Boils?

J'explique

Reaction score
Have anyone had it before? If so, what is the treatment for boils?

I think I never had it until now. I have one where my ear connects to my head.

Yep, when I was a kid I had boils sometimes. They hurt. I had a staph infection, and it caused boils every month. They gave me lots of antibiotics. When I got one, my mom took me to the doctor, and the doctor cut them open to stop them from growing. When he cut them, they were very gross, but they healed in a few days after cutting.

If you have one, you should see the doctor. They can get very infected if you don't treat them.

My former CO-worker used to have that when she was young. She told me that had to go dr and treated it. She asked dr why I kept getting them? So she had blood test and turned out 'dirty' in her blood and gave her medication (not sure if it is true) and it never came back since then. I never had one sooo best thing is get an appt to see doctor and get it treated as soon as you can.

Boils (Skin Abscesses) Information on MedicineNet.com

Skin Boil Treatments | Boil Home remedies (see the last paragraph)

I don't know if seeing a doctor is the most important thing right now. First of all, I don't have health insurance. Only insurance provided by my SSI. (I'm a full-time college student) There are limited numbers of doctor's offices accepting what my SSI medical benefit can offer.

I did some research on the internet and I am doing what to make my boil better. I am not too concerned about it right now. It takes time and I will see what happens in a few days from now.

I...Hate...BOILS!!!! I had em when I was younger but now I dont... just minority pimples... heh!

How big is it ? If, it is big than just a pimple's size, then you need a doctor to lance it and squeeze the toxin ( poison ) out, otherwise it will burst from the inside and it will go in your bloodstream to kill you. First before it gets in your bloodstream, you will be experiencin' high fever, sweat and very sick. That's a sign of toxic buildin' up in boil.

I had one boil before and it was very unpleasant experience for me. The fever was 105 and I was rushed to the hospital to have a doctor to lance it without anthesia ( sp ? ). I wasn't put to sleep. I was fully awake and can feel the pain. Of course, I cried out every time she ( dr. ) squeezed the " poison " out of boil. It was on my butt near the spinal cord. After she frequently squeezed it, the fever went down and I was given a pint of water in my vein ( IV ) to prevent dehydrated. It took about 2 hours to complete before I went home.

She told my ex that I would be dead within 24 hours after she checked a very deep RED spot in boil where there was a pink around it. It could burst anytime within 24 hours and I was lucky to be at the hospital on time.

Boil, cyst, lymph node, and a few are under " cancer ". They are family of cancer's - I think. Cancer ran in my mother's family side.

If, you had this BIG boil and still growin'... don't wait. Go and see your doctor.

Interesting experience, Maria..

My dad told me he had it before when he was on the drugs in the LONGGG past and he told me he HATE it..

Also my grandpa had it probably twice or three times from drinking too much of Coke-Cola, and he still drinking it...

...If you have one, you should see the doctor. They can get very infected if you don't treat them.
Yes, that is especially true now with the deadly MRSA spreading. Often it starts as an infected boil.

How big is it ? If, it is big than just a pimple's size, then you need a doctor to lance it and squeeze the toxin ( poison ) out, otherwise it will burst from the inside and it will go in your bloodstream to kill you. First before it gets in your bloodstream, you will be experiencin' high fever, sweat and very sick. That's a sign of toxic buildin' up in boil.

I had one boil before and it was very unpleasant experience for me. The fever was 105 and I was rushed to the hospital to have a doctor to lance it without anthesia ( sp ? ). I wasn't put to sleep. I was fully awake and can feel the pain. Of course, I cried out every time she ( dr. ) squeezed the " poison " out of boil. It was on my butt near the spinal cord. After she frequently squeezed it, the fever went down and I was given a pint of water in my vein ( IV ) to prevent dehydrated. It took about 2 hours to complete before I went home.

She told my ex that I would be dead within 24 hours after she checked a very deep RED spot in boil where there was a pink around it. It could burst anytime within 24 hours and I was lucky to be at the hospital on time.

Boil, cyst, lymph node, and a few are under " cancer ". They are family of cancer's - I think. Cancer ran in my mother's family side.

If, you had this BIG boil and still growin'... don't wait. Go and see your doctor.

Yeah... same with me when i was 15..boil on my thigh was so huge.. i had to be taken to ER... they sprayed supposed to freeze pain.. it did not work,,, they lanced and stuffed in a yard of gauges inside,... i had to be kept moist and warm for three days.. then they pulled gauges out ewww lots of pus on gauges... then next three months i kept getting boils all over my legs... found out i was anemic,,,

I don't know if seeing a doctor is the most important thing right now. First of all, I don't have health insurance. Only insurance provided by my SSI. (I'm a full-time college student) There are limited numbers of doctor's offices accepting what my SSI medical benefit can offer.

I did some research on the internet and I am doing what to make my boil better. I am not too concerned about it right now. It takes time and I will see what happens in a few days from now.

All SSI should apply for Medicaid.... all my friends who are on SSI .. they have Medicaid to take care of medicines and doctors ... hospitals...

Reba said:
Yes, that is especially true now with the deadly MRSA spreading. Often it starts as an infected boil.
My brother was in the hospital last week with MRSA and it started out as a boil on his face. They had to lance it and put him on specific antibiotics, as the name indicates, MRSA is resistant to most antibiotics. If it hasn't gone away by now, you really should get treatment. Most hospitals will prorate services for low-income individuals not covered by insurance.

My brother was in the hospital last week with MRSA and it started out as a boil on his face. They had to lance it and put him on specific antibiotics, as the name indicates, MRSA is resistant to most antibiotics. ...
Oh, my, I hope your brother is OK now?

Yeah... same with me when i was 15..boil on my thigh was so huge.. i had to be taken to ER... they sprayed supposed to freeze pain.. it did not work,,, they lanced and stuffed in a yard of gauges inside,... i had to be kept moist and warm for three days.. then they pulled gauges out ewww lots of pus on gauges... then next three months i kept getting boils all over my legs... found out i was anemic,,,

Yeah, that yard of gauge thing - I remember my old doctor put that in, too.. to cleanse it out.

Are you over it now ? I know how painful that must be. :hug: I guess, we have to change our food to eat right and healthy food. :cool:

Yeah, that yard of gauge thing - I remember my old doctor put that in, too.. to cleanse it out.

Are you over it now ? I know how painful that must be. :hug: I guess, we have to change our food to eat right and healthy food. :cool:

I was only 15 yrs old... too many boils throughout entire the summer... then never happened to me again.... since i got iron pills and vitimans.. it helps..

I fought like HELL when doctors lanced big boil... three days later doctor got an intern to come and sort of flirting with me.... i flirted back . same time doctor pulled gauges out quickly... i was stunned. and looked at an intern.. he waved and left... grrrr....

I was only 15 yrs old... too many boils throughout entire the summer... then never happened to me again.... since i got iron pills and vitimans.. it helps..

I fought like HELL when doctors lanced big boil... three days later doctor got an intern to come and sort of flirting with me.... i flirted back . same time doctor pulled gauges out quickly... i was stunned. and looked at an intern.. he waved and left... grrrr....

Aww, dang ! I am soo sorry. I don't mean to laugh, but I think it is funny. :lol: They were clever when they do that to you, so you won't fight back when your doctor pulled the gauges out quickly. I am glad that you are okay now and that's what it counts. ;)

Ok, guys and gals, I went to the hospital this afternoon since I don't have a primary care service yet. It'll be next month. (I've just moved from another state) The hospital visit was the shortest visit I've ever had. The doctor said what I have is called impetigo, it's somewhat similar to boils. He put me on antibiotics and clean the affected area thoroughly everyday and keep sterile. Then I got discharged in no time, no big deal. All I need are antibiotics and I'll be good to go. I'll make sure to bring my hand gel soap with me the whole time next time. Even I do take good care of myself, something can happen... The affected area is my earlobe, exactly the same place where my lobe meets my face. It can be hard to clean thoroughly, like where the nostril meets the face.

Ouchie, I'm glad you did go to the dr to get it checked out to be on the safe side..

I don't know if any of you have heard of this, as for some old wive's tale from my grandma to soak a piece of white bread in hot milk (boiling hot water then put some milk in it) and then wrap it in a gauze to hold on the boil once awhile off and on... it's suppose to absorbed the stuff from the boil... I had worked for me.... I use to have one right on my nose when I was younger.. sigh!!!

Back