Boils?

Ouchie, I'm glad you did go to the dr to get it checked out to be on the safe side..

I don't know if any of you have heard of this, as for some old wive's tale from my grandma to soak a piece of white bread in hot milk (boiling hot water then put some milk in it) and then wrap it in a gauze to hold on the boil once awhile off and on... it's suppose to absorbed the stuff from the boil... I had worked for me.... I use to have one right on my nose when I was younger.. sigh!!!

Yeah, as a precaution.

About the old wives' tales, is it really working?

Yeah, as a precaution.

About the old wives' tales, is it really working?

It did work for me when I had that boil on my nose years ago... it's just a natural thing to give it a try.. but since you got antibotics and so on... maybe just try to keep the area clean always don't touch it with your fingers or hands.. smile... use a gauze or tissue whatever you do with it...

It did work for me when I had that boil on my nose years ago... it's just a natural thing to give it a try.. but since you got antibotics and so on... maybe just try to keep the area clean always don't touch it with your fingers or hands.. smile... use a gauze or tissue whatever you do with it...

Yep, I'll be sure to keep my hands clean. Right now, I'm feeling like I'm turning into someone with OCD. It's kind of eerie, but that's best for my health as well as the others.

Yep, I'll be sure to keep my hands clean. Right now, I'm feeling like I'm turning into someone with OCD. It's kind of eerie, but that's best for my health as well as the others.

Wow.imigo sp... usually in children not adults.. i guess it is rare.. wow...

It's a similar Huge pimples! So its building up fatty but not serious... So Guess need to avoid the fatty food and take a multivitamin!!

aaahh! MRSA is seriously no joke. I had one last year. I survived with tons of antibiotic for three months. ALWAYS wash your hands all the times.

This month, the news reported that four towns received same MRSA in Connecticut. Recently, there is one town in New Jersey. One teenager officially died from MRSA in CT. Unknown report of death in NJ. The doctors are ordered to be silence.

Two Other Ways to fight infections

For MRSA: mix one tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide with
one quart of colloidal silver water. (I learned
how to make CSW myself) the two combined
will kill ANY bacteria and virus including HIV
Can be used topically or internally.

This is what I do for MY family. I am NOT a doctor.

In addition when fighting an infection, for two weeks
take 1 Super Lysine Plus tablet on an empty stomach
with large glass of water. (Not Pregnant Women as
lysine may reduce argenine in your blood which will
reduce nitric oxide: your body needs nitric oxide to
supply blood to the baby)

Day 3, and my impetigo seems to be healing. The redness is starting to fade away. Not too much pus oozes out either. That's a wonderful news to know.

Antibiotic threw my body out of a loop yesterday (chill, fatigue), but I got back to normal this morning. I'm perfectly fine now. I'm not used to have drugs/pills in my system. I never grew up have to take prescription medicines all the time, only when I needed it.

J'explique

How did you get the infection? I had no idea how I got one. I may think that it came from a hospital or visiting someone at a nursing home.

J'explique

How did you get the infection? I had no idea how I got one. I may think that it came from a hospital or visiting someone at a nursing home.

I honestly have no idea how I got it. I initially thought it was a bug bite, then I thought it was a pimple. I started to realize it's not just a bug bite because it won't heal after 2 weeks and somehow the pus, a big one, really oozed out big time. Ew.

Maybe I have gotten the bacteria from someone else or place, then my ear felt itchy so I scratched it with my contaminated hand. I don't know.

wow, this thread here got me goose bump... I never heard like that in my life... this is a first I heard is here... oww...

I can tell from those description that you should check with Dr.

Update: My impetigo seems to be gone. I have taken all the antibiotic the dr. has prescribed me in a several weeks. Yay, I'm off pills! However, I don't feel any of pus coming out anymore and what left is a wound. I still use neosporin to heal the wound from impetigo. Good news.

... The doctors are ordered to be silence.
Same problem here. The state of South Carolina is not required by law to report cases of MRSA. Also, the college where I work had a staff meeting about MRSA. The college president told the staff not to spread information about MRSA to the students. But some instructors are doing it anyway because they are concerned about the students. The college wants to keep it hushed up that there are six known cases of MRSA at the school.

Information and pictures:

SCDHEC: Acute Disease Epidemiology - Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus ( MRSA)

Update: My impetigo seems to be gone. I have taken all the antibiotic the dr. has prescribed me in a several weeks. Yay, I'm off pills! However, I don't feel any of pus coming out anymore and what left is a wound. I still use neosporin to heal the wound from impetigo. Good news.

Neosporin is good!!! i use the extra strength one... or witch hazel

Same problem here. The state of South Carolina is not required by law to report cases of MRSA. Also, the college where I work had a staff meeting about MRSA. The college president told the staff not to spread information about MRSA to the students. But some instructors are doing it anyway because they are concerned about the students. The college wants to keep it hushed up that there are six known cases of MRSA at the school.

If, they hushed it up -then, how come there's a " health " class at school ? Same with regular schools, not to mention of colleges. If, they are teachin' about how to use condoms, or somethin' to prevent from gettin' pregnant - then, how come they don't teach somethin' about staph/or MRSA in order to protect themselves from fallin' into ill or death ?

If, they hushed it up -then, how come there's a " health " class at school ? Same with regular schools, not to mention of colleges. If, they are teachin' about how to use condoms, or somethin' to prevent from gettin' pregnant - then, how come they don't teach somethin' about staph/or MRSA in order to protect themselves from fallin' into ill or death ?
They said they don't want to create a panic.

Back