Blind people packin'

'Course it is...the blind can do many things that even I cannot do....Guessing too, they get "tired" of people saying..."Oh, you're blind and just amazing!"...same as for us deafies..."Oh, you're deaf, but you speak so well!"....

To each their own, I say...If I become blind tomorrow, I'm sure I will find a way to cope and I'll be damned if someone tells me that I'm amazing!....I'd rather just feel the Love and not the praise of being able to do something just because I was blind....

Hey! Blind Iowan here. Who wants to come do target practice with me?? :P

'Course it is...the blind can do many things that even I cannot do....Guessing too, they get "tired" of people saying..."Oh, you're blind and just amazing!"...same as for us deafies..."Oh, you're deaf, but you speak so well!"....

To each their own, I say...If I become blind tomorrow, I'm sure I will find a way to cope and I'll be damned if someone tells me that I'm amazing!....I'd rather just feel the Love and not the praise of being able to do something just because I was blind....

well Im blind in one eye - completely...and
i HAVE tried shutting my eye whie riding the bike, I could'nt i freaked out and just went sideways...its actually bloody hard to do
thats why i said amazing, as I have 2 x first hand expeience of blindness AND riding...

I do know what you mean, exactly, it would piss them off saying that as hearies says about us deafies...
ok I slipped...but not entirely because i spoke from MY experience to that i recognise just how hard it is, like 'we cheat because we can see if we're tipping of not, and the brain is trained to rely on sight...
just as if hearies brains are relying on tv audio and 'amazed' that we 'read' and udnerstand subtitles on TV so quickly, while its sooooo ordinary for us...

Think of the fully hearing and seeing people....they shoot at random....Ever heard of a blind person committing a murder?...I haven't.

I feel a blind person who lives alone is entitled to have a gun on his/her person, even under their pillow at night....If someone comes into the room, they can hear it and ask who it is...a mugger or robber or rapist would not answer.....
That's because no one ever seen them do it...lmao

I honestly don't know how I feel about that.

Off topic but do you ever wonder about the brail on drive up ATMs :D I'm sure it's just standard key pad manufacturing but it always makes me smile when I use a drive up ATM.

crap we don't have that in NZ!! but a drive thru for kfc, macdonalds and burger king yes that's about it

Its kind of like giving a pack of razor blades to someone who's suicidal. Blind and shooting don't mix as with drinking and driving.

Many years ago I had a legally blind girlfriend. Awesome determined woman, she was so frustrated with being unable to legally drive. She had everywhere memorized and rode her bicycle. When she found out she could legally drive a moped, whoa, she was everywhere with that thing. I was going uh oh but whatcha going to do? Steal the wheels? I said nothing she was of age and smarter than me. The next thing she is in traffic at night in the rain driving being determined her. What had to happen did and thank god only the bike was smashed up.
She was legal, but right? well that is the point of the story.

I live alone and im deafblind , live in nyc not sure about the gun if I new how to use it right..my vision like 20/700 not sure about clear target..thats sure food for thought..

Also, I have heard blind man robbed a bank!
I also have heard Deaf committed murder, rape, etc.

Regardless of disability, crime of opportunity does not discriminates based on disability.

Whoa he killed his former teacher from blind school.. I wonder what did she do to deserve that? Did she put him up to a stucco wall or what? :eek3:

Off topic but do you ever wonder about the brail on drive up ATMs :D I'm sure it's just standard key pad manufacturing but it always makes me smile when I use a drive up ATM.

I have been with a group before where one of the passengers needed to use an ATM. Blindness wasn't involved but I could see where it could be usefull for a passenger to have it.

That's why they got those noise makers on the sides of the highway so blind people don't run off the road.

OMG at this thread. Some of the posts made me laugh but then again, I do have to put myself in blind people's shoes and how they must feel.

I don't blame them for wanting the same rights. If they can shoot a gun and hit the target, then go for it.

Wow! I thought the blind can't have gun license. How about the usher syndrome could get s hunting & gun licenses?

Back