I'm saying. He probably got abused/hurt alot of times that he don't give a crap and do it on other people or even animals. I guess he do it on animals instead cause they can't talk or whatever, thinking he can get away with it.

If he has one of the disorders I am thinking of, he is not even thinking of the consequences of his behavior. He is simply doing what his illness tells him to do. Whether or not he will get caught does not enter his mind. At this point, he has to obey what his disorder tells him to do. He does not feel that he has a choice. A disorder like this is very, very frightening for a child.

Back