Blind people packin'

if youre blind, keep firing til you hear a groan, zero in on it and wait for a thud... target accomplished....lol

Wow! I thought the blind can't have gun license. How about the usher syndrome could get s hunting & gun licenses?
Depends on the state. In SC, a person doesn't get a gun license just to buy a gun. We only need a special permit to carry a gun concealed. To get that permit we have to take a course and pass the written test and the practical (shooting) test. I suppose if a blind person can pass the test then he/she can get a permit.

Hunting licenses don't require a vision test. You just show your ID and pay your fee.

Depends on the state. In SC, a person doesn't get a gun license just to buy a gun. We only need a special permit to carry a gun concealed. To get that permit we have to take a course and pass the written test and the practical (shooting) test. I suppose if a blind person can pass the test then he/she can get a permit.

Hunting licenses don't require a vision test. You just show your ID and pay your fee.

Interesting. That is new to me. In Indiana is not allowed blind to have a gun license. I'm not sure about the hunting. I don't have an usher syndrome do hunting. I would like to ask anyone from Ushers syndrome groups on Facebook.

It must be ok, I saw it on TV:

I was just watching the Blues Brothers movie again last night and I saw Ray Charles defend his music store with some very accurate shooting.

Years ago, I saw him again in a commercial as a driving instructor. :P

John Wellman was a fairly famous attorney here who was blind, and who lost his sight in a hunting accident.

I think he still maintained the hobby after hunting with friends who directed his shooting.

I have little topic off and ask you the question. Can Deaf get a gun license? I'm curious.

I have little topic off and ask you the question. Can Deaf get a gun license? I'm curious.

Yes, but most states do not require a gun license. Maybe you meant, can a deaf person buy a gun?

I have a deaf friend who bought/owns a few guns he uses for hunting.

Yes, but most states do not require a gun license. Maybe you meant, can a deaf person buy a gun?

I have a deaf friend who bought/owns a few guns he uses for hunting.

I have a deaf and hoh friends have a hunting license too. THey love to do their hobby for a hunting.

After reading this link, you will finally heard one.

Brighton blind man faces murder charge - Boston.com

Well, all I can see in the news is that he stabbed his former teacher with a knife or some kind of weapon but not a gun at all. This is different when AD posters were talking about guns rights for the Blind. We will never know what cause him to kill his own teacher as they did not explain why he did this. :(

As for me, I don't know if I am comfortable having the guns around no matter who has the disability or not. It bother me very much. :(

Here in Alaska you can be hallucinating and hearing voices while deaf/blind and buy and carry whatever you want as long as you pass the background check, fill out the form, and sign your name.

Back