Bodyworn vs. BTE

Fragmenter and his wife decided on the BTE for their son (he's 5) and he seems to be doing well with it. I'll just sit back and let Fragmenter tell you himself.
FRAG !!!!

Waiting for an update from you!

I'm not an implant but I remember my mother crochecting a pocket and sewing it to my dress for my hearing aid. She didn't like me chewing on the hearing aid cords though. Maybe that'll work?

deafskeptic, that would be a neat idear..........and I mean with knitting being so big, you could make really really cool looking harnesses! Like with fun fur and stuff!

Oh, and I bet, some of the ipod holders might work for a CI holder?
I actually got this really cool looking fake fur holder (for my cell)

As said earlier, be very sure the body worn does not lay on its side in any type of pouch. It will lead to an early death of a $200 cord.

My mom and I are in the process of making a few bodyworn holders. We got a few tiny beanie babies ( a frog, a dog etc.) and took the stuffing out. We stuck the bodyworn in it and are making a little velcro tab to hold it shut. It was my mom's idea. But it is so cute to see a little frog on Isaac's shoulder!

My mom and I are in the process of making a few bodyworn holders. We got a few tiny beanie babies ( a frog, a dog etc.) and took the stuffing out. We stuck the bodyworn in it and are making a little velcro tab to hold it shut. It was my mom's idea. But it is so cute to see a little frog on Isaac's shoulder!
Talk is cheap...
I want to see pictures!!!

(GREAT IDEA!!)

That is a VERY cute idea!!!

OMG! I would love to see pictures!

What a neat idea!

We're trying to figure out a way to secure the animal to his back. Safety pins don't work really good. We were thinking of sewing keychain rings on the top and bottom. I'll take a pic when we have it perfected!

We're trying to figure out a way to secure the animal to his back. Safety pins don't work really good. We were thinking of sewing keychain rings on the top and bottom. I'll take a pic when we have it perfected!

What about the kind of safety pins that you use for cloth diapers? They might be stronger...I dunno. Just an idea. :)

We have been using safetypins for the last two years.

The safetypin is attatched to the clothing, and the flap of the little bag goes trough the pin, and is then closed on the velcro.

Works fine...

Actually, lately I have sewed the safetypin on the bag, so it is one part now, but overall it works well.

Using keyrings you cannot just put it on anything. With the safetypin it's easy to take off when a sweater is taken off and put on the t-shirt below it..

and aren't there those cool colored safety pins that you can get at Wal-Mart?

I was telling my wife about the beany baby idea. She brought up a good point. The beany baby may do more harm than good. It is a good idea to make a cute battery pach holder, but it will also attact little hands. We have a hard enough time keeping other little kids from touching or playing with Lillys pack on her back. Thi sis one of the reasons we put her pouch inside of her clothes. Little kids may be more likely to mess with her equipment if it looks like a toy that they are otherwise allowed to playwith. If a kid is allowed to play with a beanie baby normally, then they could have a very hard time figuring out why they cannot touch that beanie baby.

I was telling my wife about the beany baby idea. She brought up a good point. The beany baby may do more harm than good. It is a good idea to make a cute battery pach holder, but it will also attact little hands. We have a hard enough time keeping other little kids from touching or playing with Lillys pack on her back. Thi sis one of the reasons we put her pouch inside of her clothes. Little kids may be more likely to mess with her equipment if it looks like a toy that they are otherwise allowed to playwith. If a kid is allowed to play with a beanie baby normally, then they could have a very hard time figuring out why they cannot touch that beanie baby.

That is a good point, however Isaac is home with me all day and isn't around many other little kids. I guess we will find out how well this works over time. I posted a pic of what I came up with on Isaac's blog.
Isaac's World

Back