Born into Deaf families vs Hearing families

i , for one, dislikes Deafs born from deaf families they tend to be up their noses and so spoilt, and they need a kick in the bum to realise that most 9 of 10, are born into that and the 9 of 10 experiences more Deafness that the cosy cosy all signing environment, we had more rawness. I get real tired even angry with those big shot deafies getting 'top jobs' to tell Deaf people what to do, it should be outlawed...

Yes I see that myself I know at my daughters school I tried to talk to one of the little girls and my daughter got my attention and said the little girl doesn't understand me her reasoning was she has hearing parents. I had to point out to her that she was also born to hearing parents, her response "but her parents are more hearing" and no she wasn't referring to they're ability to hear she was talking about signing ability and style.

So is this obvious as adults.

I'm sorry I realize this is a matajan style question, but I am not finding the answers online. and no it is not for a homework assignment it is my own question.

I find that sad that your young baby girl noticed the difference between hearie parents who teach native language and hearie parents who are only trying for the sake of making their life easier.:shock:

Good for you!

i , for one, dislikes Deafs born from deaf families they tend to be up their noses and so spoilt, and they need a kick in the bum to realise that most 9 of 10, are born into that and the 9 of 10 experiences more Deafness that the cosy cosy all signing environment, we had more rawness. I get real tired even angry with those big shot deafies getting 'top jobs' to tell Deaf people what to do, it should be outlawed...

You hate hearies.

You dislike Deafs born from Deaf families.

You dislike accomplished Deafies.

Wow! What *DO* you like?

You hate hearies.

You dislike Deafs born from Deaf families.

You dislike accomplished Deafies.

Wow! What *DO* you like?

i didnt say accomplished Deafies, just power-hungry shitheads, and those practise favourism, I like ordinary down to earth deafies whose have real experiences and are salt of the earth. I dont like the 'professionalism' trend which been really 'imported' from USA...because it was *seen* and assumed by the rich and powerful to peddled to the masses via 'popular media' as 'real solutions'. when it is far from the truth. Im not a truth seeker either. Also 'accomplished Deafies' tend to act on behalf of the Deaf-born-from-Deaf families hyping up cults unwittinly do no favour to themselves, put other way, push everyone on the individuals self-reliance which also tend to delude everyone (and themselves) to think its perfectly safe to throw out social responsiibility and worship economic-reductionalism. This is a dangerous mistake which i fear this trend of 'mulitculturalism'/'everyones' the same'/'policy is for everyone/ no one is indifference' for it tend to leave out /weaken our cases when we try voice out against shortcomings that affect our lives, in particular to the real d/Deaf people, whose dont practise 'Deafer than thou' intraprejudices, like audism (the true meaning of audism, and Deafism (deafer than thou) and audism is more knowing (hearing way) than fellow deafies...and on the level of policy it also give hearing people/system/institution big leverage to say 'no we wont accomodate you, everyone is the same and sorry you are disadvantaged - now piss off' this effectively takes us all back to the 1970s or worse...
so there that's why i dont 'like accomplished deafies' as not all of them are bad, but the ones chosen for publication or media highlights are tend to be duped on behalf of the bigot (hardcore smooth talking 'Deaf leaders')where in reality it does FUCKING NOTHING AT ALL...just a 'oh that's quaint, even Deaf people wants rights like the gays... but the trouble is...it doesnt deal with the roots of how hearing really conventionally keep deaf away, and/or how Deaf leadership is nothing more than parroting 'hearing BUSINESS models which isnt equiped for dealing with SOCIAL ISSUES,, it just for "show" to appease those hearings who holds the purse strings that is in the governments or sponsorships, or school boards...geeez the worse thing about 'deaf politics' is that all is so wound up on 'education' - that arent society...so its not even close to describe what we're really dealing with...

lol i recall a local newspaper article moaning about the loss of two hearing staffs in the local office...what really is a joke is that, sic no body talk about how much unemployment does d/Deaf people really suffer from, two hearies WHOOPEE FUCKING DO...i cry for them- NOT....and the newspapers/even the offices and the head office play it out as 'serious' its sooo sad..what crock, like, it plays on false understanding of what Really matters...also i think its good move to keep deaf staffs, but the peeve i have is their mentality like 'we're professionals' they arent even that good...sic...but oh well...

Maybe you had me asking you that. :shock:

I always ask everyone if they're deaf, no matter if I think they're hearing.

Reason:
If I ask them if they are hearing...
Deaf person will reply "Wtf man! I am deaf..." And remember this for life. :/
Hearing person is "yeah...."

If I ask them if they are deaf..
Deaf person goes "Yeah"
Hearing person goes "No!!!" and they're absolutely thrilled.

I've posted this before.

yeah i do that too so i would know what to say depending on the issues.

agree with jill, that's an excellent one i shall try remember this one :cheers:

ps was it you who had the 20 yo PVW ? if yes then nice one btw , got a 18 yo Yamazaki , a 23yo Ron Zacapa, and a 21 Bushmills arrive at some point...

Yes. We need to drink together sometimes

So I am taking a Deaf culture class and Deaf people in society class and the reading material for this week has a lot to do with the differences of deaf people born into deaf families and ones born into hearing families. I know with kids (based on my own experiences only) it is easy to tell based on language that they either have hearing or deaf parents.
Well, my question is as adults do you notice a difference in they're signing style.

In my old HS, the Deaf school, I know a few Deaf families and they're fluent ASL signers. Unsurprisingly, their English skills are pretty higher, due to early communication. One of Deaf families do have their good speaking skills.

Maybe you had me asking you that. :shock:

I always ask everyone if they're deaf, no matter if I think they're hearing.

Reason:
If I ask them if they are hearing...
Deaf person will reply "Wtf man! I am deaf..." And remember this for life. :/
Hearing person is "yeah...."

If I ask them if they are deaf..
Deaf person goes "Yeah"
Hearing person goes "No!!!" and they're absolutely thrilled.

I've posted this before.
Oh, so maybe it wasn't a compliment of my signing abilities after all. Gee, thanks for that. :D

I once had a Deaf person ask me if I was deaf, which surprised me because I don't consider myself a very good signer. I think part of it is that so few hearing fathers bother to learn ASL that when they see a man signing to his kids, they just assume he's deaf.

Yea, I get mistaken for being hearing and my hearing husband gets mistaken for being deaf and I am far mroe fluent in ASL than he is. Kinda weird.

Back