Bodyworn vs. BTE

VERY VERY CUTE!!!!! I think you have something that might be a big seller!
Lilysdad, good point, but I mean......maybe a good idear might be to kind of "enclose" the beany baby with a cage of some sort, so that kids will know not to touch it.

VERY VERY CUTE!!!!! I think you have something that might be a big seller!
Lilysdad, good point, but I mean......maybe a good idear might be to kind of "enclose" the beany baby with a cage of some sort, so that kids will know not to touch it.

With the cage, it would end up feeling/looking kind of bulky for the little kid.

I was telling my wife about the beany baby idea. She brought up a good point. The beany baby may do more harm than good. It is a good idea to make a cute battery pach holder, but it will also attact little hands. We have a hard enough time keeping other little kids from touching or playing with Lillys pack on her back. This is one of the reasons we put her pouch inside of her clothes. Little kids may be more likely to mess with her equipment if it looks like a toy that they are otherwise allowed to playwith. If a kid is allowed to play with a beanie baby normally, then they could have a very hard time figuring out why they cannot touch that beanie baby.
Good point. Who wouldn't want to hug a beany.
When I propose it to my wife, she had a good point as well.
Now, in the little denim bags, they don't stick out, and not that visible. Lotte is treated as anyone else.
A beany will put focus on the CI, removing the focus from the child.

We don't put her BTE's below clothing except below a coat. But Lillys Dad, I guess you are talking about the battery-pack, not the earpiece.

.............maybe a good idear might be to kind of "enclose" the beany baby with a cage of some sort, so that kids will know not to touch it.
Little rocket-launchers that would fire at any finger that would come too close. (Radiocontrolled to be turned off by the parents..)

Correct, battery pack.

I know! A beanie baby finger guillotine (sp)! When the little digits touch it 'OFF WITH THE TIPS"!

I took some pics of Lillys setup. Lets see if I can get them here.
Hey it worked! The first pic shows the velcro on one of many undershirts and on the battery pack holder. We did this so we only had to make 2 holders. They interchange with the shirts. We also put the velcro on several dresses and shirts so she would not always have to wear an undershirt. The other two were just cute pics of her, so I threw em in!~

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 9
Correct, battery pack.

I know! A beanie baby finger guillotine (sp)! When the little digits touch it 'OFF WITH THE TIPS"!
Weired..... my thought was also a guillotine but I couldn't practically defend it.... So I went for the laser....

!!! :fruit: We are sick individuals :fruit: !!!

Lotte is treated as anyone else.
A beany will put focus on the CI, removing the focus from the child.
So? You're thinking that it will create negative attention......I think it's a positive thing. Kids and people will be like "oh that's so cool!"
What I was thinking for the beany babies was maybe like a mesh bag or a "barrier" made out of cloth, to symbolize "don't touch"

So? You're thinking that it will create negative attention......I think it's a positive thing. Kids and people will be like "oh that's so cool!"
What I was thinking for the beany babies was maybe like a mesh bag or a "barrier" made out of cloth, to symbolize "don't touch"
Then, all the children should wear them.....
At the moment, the little bags on her shoulders are just there, nothing special.
I wouldn't like 3-4 year old children touching them when there's an expensive CI (BTE) in there....
So, the attention might not be negative, the result might be a catastrophy!!

By the way... the excess of attention that Lotte is getting is NOT positive....

I took some pics of Lillys setup. Lets see if I can get them here.
Hey it worked! The first pic shows the velcro on one of many undershirts and on the battery pack holder. We did this so we only had to make 2 holders. They interchange with the shirts. We also put the velcro on several dresses and shirts so she would not always have to wear an undershirt. The other two were just cute pics of her, so I threw em in!~
That they are... cute!

If you can, try a BTE in that position. Much smaller, and she'll have nothing on the ear. Only thing that can fall off is the coil.
(You'll need a longer cable for the coil though.. here and here)
Lotte%20-%20afgewend detail.jpg

When Lilly was first activated, we dfid not have the battery pack. So we had to do somehting very similar to what you are doing. We had problems with the BTE in the bag and pinned to her shoulder.

Do you have a microphone attactment or is it just the mics on the BTE? I would imagine there could be some sound problems if you do not have a miconnected. The sound quality might suffer if the mics are covered in denim and pinned to the back.

We actually are quite happy with how we have our set up. We have a long cord left over from then, it may be wirth a try at some point....

When Lilly was first activated, we dfid not have the battery pack. So we had to do somehting very similar to what you are doing. We had problems with the BTE in the bag and pinned to her shoulder.

Do you have a microphone attactment or is it just the mics on the BTE? I would imagine there could be some sound problems if you do not have a miconnected. The sound quality might suffer if the mics are covered in denim and pinned to the back.

We actually are quite happy with how we have our set up. We have a long cord left over from then, it may be wirth a try at some point....
It's just the BTE in the bag. Coil cable goes from there to her head. Nothing else... The microphones are sticking out ot the bag... I haven't connected a separate microphone.

DeafDyke: Yep.... She has worn out 1 pair of bags allready.

DD, I guess a small back pack could work, but that would get impracticle, you need something universal to be worn daily

Back