Boy, 7, dies in apparent trespass shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please show me where I started to compare Germany with USA over Gun restriction law? All what I see is you started to compare Germany with USA over Gun law at your post #19´.
I'm sorry but I don't see where in my post #19 that I compared USA over Germany in gun laws. See my post #66 if you do not understand.

I would be glad to explain you if you want to ask me for clarification but you should not bring those word "discrimination".
I'm TELLING you what you're saying is something like DISCRIMINATION but I'm waiting for your clarification. Please don't drag it on. I've asked for your clarification MANY posts ago.

Accord bottom of your post #19, you started to say that US Government is common sense than Germany Government over Gun law that´s how Jillio questioned you about. It´s my interpretation to view your post that US gun law is better than German Gun law.
I'm sorry but you must have misunderstood my post. I'm talking about common sense, not gun law. I said we have BETTER common sense than Germans.... not BETTER gun law. BIG DIFFERENCE! You misunderstood my post.

Here we go again, people don't know when to stop while they're ahead :lol: I'm outta here. ;)

Im a gun owner, but these two are an embarrassment! (not Liebling and Jiro, the Muhs are)

Its people like this that will continue to make it harder for law-abiding citizens to take part in the privilege of gun-ownership.

These two will obviously be locked up where they belong and far away from any guns as their actions have clearly shown that neither of them could take on the responsibility of gun-ownership.

As a gun-owner there are a couple of restrictions I would like to see put in place, and there are some restrictions I would want removed.

Restrictions added are the required marksmanship classes for gun ownership, must pass a test, a practical to demonstrate the safe handling and use of firearms. You must also re-test every four year to keep license to own guns. Also have restrictions on what 'level' of firearm you can have by having guns set in caliber classes. All guns are deadly but there are guns more powerful than others and thus requires more experience for safe handling.

Some restrictions I would want lifted such as the age restriction buy firearms. IE- one must be 18 to purchase a shotgun under current laws, but hunting is encouraged beginning at an earlier age, and many kids are hunting independently by the time they are 16 or 17 if they are active hunters. If they can handle themselves in the woods then they should be allowed to purchase a rifle or shotgun, but must undergo the same background check as anyone else would. If they have anything on their record as juveniles, then they are not permitted to purchase until 18. If their record is clean as a minor then they should be allowed to purchase a rifle or shotgun at age 16. Rifles open for underage purchase would be limited to "hunting rifles" deemed legal for game use within that state. While rifles are dangerous, they are hard to conceal, unlike handguns which are dangerous and easy to conceal.

Also Texas needs to change their law to signs may only warn people not to trespass, but may NOT threaten them with violence, which can be charged as terroristic threatening and intimidation.

For God's sake, these two killed a 7 year out with his FAMILY, I hardly consider that a crime. I think these two just wanted to justify murdering someone and seeing if they could get away with it.

here's a much more specific statistic from CDC - limiting result to JUVENILE age (0-18 years old) only since we're talking about children death caused by guns.

Texas Gun Deaths

Texas Automobile Deaths

Now you see why demanding for tighter gun control is nothing but misguided, emotional anti-gun agenda?

So you are saying that 183 juvenile deaths is perfectly acceptable?

So you are saying that 183 juvenile deaths is perfectly acceptable?

so you're formulating a question based on the answer you want to hear. Nice try :) This does not warrant taxpayer's money and legislators' time to deal with statistically insignificant case when there are much more horrible cases that need urgent attention such as child abuse, poor social welfare system, and many more.

Chance is - in your state, you most likely have walked past by at least thousands of LAW-ABIDING, TRAINED, ARMED CITIZENS in your life in any common places such as mall, movie theaters, roads, etc. BTW - if you ever see an LEGALLY-ARMED citizen exposing his gun on his belt, I do encourage you to call 911 because it's ILLEGAL to expose the gun under CCW status.

Here's a thing - you are much more likely to get shot by criminals with illegal guns than armed citizen. and the chance is - that criminal will be shot by LAW-ABIDING ARMED citizen. :)

Just so you know - the number of citizens using guns for self-defense purpose GREATLY OUTNUMBERS the number of citizens using guns for criminal purpose. In many news about gun-related incidents... it's criminals with ILLEGALLY-OWNED guns.

I doubt it. Here is Cheri's states CCW

§ 2923.12 Current Ohio Carrying Concealed Weapons Law:
(A) No person shall knowingly carry or have, concealed on his person or concealed ready at hand, any deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance.
(B) This section does not apply to officers, agents, or employees of this or any other state or the United States, or to law enforcement officers, authorized to carry concealed weapons or dangerous ordnance, and acting within the scope of their duties.

(C) It is an affirmative defense to a charge under this section of carrying or having control of a weapon other than dangerous ordnance, that the actor was not otherwise prohibited by law from having the weapon, and that any of the following apply:

(1) The weapon was carried or kept ready at hand by the actor for defensive purposes, while he was engaged in or was going to or from his lawful business or occupation, which business or occupation was of such character or was necessarily carried on in such manner or at such a time or place as to render the actor particularly susceptible to criminal attack, such as would justify a prudent man in going armed.

(2) The weapon was carried or kept ready at hand by the actor for defensive purposes, while he was engaged in a lawful activity, and had reasonable cause to fear a criminal attack upon himself or I a member of his family, or upon his home, such as would justify a prudent man in going armed.

(3) The weapon was carried or kept ready at hand by the actor for any lawful purpose and while in his own home.

(4) The weapon was being transported in a motor vehicle for any lawful purpose, and was not on the actor's person, and, if the weapon was a firearm, was carried in compliance with the applicable requirements of division (C) of section 2923.16 of the Revised Code.

(D) Whoever violates this section is guilty of carrying concealed weapons, a misdemeanor of the first degree. If the offender previously has been convicted of a violation of this section or of any offense of violence, if the weapon involved is a firearm and the violation of this section is committed at premises for which a D permit has been issued under Chapter 4303. of the Revised Code, if the weapon involved is a firearm which is either loaded or for which the offender has ammunition ready at hand, or if the weapon involved is dangerous ordnance, then carrying concealed weapons is a felony of the third degree. If the offense is committed aboard an aircraft, or with purpose to carry a concealed weapon aboard an aircraft, regardless of the weapon involved, carrying concealed weapons is a felony of the second degree.

so you're formulating a question based on the answer you want to hear. Nice try :)

Not at all. You are the one that is supporting the Texas law, and you are the one that provided those numbers. 183 kids died in Texas in 2006 as the direct result of gunfire. Do you consider that number of childhood deaths to be acceptable?

Not at all. You are the one that is supporting the Texas law, and you are the one that provided those numbers. 183 kids died in Texas in 2006 as the direct result of gunfire. Do you consider that number of childhood deaths to be acceptable?

I've already answered your question. It is not my state and I don't live in here. It's not up to me to decide on its law. You'll have to ask Texan residents.

post #126. you're quick on the trigger. I made a quick edit. :)

So 183 children killed by gunfire in Texas in 2006 is now statistically insignificant. Good one.

Well, if it is not up to you, perhaps you need to stop supporting it by posting numbers and comparing it to other areas.

well then perhaps you need to stop criticizing and comparing it to Germany as well. :)

well then perhaps you need to stop criticizing and comparing it to Germany as well. :)

I haven't compared anything to anything since late yesterday afternoon. You are the one that started the comparisons back up.

So, now 183 children killed by gunfire in 2006 in the state of Texas are statistically insignificant. Good one, Jiro.

I doubt it. Here is Cheri's states CCW
Isn't it your state as well? You might want to double-check on Ohio's CCW law... Looks like I know more about your state's law than you. Ironic....

§ 2923.12 Current Ohio Carrying Concealed Weapons Law:
(A) No person shall knowingly carry or have, concealed on his person or concealed ready at hand, any deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance.

1. according to AD's rule - you were supposed to cite the source that you just posted
2. I'm not sure why you highlighted number A. What are you trying to tell me? Did you know that Ohio is rated as 80% gun-friendly state?
3. Open Carry is unrestricted under Ohio state law.
4. CCW license is granted to resident on shall-issue basis.
5. I am legally-allowed to carry CCW in your state :cool2:
6. My statement stands correct - you and Cheri have most likely walked past at least a thousand of LAWFULLY-ARMED CCW citizens in your life.

Please educate yourself on Ohio CCW law

I haven't compared anything to anything since late yesterday afternoon. You are the one that started the comparisons back up.

So, now 183 children killed by gunfire in 2006 in the state of Texas are statistically insignificant. Good one, Jiro.

I see you're putting this as priority over child deaths due to abusive parents, suicide, automobiles, etc. Good job prioritizing the agenda, Jillio.

What's the meaning behind the flag hoisted on top of Muhs's home?

They took a life, so they deserve everything thrown at them.

Please educate yourself with Texas & Federal gun law. Your statement is FALSE.

Of course I am well aware for long, long time since 1983 thru my friend who experienced as trespasser in Texas (check my 2nd link of my first post at other thread).

I do not need to educate myself but use my common sense and disagree with Texas law.

Thank you.

As for Muhs couple - here's an appropriate comment for them - It doesn't make sense to own a gun and not know the rules,-- said co-author Alan Korwin in a recent interview.

Exactly, that´s what I am trying to tell you that they should be test either they are responsible gun owner or not.

Of course I am well aware for long, long time since 1983 thru my friend who experienced as trespasser in Texas (check my 2nd link of my first post at other thread).

I do not need to educate myself but use my common sense and disagree with Texas law.

Thank you.
1983 is a VERY LONG TIME ago. time has changed. law has changed. Since you are not willing to educate yourself with basic laws, then you are being a disrespectful tourist. Whenever & Wherever I visit any country, I read their basic laws for my and their safety. Please be a smart and respectful tourist and read the country's law before you visit. Thank you :ty: btw - since you use common sense... it's a common sense that this does not usually happen in Texas' famous metropolitan cities like Houston, Dallas, etc.

Exactly, that´s what I am trying to tell you that they should be test either they are responsible gun owner or not.
For 1000000th time, HOW DO YOU TEST FOR COMMON SENSE???? You still have not answered my question for past several posts.

yes.... which can be interpreted to one's agenda.

1. USA = 304,059,724
2. Germany = 82,369,552
3. factors that you largely ignored - diversity index in both countries, ratio rate in terms of population, geographic factor, cultural factor, etc. etc. and dozens more factors (which you conveniently ignored)
4. While Germany has less gun crimes, it has more crimes on other areas

lastly - this is not about USA vs. Germany in terms of gun-related cases. This is about Texas and Texas alone.

It´s not hard to count the population per capital to how many population between Germany and USA...

You can see the % per 1,000 population.

Murders with firearms (per capita) (most recent) by country

Murders with firearms (per capita) by country. Definition, graph and map.

Gun Violence homicides by country. Definition, graph and map.

Murders with firearms statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

Homicides > Gun Violence statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

Homicides > Gun Violence statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

Gun Violence homicides (most recent) by country

It´s about just Gun violence.

Nice try... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back