blu-ray player VS DVD player

Ditto!

We bought LCD TV at few years ago after long years waiting for good price. I have 2 normal TV - this is for games and watch TV at 2nd living room and LCD at 1st living room for us... :D

We own DVD player (for boys) and DVD/VHS recorder for ourselves. We are happy with them... We own a lot of VHS with subtitles and also DVD as well. Why should we give all up when we are happy to own them?

You means that you have HDTV?

Wow, it's 10 years of HDTV on market.

zigzac, hey whynot you get Blue ray rom for PC? I am JUST curious, thats all. :D

zigzac, hey whynot you get Blue ray rom for PC? I am JUST curious, thats all. :D

Hey XBGMER, you're back. Glad to see you back.

Well, I think It's better to get Blu ray player instead PC. For PC, I surf net and checking email you know. I'd rather watch Blu ray player with TV instead PC. I will buy Blu ray player for chrismas sale.

What about you?

Last edited:
Hey XBGMER, you're back. Glad to see you back.

Well, I think It's better to get Blu ray player than PC. For PC, I surf net and checking email you know. I'd rather watch Blu ray player with TV than PC. I will buy Blu ray player for chrismas sale.

What about you?

You can install BD drive on your PC but check your graphic card if support or it.

For XP, Just go to right click properties and click on tab, it can be ATI, GeForce or Intel, for Vista, go to right click then Personalize an click on Display Settings, it will tell you.

If not sure then try download GPUZ, it will tell a brand of graphic card that you using.
techPowerUp! :: Download TechPowerUp GPU-Z v0.2.5

No, he isn't able to watch BD movie on his laptop because ATI 200M isn't support BD playback but he can burn, write or using stuff via BD instead of watch BD movie, unless he get new laptop with better graphic card.

Intel GMA 950 isn't supported on BD playback either, only GMA X3100 support on BD playback but it will utilize on CPU so much.
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1189528459257#versionTabview=tab0&tabview=tab5
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/supp...p?FID=2577&nProdId=31&ProdVerId=175&nCateId=5

Dedicated graphic card is most recommended for BD playback.

Ok, folks,

For a year and half, I have PS3 game console that can play BD and DVD movies. BD stands for Bluray disc. Some BD movies has closed caption that worked so well with my current NTSC TV (480i) via PS3 player and video component.

Now I have Dell 24" LCD monitor that has very high resolution like 1920x1200. I installed PowerDVD Ultra software and its pictures looks so razor-sharp like going to the movie theater. My laptop has 1920x1200 HDTV-like LCD monitor as well.

I already started to build my BD movie library while I continue to buy old TV shows like Emergency!, Mission: Impossible, etc in DVD format. New TV shows like Heroes and Lost come in BD format right now.

I hope that future HDMI cables would support closed captioning for HDTV monitors. Only video component cables (up to 1080i) supports closed caption signals at this time. According to my Video Demysified book for video programming, it said that MPEG4 for HD videos does support both line 21 and digital CC. Through MPEG decoder software/hardware, it will convert CC packets into line 21 or digital CC signals before go to HDTV or NTSC TV monitor.

Tim

Ok, folks,

For a year and half, I have PS3 game console that can play BD and DVD movies. BD stands for Bluray disc. Some BD movies has closed caption that worked so well with my current NTSC TV (480i) via PS3 player and video component.

Now I have Dell 24" LCD monitor that has very high resolution like 1920x1200. I installed PowerDVD Ultra software and its pictures looks so razor-sharp like going to the movie theater. My laptop has 1920x1200 HDTV-like LCD monitor as well.

I already started to build my BD movie library while I continue to buy old TV shows like Emergency!, Mission: Impossible, etc in DVD format. New TV shows like Heroes and Lost come in BD format right now.

I hope that future HDMI cables would support closed captioning for HDTV monitors. Only video component cables (up to 1080i) supports closed caption signals at this time. According to my Video Demysified book for video programming, it said that MPEG4 for HD videos does support both line 21 and digital CC. Through MPEG decoder software/hardware, it will convert CC packets into line 21 or digital CC signals before go to HDTV or NTSC TV monitor.

Tim

There's no CC support via component cable (red, blue, green), only composite video (yellow) can do CC at 480i. 480p and above are not support CC via directly to tv.

HDMI has issue with CC, all BD movies have SDH and HD receivers have CC built-in that allow to use CC in HD and digital instead of use directly to tv, CC issue on HDMI wouldn't fixed for some reason.

Wrong time to post in here for mod! i will pick right time to post somewhere rightplace for mod!

Back