Boy at Boot Camp Died "Naturally"

TrippLA said:
Stop lie to us, you don't watch video in courthouse or other place. That's Anderson's business, none of your business. You are from Maryland, then how is doing in Florida? Obiviously nothing.

LOL, why would you call Taylor a Liar? I don't see where he said he watched it in courthouse. The video was posted IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD. And I'm sure that is video he was referring to in his post. why dont you grow up and stop acting like 9 year old

2hot4you said:
LOL, why would you call Taylor a Liar? I don't see where he said he watched it in courthouse. The video was posted IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD. And I'm sure that is video he was referring to in his post. why dont you grow up and stop acting like 9 year old

Don't tell me what doing, damn little 14 years old girl. I agree with Cassbugs that I don't believe what Taylor said about video in courthouse or whatever, I don't know what he's doing. None of your business and grow up and stop acting like 2 years old. Don't talk to me and I will add you to ignore list because you are MINOR! :lol: :pissed:

He could be lying cause if hes from maryland how can he watch the case from florida? Unless he was watching it on Court TV

TrippLA said:
Don't tell me what doing, damn little 14 years old girl. I agree with Cassbugs that I don't believe what Taylor said about video in courthouse or whatever, I don't know what he's doing. None of your business and grow up and stop acting like 2 years old. Don't talk to me and I will add you to ignore list because you are MINOR! :lol: :pissed:

Buckdodgers said:
He could be lying cause if hes from maryland how can he watch the case from florida? Unless he was watching it on Court TV

Ok I must be blind as I am Deaf. I don't see where Taylor said he watched the video in the courthouse. Like I said in my post, the video was posted in the first post of this thread. The link is Boy at Boot Camp Died "Naturally". It is on page one posted by nancy in this thread.
TrippLA I dont know what your problem is. Ive seen posts where you dont like cops and fine that you feel that way but why do you need to make up lies about taylor to make him look bad? You are now saying that he claimed to watch it in a courthouse in florida and he never said that. he said he watched the video in this thread. i guess if you don't have a reason to attack him then you make it up. now who is acting like 2 year old?

ButterflyGirl said:
New Autopsy Finds Fla. Teen Was Suffocated

TAMPA, Fla. - A 14-year-old boy kicked and punched by guards at a juvenile boot camp died because the sheriff's officials suffocated him, a medical examiner said Friday, contradicting a colleague who blamed the death on a usually benign blood disorder.

"Martin Anderson's death was caused by suffocation due to actions of the guards at the boot camp," said Dr. Vernard Adams, who conducted the second autopsy.

Adams said the suffocation was caused by hands blocking the boy's mouth, as well as the "forced inhalation of ammonia fumes" that caused his vocal cords to spasm, blocking his upper airway.

Martin Lee Anderson's body was exhumed after a camp surveillance videotape surfaced showing the guards roughing him up Jan. 5, a day before he died. His family had questioned the initial finding by Dr. Charles Siebert, the Bay County Medical Examiner, that the boy died of complications of sickle cell trait.

"I am disturbed by Dr. Adams' findings and consider the actions of the Bay County boot camp guards deplorable," said Gov. Jeb Bush, who ordered the investigation that led to the second autopsy.

In a statement, Bush assured Anderson's parents that the state will provide any resources prosecutors deem necessary "to complete this investigation as quickly as possible."

No one has been arrested in connection with the death, which sparked protests at the state Capitol, forced lawmakers to scrap the military-style camps and led to the resignation of the state's top law enforcement officer.

Anderson's parents planned a news conference Friday evening at their attorney's Tallahassee office to respond to the findings. Marc Tochterman, a spokesman for the Bay County Sheriff's Office, which operated the boot camp, said the agency had no immediate comment.

Siebert did not immediately return a call seeking comment, but he has repeatedly stood by his findings, saying they were based on reliable science, not emotions. He also has said he was being unfairly attacked by special interest groups.

State Attorney General Charlie Crist said Friday that Siebert "should probably be suspended pending further review." He said the second autopsy report wasn't surprising.

"I can't say I'm shocked after having watched the tape. What was surprising was the first autopsy," Crist said. He said there will "probably will be arrests."

The videotape shows Anderson being kneed, struck and dragged by guards on his first day at the Bay County Sheriff's boot camp for juvenile offenders. He was eventually taken to a Pensacola hospital, where he died a few hours later.

The second autopsy was ordered by Hillsborough County State Attorney Mark Ober, whom Bush tapped to lead the investigation.

A forensic pathologist hired by Anderson's family observed the second autopsy, Dr. Michael Baden, said afterward that he believed Anderson didn't die from natural causes.

Siebert's autopsy concluded that physical exertion had triggered sickle cell trait and ultimately caused small blood clots to develop in Anderson's bloodstream, which resulted in internal bleeding.

Anderson had collapsed while doing push-ups, sit-ups, running laps and other exercises that were part of his admission process at the camp. The sheriff's office said force was used on Anderson because he was uncooperative.

He had been sent to the boot camp for violating probation by trespassing at a school after he and his cousins were charged with stealing their grandmother's car from a church parking lot.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060505/ap_on_re_us/boot_camp_death

I saw that on the news where they had exumed his body for a 2nd autopsy and showed the video on t.v. It was better than what I saw in here. It seems to me that the guards were rather violent with the boy and it had gone too far. He was getting hit with fists and elbows and kicked. Just because he wasn't cooperative with the guards didn't give the rights for the guards (more than 1) to jump in on him. I think that it could have been handled differently. but that's just my 2 cents and what I just saw on t.v.

I am glad that they found out the truth after get 2nd autopsy. What will they do with guards?

Liebling:-))) said:
I am glad that they found out the truth after get 2nd autopsy. What will they do with guards?

Have no clue yet.. they're still investigating as far as I know

Staff charged in boot camp death

Staff charged in boot camp death

A nurse and seven former wardens of a boot camp for juveniles in Florida have been charged with manslaughter over the death of a 14-year-old inmate.
Martin Lee Anderson died in January shortly after arriving at the camp.

While an initial post-mortem concluded he had died of a blood disorder, a second inquiry said he had suffocated at the hands of the guards.

Protests followed the release of a tape showing the boy being hit by guards, who said he was being uncooperative.

If convicted, the former wardens and the nurse who watched the incident could face up to 30 years in prison.

'Suffocation'

The first autopsy, by Bay County Medical Examiner Dr Charles Siebert, said Anderson had died from complications of sickle cell trait.

But that conclusion sparked outrage after a video appeared showing guards surrounding him - some holding him while others apparently hit him.

Florida Governor Jeb Bush then ordered an investigation that led to a second autopsy.

Dr Vernard Adams, who carried out the second post-mortem, said Anderson died because his mouth was blocked and was forced to inhale ammonia fumes.

The "forced inhalation" caused his vocal cords to spasm and block his upper airways, the Hillsborough County medical examiner concluded.

The guards had said in an incident report that they used ammonia capsules five times on Anderson to gain his co-operation.

The teenager had been sent to the camp for violating probation by trespassing at a school after he and his cousins were charged with stealing their grandmother's car from a church parking lot.

The boy's family is seeking more than $40m in damages.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Staff charged in boot camp death

im sure the guards would learn lesson dont abuse the boys i dont think include nurse abuse also if im correct or im wrong

The nurse has to be charged because she was standing right there and she was not giving any medical intervention. That is called patient neglect or patient abandonment. You can lose your license for it.

I have just reviewed the video tape and this is not a violent beating. I see them restraining him while he was fighting. I see 'arm bars' being used which is joint manipulation to get somebody to comply (putting his arm behind his back). The only punch or kick that I saw was a guard kicking the kids leg out from underneath of him and it was kicking it out of the way and not a direct kick. Because of the death, the incident should be investigated but from what is on that video, there is nothing that is out of line that would cause injury to the kid, let alone his death.

If the boy did have sickle cell trait, then it does not take a violent blow to porduce a life threatening injury. A relatively minor blow could kill him, especially if he had been, as reported, exercizing and was perhaps dehydrated. Joint manipulation can certainly cause muscle and ligament tear, which can induce a bleed out internally for anyone with a blood disorder. A beating doesn't always have to be violent to cause death. An d this is hardly the same as a car accident that would cause death to someone with a blood disorder. This was a minor child that was entrusted to the care of the state.

Back